Quantcast
Replacing hot water heater suggestions- on demand? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Replacing hot water heater suggestions- on demand?

My Ride
    firebird

Default Replacing hot water heater suggestions- on demand?

Well in the never ending money pit renovation, 3 trades now have told me the hot water heaters in my house are on the fritz. I have two of them in my small utility room and it would be nice to go with 1 to save room for a small deep freeze maybe. Some people have suggested the hot water heater on demand systems, but I hear they are expensive.

Any suggestions on best pricing / service for regular hot water heaters or the new systems?
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

I would recommend the Bosch Tankless system. They are awesome, my buddy has one and his came to about $1700 all said and done with the install. He's got a family of 4 and they haven't had an issue in the 2 years he's had it.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Jordan's AC guy also does tankless water heaters. I can't find the thread, but his name is Gavin, and I might be able to dig up his card if you needed. He did some quotes for me, and it didn't seem to outrageous. He uses Quietside, Rinnai and Bosch.

Edit, in order not to run afoul of the new "tougher" beyond, if you want the contact info, it'll have to be taken to email.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ( ep3 )

yes for the most part they are a good system to have , you can run the hot water tap all day and never run out but, it seems just about every brand out there has its own list of problems and finding someone to fix them might not be that easy. under the cover is a compact array of wires and sensors one after another and some brands only use there very own expensive venting kits and have restrictions to where they can be installed. Some brands just use abs pipe for venting or i believe 636 sched pipe.

My Ride
    firebird

Ok thanks for the input everyone. I will be shopping around at some point here. I think I am OK with spending $2k on the retrofit but nothing more.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

This Gavin guy is a good guy. He lives in Cranston I believe and would not hesitate to give him a call for an estimate or suggestions!