Quantcast
Self Defence Weapons/Tools - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Defence Weapons/Tools

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Did you just note the contradiction in your point? Precisely how would the Okotoks scenario have ended if instead of having driven a car into a crowd this guy had instead had a semi automatic on him?

You do realize that by trying to point out how I missed the obvious you just eactly made my point again right?

Cars and Guns dont kill people.

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

Banning guns isn't going to stop that idiot from hurting people outside the bar. He obviously found another way to do it. Thats the whole reason why banning guns is stupid.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Unless you are the only one living at home, you would be better off with something like birdshot. You don't want anything that could easily penetrate a wall and go into the room of an unsuspecting family member.

Do your shotgun shopping here:
    http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/12gaugeammo.html

Too bad you can't get this stuff in Canada...

Flechette FTW.

TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Flechettes are only illegal due to their body armor piercing capabilities, isn't that right?

But yes, all the fun stuff, including weapons that even RESEMBLE more dangerous weapons are illegal in Canada .

Some super cool stuff on that website though.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

ohhhhhhhhh man.

OP get some of these for your home defense!

12 Gauge Boundry Security System
    This particular device, when used outdoors, serves as an effective pest control and early warning signal against intruders on your property. This system is all aluminum construction that can be used over and over again. Designed to accommodate 12 gauge blanks. Kit contains all the necessary hardware to install where required (tree, fence, post, etc). Includes one 12 gauge blank cartridge.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Flechettes are only illegal due to their body armor piercing capabilities, isn't that right?

OH! And don't forget that buying body armour is tracked now! They are making it illegal for anyone to own BODY ARMOUR - a completely defensive passive thing.

What a freaking joke.

Can't own a gun.
    CAn't own gun protection.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Unless you are the only one living at home, you would be better off with something like birdshot. You don't want anything that could easily penetrate a wall and go into the room of an unsuspecting family member.
    I've heard that point before, but the idea is to completely stop the intruder. In doing so, you'd obviously need to make sure it would be a clean shoot, or you don't shoot right?

A possible benefit of using a heavier round would be that it reduces the chances of civil liability if they live.

As for the societal benefits of using lethal force on an intruder who is posturing on your safety: I believe the home invasions would be largely reduced, providing more security to citizens, in turn creating a better quality of life. Parents who pay less attention to their children would face the possibility of losing their kids in the future to their criminal activity, thereby creating more involved parents.

To add to that, I have a friend in the US who had a guy break into his house, when my friend racked the shot gun, the guy booked it. No shots were fired, but there was urine and poop on the floor (not sure if that's true, sounds far fetched) when the lights were turned on after.
    Last edited by CUG; 11-08-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

No. Flechettes are designed to kill people. There's no reasonable hunting/sporting use for a flechette so it makes perfect sense why they're illegal. I've seen xrays of people who took a flechette round and it looks really fucking shitty.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

^ is that pronounced like "Machete"? because that would be awesome.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Busa

Keeping a real gun in the house is not ideal for home invasion scenarios. All of the possible outcomes are very bad.

1- you start a firefight
    2- you kill the intruder and go to jail
    3- you alert the intruder to your presence before you make it to the gun safe and load your gun
    4- you drink too much, have a mental breakdown and murder-suicide your family

lose, lose, lose.

I like the alternative:

Keep an airsoft gun in your house. Buy a home alarm and use it (monitoring is irrelevant, the audible alarm is the important part). Place cameras at points of entry (great for catching vandals and car thieves as well). Call CPS at first sign of intrusion. Confront intruder with airsoft gun or hide with airsoft gun ready.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

^^ Flesh-Ett

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by UndrgroundRider
    Keeping a real gun in the house is not ideal for home invasion scenarios. All of the possible outcomes are very bad.

1- you start a firefight
    2- you kill the intruder and go to jail
    3- you alert the intruder to your presence before you make it to the gun safe and load your gun
    4- you drink too much, have a mental breakdown and murder-suicide your family

lose, lose, lose.

I like the alternative:

Keep an airsoft gun in your house. Buy a home alarm and use it (monitoring is irrelevant, the audible alarm is the important part). Place cameras at points of entry (great for catching vandals and car thieves as well). Call CPS at first sign of intrusion. Confront intruder with airsoft gun or hide with airsoft gun ready.

Did you think before you wrote this???

1.) ok????? What if he doesn't have a gun?
    2.) You kill the intruder and you and your family live to see another day
    3.) You alert them to your presence???? WTF does that ahve to do with guns? Qouldnt you alert them to your presence if you wer getting your stupid airsoft gun (WITH THE BRIGHT ORNAGE TIP) then get shit fucked anyways??
    4.) Clearly guns CAUSE you to commit murder suicides. no argument there

My Ride
    ST184

Well broken_legs, I already argued my pro gun thread this month so my quota is filled. I will give you a on the posts and dealing with all the retarded shit that's getting mercilessly flung at you though.
    Last edited by st184; 11-08-2010 at 02:50 AM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by st184
    Well broken_legs, I already argued my pro gun thread this month so my quota is filled. I will give you a on the posts and dealing with all the retarded shit that's getting mercilessly flung at you though.

I read your try a few weeks ago but i didnt have the energy to back you up. Next time I'll be there buddy It comes in spurts when im bored and agitated haha im looking at the last posts on Beyond right now and most of them are mine (sorry beyond )

Bill C368 is the one we gotta get past now.... F.

Dear Ms. Lethbridge,

I would be most enlightened if you would explain to me, in simple terms, as I am but a simple man, exactly how registering guns or cars enhances public safety. Oh, I know you /believe/ it does, but pray do tell how? Please be factual and provide evidence.

You see, I think you are somewhat confused, and at the very least are mixing up your terms. Registration refers to informing the State that you or something you own exists, usually (as in the case of automobiles) for tax collection purposes or less often so we may avail ourselves of a government service.

While there may be some justification for licensing lawful gun owners like drivers - to show that that they have been trained and security vetted, for example - no such reason exists for registering each and every legally held firearm in the country. Unlike driving cars on public roads paid for by fuel taxes and registration fees, there is no similar cost to the State when lawful gun owners use their guns. And unlike gun owners, car owners do not face criminal sanction when they drive unregistered vehicles on private property. Even the few benefits of gun owner licensing are questionable, given that all the same screening and training requirements existed under the prior certification, which came into full effect in 1979. The main and crucial differences are that under a certification program no one was going to haul you off to jail or confiscate your personal property if your papers were not in order, and in addition unlike the current system, the FAC program had the enthusiastic support and consent of those it governed.

It is largely moot anyway because those responsible for most of the gun violence in Canada are career criminals who don’t try to license or register and couldn’t even if they did. Most have Court orders prohibiting them from owning firearms, but that never stops them from causing harm with guns or any other thing that comes to hand. That is because our current Firearms Act spends all its time regulating the millions of law-abiding sport shooters, and does absolutely nothing to track the relatively few violent criminal abusers of guns. Guess where we would get most bang for our gun control buck?

Unfortunately, and despite our opponents claims to the contrary, the one thing a gun registry does do very well is to allow for the widespread confiscation of firearms, again only from the lawful. This has happened repeatedly globally and historically, and has already taken place in Canada with the prohibition of .32 and .25 caliber and small barreled hand guns, namely those in use in Olympic competition and most suitable for women.

So getting back to your car analogy, how would you like it if your vehicle registration was used to prohibit, model by model, most of the cars you have ever wanted to drive? How would you like it if the drunk drivers still had no trouble getting behind the wheel of say a Mini Cooper, but lawful driver like you was denied one because the drunk had caused a crash. You would be even more outraged if the already prohibited repeat drunk driver got less punishment for his crime than you would for letting your vehicle registration lapse.

As to your claim that guns are solely designed for killing, there must be something terribly amiss with all of mine because after 47 years and many hundreds of thousands of shots fired no one has ever died by one of them! You see, they are designed to allow for friendly competition and enhance camaraderie, provide food for my table, and yes even to defend me and those under my guardianship against the immediate threat of deadly assault if need be, as we wait for the police to arrive. In this way they are life affirming devices.

Certainly they do share features with specifically designed military hardware, but then so do your car, kitchen knives, the plane you fly to vacation on and any of the numerous other tools and sporting gear you use every day. All can be abused by the ignorant, misguided, or malicious to cause harm, but that in no way justifies the far reaching intrusions into your personal and private affairs that the current Firearms Act does nor the arbitrary prohibition and confiscation of your legally acquired and harmlessly held personal property.

Now I will leave you with one last thought, again based on your automobile analogy: When you are driving home tonight after work, consider the trust you place in the other drives you share the road with. As the car approaching you at 100 km/h closes the gap, how sure are you that the driver isn’t despondent and suicidal, homicidal, tired, drunk, or distracted by her kids, the radio, or her Big Mac and fries?

You trust them implicitly to do the right thing and pass you safely by, this despite the fact that fully 3000 people die in vehicular accidents annually compared with combined murder and accidental gun deaths of only 200. You trust them with your children’s lives as they hurtle by in their 2000 kg steel juggernauts! I submit to you that if you trust your fellow Canadians to use their cars safely, you should be even more trusting of us who use firearms to do so safely.

M.J. Ackermann, MD (Mike)
    Rural Family Physician

My Ride
    Busa

Originally posted by broken_legs

Did you think before you wrote this???

1.) ok????? What if he doesn't have a gun?
    2.) You kill the intruder and you and your family live to see another day
    3.) You alert them to your presence???? WTF does that ahve to do with guns? Qouldnt you alert them to your presence if you wer getting your stupid airsoft gun (WITH THE BRIGHT ORNAGE TIP) then get shit fucked anyways??
    4.) Clearly guns CAUSE you to commit murder suicides. no argument there
    Are you drunk? Or just intentionally trolling?

1) If he doesn't have a gun see 2
    2) Go directly to jail for manslaughter
    3) I don't know about you, but I have kids at home. My guns will be stored in a locked gun safe. No need to keep an airsoft gun in a safe Oh, and the orange tip thing is a US law, not a Canadian one dummy.
    4) I wasn't being literal, I was alluding to the fact that simply having guns around increases the chances of gun related deaths.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

3) I don't know about you, but I have kids at home. My guns will be stored in a locked gun safe. No need to keep an airsoft gun in a safe Oh, and the orange tip thing is a US law, not a Canadian one dummy.
    4) I wasn't being literal, I was alluding to the fact that simply having guns around increases the chances of gun related deaths.
    1) If he doesn't have a gun, he gets the fuck out. See 2).
    2) Just because you have a gun in your hands doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger.
    3) What happens when you pull your airsoft gun and he pulls a real one?
    4) Having steak knives increases the chances of stabbing deaths. Having Drano increases the chances of poisoning deaths. Having a bathtub increases the risk of drowning deaths. Having hands increases the chances of strangulation deaths.

Here's the problem with pulling out an airsoft gun, or any weapon for that matter - you better be ready to use it.

If you're in a fist fight and you or the guy you're fighting pulls out a knife, the degree of severity just got escalated.

Likewise, if you're at home and said thief hears you upstairs and hides somewhere and sees you come down the stairs with a gun, he will either try and get out or use whatever means he has to make sure he will live another day, that being beating the shit out of you with anything you have in your house as an improvised weapon, or if he does have a weapon (knife or gun) , he'll certainly use it against you. Are you prepared to engage into a potential firefight with BB's vs bullets?

I'm not pro guns, however I'm not against them either.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Here's the problem with pulling out an airsoft gun, or any weapon for that matter - you better be ready to use it.

Exactly. When it comes down to it, the old adage ..."I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6" is so true. If I feel like my life is endangered, I'd rather defend myself and deal with the consequences later. This is Canada after all; worse case I get a firearms ban and 2 years for manslaughter.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

lol ya i want to be stuck with a plastic toy and my dick in my hands rather then protect my family with the real thing. makes perfect sence to me... Having airsoft weapons that look like real firearms is probably more dangerous to your kids than having a shotgun in a gun safe locked up and out of sight. how many storys do you hear about kids with fake guns getting shot by police officers. the way i see it you are a dangerous irresponsible parent for having fake guns that look real in your house that are not locked up.

Seems to me that most antis are obviously too irresponsible to own firearms. Toma made a great example of this, he had a 9mm stolen that was most likely not stored properly, then goes on some bandwaggon blamming firearms and not his own Irresponsibility. Firearms are a tool just like hammers, chef knifes, nail guns. It is the moron behind the tool that makes it a dangerous weapon and most antis i have seen are obvious morons. $.02
    Member since 2003.

Originally posted by broken_legs

OH! And don't forget that buying body armour is tracked now! They are making it illegal for anyone to own BODY ARMOUR - a completely defensive passive thing.

What a freaking joke.

Can't own a gun.
    CAn't own gun protection.
    Do you have any links to the body armour thing? I couldn't find any info on it. Thanks
    BOOOOOya!!!

Originally posted by Benny

No. Flechettes are designed to kill people. There's no reasonable hunting/sporting use for a flechette so it makes perfect sense why they're illegal. I've seen xrays of people who took a flechette round and it looks really fucking shitty.
    I get that they really serve no purpose other than to cause maximum damage to a person but in the Canadian firearms safety course, the reason they cite is that it's armor piercing.

Originally posted by 3g4u

Toma made a great example of this, he had a 9mm stolen that was most likely not stored properly, then goes on some bandwaggon blamming firearms and not his own Irresponsibility. Firearms are a tool just like hammers, chef knifes, nail guns. It is the moron behind the tool that makes it a dangerous weapon and most antis i have seen are obvious morons. $.02
    Come on, hes very responsible!

In the order he posted in this thread:

Originally posted by Toma

Word. I don't even lock my door when I am home.

If you family and you are ok, the rest should have been insured.

If it wasn't, then your fault (responsibility) for being careless.

Had a 9mm go missing once, made me rethink... a gun I bought legally, was now in the hands of a criminal, and I made it easy for him.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast