Quantcast
Flames take care of business - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames take care of business

Default Flames take care of business

The Flames actually managed to sign Iginla for a two year $13 million dollar deal. Yay. Now to wait for 2004...

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Its about damn time!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    '04 Subaru STi

yeah i just heard that too. that's kick ass. too many people are saying that he's not worth it, but I disagree. i think in order to keep a team alive for at least another two years, it's a small price to pay. tic sales should hopefully go up too since we actually have a 'marquee' player again. fuck i love hockey!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

YAY IGILNA!!!!!
    Travel

My Ride
    AP1

Thank god, if they didn't have him and I watched a Flames game and didn't see my brown friend skating around my ass would be chapped
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

i odn't think he's worth that much because he proved he was a good player, but he hasn't proved that he could do it consistently yet. u never know, it could've been a fluke
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    GTI

I'm sorry, but when you get 100 points it's not a fluke. You obviously don't know hockey very well.

However, that doesn't mean he will do it again, what a lot of the pro's do is play half assed until the year their contract is up, this is when they shine, so they can score big on a new contract. If he's like most of the rest of the elite players he won't try as hard now that he has the contract and will likely have an average season.

youve gotta be a damn good player to be one of the top scorers in the league when your stuck with the flames.... imagine if he actually played with some good players , like detroit, hed kick some ass

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by Hakkola
    I'm sorry, but when you get 100 points it's not a fluke. You obviously don't know hockey very well.

Yeah Gavin dosnt know Hockey very well,( He knows it though) He proves this by coming in last in all of our hockey pools!

My Ride
    money-pit

Thats sure some good news..I thought for sure we would have lost him this year..anyways im just happy we will have hockey in calgary for at least another 2 years
    No and Im not like them....

I'm glad they signed him... it seems like everytime we release a player, he ends up doing better somewhere else.

My Ride
    2014 GLK350, 2013 GL550, 07 SL65AMG, 2013 f-150

Did anyone buy season tickets this year???

My Ride
    NC1

He is definitely worth the money.
    Down to earth guy who spends lots of time with various charities etc.
    What do you define as consistent? 10 years ago, 90pts was nothing, you had guys scoring 70goals and 150points.

Iggy has scored at least 28goals, 4 years in a row. That is a definite good sign. 25 years old, scoring champion, rocket richard trophy, lester b pearson and most of all, THE ONLY FLAME TO EVER LEAD THE LEAGUE IN SCORING.

Calgary can't afford Iggy, they will die with or without him, might as well die with him haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    BMW

I haven't heard the official news yet, but "$13 Million over 2 years"?!?!? Is that in US funds??? Wow, I didn't think they Flames would bend over backwards like that...
    I thought he shoulda just took the $5.5/year that Calgary was initially offering him. Now I fear he's gonna play half-assed for 2003, then kick it up a notch for 2004...

Remember what happend with Roman Turek after signing his contract? He started dogging it the very next game, and hasn't picked up since then...

My Ride
    GTI

Exactly, it's a well known practice. My friends dad is scout for Columbus Blue jackets so I know all about this kind of stuff. It's a really good idea to look at which players contracts are up at the end of the season to make picks for your pools. I think Iggy will have a good season, but he won't lead the league in scoring. As for him not playing with good players that's false. Marc savard was high in the point standings, I think it was him anyway. Defence is so tight nowadays that one man on his own can't possibly carry a team unless he's a goaltender. One person can make a difference, but they can't have a hundred point season without any help. However, there is a small chance that Iggy will be a good man and continue to work hard after scoring big, but I doubt there are many players left in the NHL like that, they know if they play as hard as they can every day their career's won't be as long due to putting too much strain on their bodies.

Ohh, and yes, that's 13 million in american funds over 2 years. So basically that's like 9 million Canadian a year, minus lawyer fee's and taxes, he's got something like 5 million a year in the bank plus incentives and many from companies like Nike who's products he uses and promotes...
    Last edited by Hakkola; 09-07-2002 at 02:10 AM.

My Ride
    1992 Jetta GTX 16v

He wont play half assed, this is a guy that has averaged more then 30 goals the last 4 seasons, He's not a person that is in hockey for the money.
    Last season there was an autograph sighing at the westin hotel, with a couple other flames. The flames PR rep's told him it was time to go ... he said "there's still people in line" they said "time to go now!" so He said "no"

He stayed there for 2 1/2 hours later by himself ... 'cause he wanted to have everyone walk away happy .... now that's an athlete
    Once you go 'Dub ... you don't go back

My Ride
    911 Turbo

Let me just say now that even with the addition of their only decent player, the Flames are already done. They should get ready for another disappointing season!

lammer Guest

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller
    Let me just say now that even with the addition of their only decent player, the Flames are already done. They should get ready for another disappointing season!
    yeah flames are done...but if they are they will knock edmonton our of the playoffs again HAHAH!

My Ride
    911 Turbo

Originally posted by lammer

yeah flames are done...but if they are they will knock edmonton our of the playoffs again HAHAH!
    Nope, the Oilers are gonna role over your pathetic pretty boys and give you yet another reason to be embarrassed to be from Calgary!

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller

Nope, the Oilers are gonna role over your pathetic pretty boys and give you yet another reason to be embarrassed to be from Calgary!
    Even though Turkeysilk resides in Calgary, he is going to have to agree with Tha_Shot_Caller. The Edmonton Oilers simply run a better ship than the Calgary Flames do. I don't know if thats been going on for a while, but it is painfully clear at this point in time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast