Quantcast
Five Guys Burgers and Fries- coming to Deerfoot Meadows - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Guys Burgers and Fries- coming to Deerfoot Meadows

My Ride
    Grimace

Went there last week but never posted my picture. I was very impressed and the volume of fries was up to expectations

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Will be in Calgary Thursday night, hopefully there open on Friday Xmas Eve so I can finally try them out
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    GSR

This place is so good, I recommend you get the little cheeseburger unless you're really hungry.

I went to this place a few days ago. I havnt been to too many burger joints so I really cant compare this with another establishment. I had a bacon cheeseburger and regular fries. The prices are reasonable, the burger was around $8 and the fries were around $4. That might seem expensive compared to other fast food places but you get what you pay for. I was pretty hungry when I went and the meal filled me up. The portions were generous, you get tones of fries and the burger with the toppings is a decent size.

Overall I was happy with their food, I cant say its the best ive ever tasted, but for a fast food joint is a breath of fresh air compared to the hoards of DQ's and Mcdonalds locations out there.

A few criticisms that I have of the place. I grabbed take out, but I went inside to make my order. The seating/interior decor leaves something to be desired. Its basically a bunch of crappy wooden tables with little space in between. Would have been nice to at least have a retro dinner feel. This to many will be a very minor gripe.

The other thing is, there really arnt that many items on the menu, they only have a couple of different burgers, no shakes etc. Like I said the food I had was pretty good, but I dont see what makes this place that special, ive had better before.

sigh.............like everything,,,,,,we get fucked on pricing,,went yesterday in Cali....2 regular cheese....small cheese....lrg fri.....2 drinks.........$21 and change......

Originally posted by mushi_mushi

The other thing is, there really arnt that many items on the menu, they only have a couple of different burgers, no shakes etc. Like I said the food I had was pretty good, but I dont see what makes this place that special, ive had better before.
    Just curious where you have had better fast food burgers? I liked 5 guys and would like to try other places out too.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos

Just curious where you have had better fast food burgers? I liked 5 guys and would like to try other places out too.
    I havnt been to many burger joints but when I went to Hawaii, I stopped at some burger joint (I dont recall the name) and I would would say that the burger I had there beats the one at 5 guys. Not exactly local.

I havnt tried any of the other burger joints in Calgary so I cant really compare it to fat burger or something similar. Ill probably go back to 5 guys. I liked it, I just dont think its the best. I think it stacks up very well, partly because there are so few places in Calgary where you can go and get a decent burger.

I havnt been to many burger joints but when I went to Hawaii, I stopped at some burger joint (I dont recall the name) and I would would say that the burger I had there beats the one at 5 guys. Not exactly local.
    There was a tiny "Cabana" type spot located behind the pool of the Breakers Hotel in Honolulu. You had to walk through the gate, past the open air front desk, around the pool to the back. Best burger I've ever had, truly unreal. Last I heard it wasn't there any more, real shame.

As for 5 guy's, listen it is what it is, great fries and a big ass messy hand formed burger with good quality toppings, nothing more nothing less. It's my favorite burger in town hands down, but that style of burger isn't for everyone.

Anybody taking bets on how long it takes Fatburger to go under? I'm betting they don't make it till May!
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride

I wanna try Bobbys Burger Palace. Too bad USA only.

http://www.bobbysburgerpalace.com/

Burger chain owned by chef/restauranteur Bobby Flay and looks like its gourmet burgers at fast food prices.

You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Look at the burger of the month.. Canadian Burger

http://www.bobbysburgerpalace.com/burgerofthemonth.php

Looks weird.

I havnt tried any of the other burger joints in Calgary so I cant really compare it to fat burger or something similar. Ill probably go back to 5 guys. I liked it, I just dont think its the best. I think it stacks up very well, partly because there are so few places in Calgary where you can go and get a decent burger.

There are 2 burger joints in Hawaii that are better than 5 guys, which I will comment was mediocre at best in my books when I tried them.

The 2 in Hawaii, Honolulu specifically are Cheese Burger in Paradise and Kua'aina Burger which is tops. I will see what I can do about posting a pick of on one of those bad boys!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by schocker
    Went there last week but never posted my picture. I was very impressed and the volume of fries was up to expectations
    Looks about right. I went there for the 2nd time a few days ago, and the fries were easily enough. I couldn't even get halfway through the "Little" single burger that time.

Holy fuck thats a lot of food.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:50 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Lulz at the food "connoisseurs" expecting gourmet burgers/atmosphere from a Southern US based fast-food chain.

It's a good hand made burger, good toppings (though lacking guacamole IMO), and awesome handcut and PLENTIFUL fries, that's leaps and bounds better than any fastfood in a 5km radius.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Lulz at the food "connoisseurs" expecting gourmet burgers/atmosphere from a Southern US based fast-food chain.

It's a good hand made burger, good toppings (though lacking guacamole IMO), and awesome handcut and PLENTIFUL fries, that's leaps and bounds better than any fastfood in a 5km radius.
    Agreed!
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by schocker

Laugh all you want! look at the picture! The food presentation is absolute SHIT! need I mention that they are charging premium price!? For what they charge, i think a bit of care as to the assembly of the burger is in order. That is one sloppy nasty looking burger IMO! Hell, a Harveys Burger goes beyond this 5 guys burger in the prep/presentation!

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

You know this isnt Tommy Burger or Lounge Burger, its still a fast food joint. I'll vouch for it since its sooooooooo good, presentation can come second.

Forsure I will take Tommy burger or Lounge burger as they are roughly the same price!

Point being, taken food quality, price, presentation, restaurant ambiance 5 guys burgers is way over rated. I dont think it has anything on a clasic place like Peters. It is just an over priced version of it.

You dont get what you pay for at 5 guys. Burger, fries and a drink should be at a much lower price point for what you get. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong.

My Ride

Was recently in Calgary for Christmas Eve and had to hit up this place. Heres the pics.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version

Hahahahaha!^ Mine did not look nearly as "aborted". I did keep it in the foil....

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast