Quantcast
Flames take care of business - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flames take care of business

lammer Guest

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller

Nope, the Oilers are gonna role over your pathetic pretty boys and give you yet another reason to be embarrassed to be from Calgary!

hey, like i said last year the flames said if they don't make it to the playoffs the oilers won't and wow, oilers lost to calgary in a season game at the end of the season and didn't make it to the playoffs

I'm glad Iginla is staying with the Flames, he's the best player on the team, the guy is a powerful physical specimen and walks through defensemen like no-one else can. I might actually watch more than two games!

He was SEVERELY underpaid last season, not only compared to other top NHL players, but also compared to other players on the same team, especially Mike Vernon (uselss too!). If the team doesn't pay, he'll go away, simple as that.

Isn't Iginla originally from Edmonton?
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

Ya he left that dump St. Albert to come down to a real city.

lammer Guest

anyways enough with the bashing of both teams, we will find out who will do better when hockey starts!!!

My Ride
    911 Turbo

Originally posted by lammer
    anyways enough with the bashing of both teams, we will find out who will do better when hockey starts!!!
    We don't need to wait biatch, i think we both know that Edmonton is gonna go a whole lot further then calgary! So smarten' up bud and realize that you guys have got nothing! By the way, what's with the third jersey? A flaming horse or dragon or something.... good call idiots!

What were we thinking?

By the way, hows all that oil drilling going?

lammer Guest

We don't need to wait biatch, i think we both know that Edmonton is gonna go a whole lot further then calgary! So smarten' up bud and realize that you guys have got nothing! By the way, what's with the third jersey? A flaming horse or dragon or something.... good call idiots!

edmonton, edmonton, edmonton.....
    you think alot of things. but i think calgary will do good this year and will take edmonton. flaming horse or dragon, hey it looks hella lot cooler then your cheap ass jerseys!!
    look at your jerseys, a big oil rig, and you think thats something to be proud of?

My Ride
    911 Turbo

edmonton, edmonton, edmonton.....
    you think alot of things. but i think calgary will do good this year and will take edmonton. flaming horse or dragon, hey it looks hella lot cooler then your cheap ass jerseys!!
    look at your jerseys, a big oil rig, and you think thats something to be proud of?
    Yeah, something that you can't even tell what is, is certainly cooler then something that makes Alberta the richest province in canada, and one of the richest in north america and even the world. I'm thinkin it is something to be proud of. But hey, so is a flaming horse or dragon or whatever it is.......

My Ride
    2000 DC4

Hey I want calgary and edmonton into the playoffs ,go canadian teams . So who is entering hockey pools ,and witch one.
    JDM goodness + boost = 1 phat integra

www.abtegs.net

lammer Guest

it makes alberta rich, not you.

My Ride
    911 Turbo

it makes alberta rich, not you.
    Wow, you never cease to amaze me, you know that! You managed to change my words and warp them so that you could get out of what i said, that i was personally rich! Congrats lammer you flammer. From now on, don't do that, cuz you look like an idiot when you read something different from what i wrote!

lammer Guest

Wow, you never cease to amaze me, you know that! You managed to change my words and warp them so that you could get out of what i said, that i was personally rich! Congrats lammer you flammer. From now on, don't do that, cuz you look like an idiot when you read something different from what i wrote!

okay give me my post on where i flammed you. any please you are the one that is flamming, calling us idiots and such, I only said that flames whooped the oilers and knocked them out of the playoff race, and that we will wait to see who will make it this year and yet you are pulling out things by calling me(calgarians? ) idiots for having a flaming horse or whatever on our jersey?..oh wait forget what i said it won't go through your thick edmontonian head anyways.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

My Ride
    NC1

We will see which team is better this year

Go Flames Go!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    911 Turbo

okay give me my post on where i flammed you. any please you are the one that is flamming, calling us idiots and such, I only said that flames whooped the oilers and knocked them out of the playoff race, and that we will wait to see who will make it this year and yet you are pulling out things by calling me(calgarians? ) idiots for having a flaming horse or whatever on our jersey?..oh wait forget what i said it won't go through your thick edmontonian head anyways.
    Firstly Lammer you flammer, i didn't mean you were starting fights, i meant you were a flammin homo, sorry, i'll be more clear next time. Secondly, you and the rest of calgary seems to be grasping to the fact that you "whooped" the oilers outta the playoffs, but have you forgotten that one of the oilers top player makers was out for a major portion of the season, and were behind the eight ball from that point on, so i'd say that's what kept them outta the playoffs, not a single game. Now smarten up foo!

lammer Guest

Firstly Lammer you flammer, i didn't mean you were starting fights, i meant you were a flammin homo, sorry, i'll be more clear next time. Secondly, you and the rest of calgary seems to be grasping to the fact that you "whooped" the oilers outta the playoffs, but have you forgotten that one of the oilers top player makers was out for a major portion of the season, and were behind the eight ball from that point on, so i'd say that's what kept them outta the playoffs, not a single game. Now smarten up foo!
    naw, i think the only homo here is you. you take the meaning of homo and put it to a whole new level. but just because one player is out for a season shouldn't make the team perform any less. hah just face it oilers blow goats man.

My Ride
    GTI

Just so you guys know, it's a horse with fire coming out of the nostrils.

Edmonton jerseys look terrible, i kinda like the team though, but of course I like Calgary better.

And as for the Edmonton vs. Calgary thing, i think in just about every way Calgary is better, i'm not gonna bother going into details. Edmonton is an alright place though, but one thing i've gotta say, I know lots of people who have moved from Edmonton to Calgary, but only one person who has moved to Edmonton, there must be a reason. Imo neither Calgary nor Edmonton is that great though, I mean, it's Alberta, there's plenty of other places I'd rather live.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 09-11-2002 at 01:29 AM.

I think we all have to face the fact that Calgary isn't going to do well anymore. We may have a pretty good season, where we're close to the playoffs, but we'll never do well again. And thats just the way it goes for the NHL, no $$, no playoffs, no cup. Also, as long as we have guys like Guatier (<-- spelling) and Berube, we'll not do well.

Originally posted by turkeysilk
    I think we all have to face the fact that Calgary isn't going to do well anymore. We may have a pretty good season, where we're close to the playoffs, but we'll never do well again. And thats just the way it goes for the NHL, no $$, no playoffs, no cup. Also, as long as we have guys like Guatier (<-- spelling) and Berube, we'll not do well.
    Does anyone but me remember the Carolina Hurricanes? Budget similar to Calgary and they went to the finals. Flames do have a slim chance, but its slim and none.

Originally posted by jonny

Does anyone but me remember the Carolina Hurricanes? Budget similar to Calgary and they went to the finals. Flames do have a slim chance, but its slim and none.
    Yes, but we only have one good player while the Huricanes had many. Francis, Brinda'mour, Kapenen, and O'Neil. Not to mention they had to go up the East end of the League, while we play the West. They play the Panthers, Lightning, Sabres, Thrashers. Even the best East team (Carolina) wouldn't even have been a match for the second best West team (Colorado).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast