Quantcast
Just got rear-ended. Driver hit me & ran off - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got rear-ended. Driver hit me & ran off

My Ride
    07’ Mazda 3 Sport

Default Just got rear-ended. Driver hit me & ran off

Hey guys I don't post here much, but I thought I'd share my story of my first ever accident involving another car to you guys especially because my story does involve a previous Beyond thread.

So tonight as I'm coming home from downtown, I'm sitting on the turning lane of Macleod Trail turning into Glenmore East. There were 2 cars ahead of me and I must have been there for no more than 1 minute when suddenly I hear this loud crash sound from behind me and as I hear this, simultaneously i'm thrusted from my chair and towards the steering wheel. Everything on dashboard and below was flung onto the ground. I took a moment to gather myself, I looked in the rear view and sure enough, a car had just rear-ended me. I took a pretty big hit, as my neck was definitly in pain from the whiplash.

I took a moment to curse, got out of my car and was hoping to be able to ask that person what the hell were they doing. But that wasn't the case. Right when I got out, the person put their car in reverse and then proceeded to turn right, then booked it going southbound on Macleod. I just caught the side of the driver's face while the car was leaving and saw that it was a girl with longer dark brown or black hair in a Jeep Cherokee and while the person was leaving, at that split second, Beyond Forum came came to my mind, the hit & run thread where the car was caught on camera by a beyond member while it was taking off.

But however in my situation, I didn't actually use a camera since all I had was my Ipod Touch camera which has terribe resolution anyway. But I did remember to check the license plate which I can thank Beyond Forums for ingraining that into my mind so that it's second nature to me. I was able to catch the quickest glance at the plate and read it out loud xxx-xxx (not sure if i'm allowed to write it).

It was a good thing that it was an easier plate to remember as I literally had half a second to glance at it. So, I wrote it down in my Ipod and was going to deal with it in the morning, but luckily enough, a police cruiser was in the middle of the road tending to another vehicle right by the exit before Glenmore trail (beside Spence Diamonds).

So anyways long story short, I got out of my car and let the officers know that I had just been in a hit and run, gave them the plate number of the driver and they took it from there. Another cruiser was called in to take care of my situation. They worked fast, as apparently, another cruiser was sent to the house of the driver who was most likely drunk coming home from the bar.

I filled out the police report and within an hour I was home on facebook, searching out the name of the driver who had hit me and if I'm correct, the young girl who hit me is into "partying, staying up late and getting wasted." So there's a good chance this could be her, as the picture also matched the discription.

So, it looks like this girl might receive some big punishment her way with the hit & run and driving under the influece being the big ones, and she deserves it as my car might be a write-off now and I've been driving the car that I own for about 8 years now and I love my car as it's the one I learned to drive in. But now it's got some pretty nasty damage to the bumper and the trunk isn't aligned.

Anyways i'm tired now and I'm gonna head off to bed, I'd like to thank CPS for the quick and professional work from their crew, I'd like to thank Beyond Forums for letting me vent and hopefully this will give the girl the opportunity to grow up and change her life as it sounds like she may need it and also thanks for reading this long post, I know it isn't much of a story for something so long, but thanks to those for reading it. I think it's at least a postive to get a potential serial drunken driver off the road.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

One helluva story. Nice work catching the plate!!

My Ride
    White 2006 Mazda RX-8

Dude i think I saw you.
    I was going northbound macleod and turned right to glenmore east and saw 3 police cruisers.
    1 was southbound right at the glenmore west turn
    the 2nd was on the left side of the ramp going down merging to glenmore and the 3rd was on the right turn going to spence diamonds.

So many cops there, one of them must have been you!

Around 2:30am?

My Ride
    Hatred

POST THE PLATE!
    -U

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Shes gonna get fucked by the long dick of the law tonight..

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Originally posted by Shlade
    Shes gonna get fucked by the long dick of the law tonight..

Shitty news OP, hope your neck isn't that messed up and you recover.

She'll get charged with hit and run, but sadly not driving under the influence (which she likely was) since she wasn't caught at the scene. If a person leaves the scene and the cops can't catch them almost IMMEDIATLY, they could/will argue "I came home and got drunk due to the stress of the accident!" Police generally don't even pursue these DUI charges due to this ludicrous loop hole.

Grats on getting the plate, and yes, you can post it here in the future
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Just got rear-ended. Driver hit me & ran off

Originally posted by miik0
    I filled out the police report and within an hour I was home on facebook, searching out the name of the driver who had hit me and if I'm correct, the young girl who hit me is into "partying, staying up late and getting wasted." So there's a good chance this could be her, as the picture also matched the discription.
    So... was she hot? haha
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

The fact that incidents on Beyond made you think about jotting the license plate down is great. That one little detail made all the difference in this situation for you. Congrats.

I'm surprised the police gave you the name of the person who hit you - but I think it is super cool you found her on Facebook. Her status could not have been more golden.

Hope you're ok. Usually, whiplash hurts even more the next couple of days.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I think a facebook link is in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I think a facebook link is in order.
    100% agree. I would like to avoid her at all costs on the road.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Facebook link......or it didn't happen

I'd screenshot her status update
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Good job on nabbing the plate.

Glad you found out who did it and they are being held responsable.

It's awesome the police were available immediately. This is a good sign, as there's a chance they may have either a) pulled her over on her way home, or b) were actually at her house before she got there, in which case they could find out if she was driving drunk! haha

Hope the neck is doing ok bro!
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Pics or GTFO....lol...jk...what have I become?

Good job on getting the licence plate number... Especially in the condition I assume you would have been.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by soccernut
    Pics or GTFO....lol...jk...what have I become?

Good job on getting the licence plate number... Especially in the condition I assume you would have been.
    You've become a beyonder? lol

and +1 GJ on getting the plate, always always #1 priority for me for any accident/incident, second after that is make and model, third if i have the chance the VIN for ultimate CSI

My Ride
    rally pig

even FB profile pic will do

Awesome job! Hope she gets what she deserves.

Hope the neck heals quickly, I know what it feels like and it sucks.

My Ride
    This and that.

Well done catching the stupid chick. You're probably still sleeping but get working on that facebook link, the first thing when you wake up.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you want your neck to heal properly, spend some time with a physio. It'll get rid of future random neck pains because the muscles don't heal properly.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast