Quantcast
Self Defence Weapons/Tools - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Self Defence Weapons/Tools

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Originally posted by broken_legs

Northshore was 1 break in. Dallas was the first 2.

My mom lives on the north shore still. I'm here right now. This place is getting scary lol. The old guy story was on the north shore last summer. The story about the kid happened just off gleneagles in Sahali/Aberdeen. Also mom came home this summer and found someone burned a hole in the screen on one of the basement windows (obviously a cracker thing to do). But still its not cool.

The only difference between Calgary and Kamloops is the economy. If there wasn't so many poor ass people and drunks and druggies, there wouldnt be any crime.

If like in Calgary, everyone was a beyond millionaire, there would never be any break ins.
    Off topic but is that Pingoo in your signature?

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Originally posted by Toma

True... but In Canada, your weapon must be empty, trigger locked, and your ammo locked separately.
    By the time you unlock your gun, unlock your ammo, load it, and try and aim half tired....
    Ammo doesn't have to be locked unless it is for a restricted firearm such as a handgun, it just needs ot be stored in a location separate than the firearm. So you can have your shotgun (w/ triggerlock) in your closet and a box of shell in the ensuite.

But, your point being that it would take too long to load and have ready to use....I agree with. Lets just hope cops don't check my bedside table drawer for some random reason and find the 5 shells I keep readily available.

I keep the baseball bat tucked in the corner next to the bed, and my Winchester 7" bowie knife downstairs in a convenient and conspicuous spot as well.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Originally posted by freshprince1

Ammo doesn't have to be locked unless it is for a restricted firearm such as a handgun, it just needs ot be stored in a location separate than the firearm. So you can have your shotgun (w/ triggerlock) in your closet and a box of shell in the ensuite.
    You don't have to lock up restricted firearm ammo unless it's stored with the weapon, then it has to be locked. And if there's a "lock" on that closet, your shotgun doesn't need to have a trigger lock on it .

Originally posted by broken_legs
    Well I've never experienced a home invasion, however I have had my home burglarized 3 times in 15 years.

Once was by a guy who was a friend of the family - He is now in jail for violent assault. I'm sure if we caught him in the act he would have reacted in a civil manner.

The other two times we think it was crackers looking for easy money.

One day I was dropping off my GF at her parent house. Just as we pulled in a kid came running out of the drive with her brother in hot pursuit. I joined in the chase and we caught the kid. Not before he threw a few punches and kicks. Luckily brother had a little bat and we were able to do a citizens arrest. He had been trying to break into the house and didnt think anyone was home.

The guy across the street from my mom came home last year and found the house was broken into. There was someone digging around through shit in his basement. He locked the door to basement stairs and came over to grab me. We kept this loser locked downstairs until the cops showed up. I'm sure again if the old man confronted the cracker, he would have reacted in a civil manner and not been violent

These are all actual stories that I have been involved in.
    All of this happened in Kamloops, not calgary.
    how the fuck did you run with broken legs?
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

BOOOOOya!!!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I'd have much less problems with shooting a neo-nazi - I'm quite certain.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I'd have much less problems with shooting a neo-nazi - I'm quite certain.
    Gees....I dunno.... hippies versus skinheads....
    hmmmm

lol

Originally posted by Guillermo

so what, people get struck by lightning, too.

it's not that home invasions don't happen, it's just that the chances are so low that you can be pretty much guaranteed that it will never happen to you. also consider that many home invasions aren't random.

I just think it's silly that people are scared of "bad guys" breaking into their homes and killing everyone. seriously, stop watching prime time TV shows, and stop worrying. I've never once thought about "home protection."
    Wow I hate to say I told you so:

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/video....2-163816345200

BOOOOOya!!!

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by calgary403

This can't be??

3 armed men burst into home and attack 63 yr old woman, kill 57 yr old man, leave young daughter unharmed.

wait... they said they were vietnamese. Minorities are probably into crime and stuff so I guess that makes sense. Yup no need to have any protection in the home.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by calgary403

Jesus Calgary403.... nobody said it DOESN'T happen. You don't have to post every time you find something to do with violent break-ins you know. While this one happened, 200 others happened on the same day... and none of *those* people got shot.

Keep in mind that the media reports the stories that are most sensational. I do hope you aren't one of the mindless public who believes only what you hear and see on TV and online.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8