20 16.13%
  • Never occured to me

26 20.97%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rememberance Day: The Poppy

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I wear mine all Remembrance week.
    Last edited by kvg; 11-11-2010 at 01:03 PM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

They fought for our freedom to have our military ordered into war to rape and pillage Afghanistan for almost 10 years while the citizens living in Canada are free to be taxed at 50% and created 50 more generations of damaged veterans?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I wear mine all the time at work, but usually in my street clothes have it on another jacket, or something so I hate to say it but 9/10 times I don't have it on.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

@ Modelexis , really? You may disagree with the current situation in Aghanistan but you feel that because of that, we should forget about everything past veterans have done so that your ignorant ass could write that post? I guess your family was probably a bunch of pussies and never contributed to the world wars.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

@cycosis - You may think a bunch of highschool kids with guns is heroic, but I'm going to respectfully disagree.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

More than ever Modelexis, you have me hanging my head low, and shaking it back and forth.

Those highschool kids helped you have the lifestyle and freedom you obviously take for granted, and are the reason you speak and write (albiet poorly) English instead of German.

Is it any wonder the poppy is losing its significance - too many younger people these days have no clue the sacrifices that were made for their well being.

I've gotten 3 this november

I've lost 3 so far

I really wish they had a better fastener

My Ride
    has lace's

Originally posted by cycosis
    I guess your family was probably a bunch of pussies and never contributed to the world wars.
    That is an absurd thing to say.

I do wear my poppy and I do support it.
    We are privileged to live where we do, and to have the opportunities and freedoms we have.
    I wear it in support of remembrance for what was done for us.

But I do not support the mind set of war, or what is happening in our modern age.

I support our troops. Not the war.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

^ No i think my grandfather working mine sweepers in the atlantic watching his buddies' ships get blown to hell and they cant stop to save them heroic.

I fully encourage you to walk up to any veteran today and say "screw you, you were just some dumb teenager with a gun, im not thankful". Prick
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Originally posted by Modelexis
    They fought for our freedom to have our military ordered into war to rape and pillage Afghanistan for almost 10 years while the citizens living in Canada are free to be taxed at 50% and created 50 more generations of damaged veterans?
    Tell that to my buddy who's sole responsibility was protecting a school with boys and girls trying to learn from the Taliban.

Every one of your posts, makes everyone who reads it, dumber. You kill others brain cells with your own stupidity.

Bunch of high school kids with guns give me a fucking break.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

To me the poppy gives war a false aire of benevolence or virtue.
    Also the poppy symbol is ironic to me insofar as it's illegal to grow poppies and my tax dollars go to cracking down on poppy fields.
    You, and people like you, are the least important people on a day like today. Regardless, you're fully entitled to state your opinions; it was a right fought for by people like my grandfather.

Modelexis, I was starting to like you again, but like a cheating girlfriend, you've disappointed me.
    Last edited by CUG; 11-11-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-22-2019 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by cycosis
    ^ No i think my grandfather working mine sweepers in the atlantic watching his buddies' ships get blown to hell and they cant stop to save them heroic.

I fully encourage you to walk up to any veteran today and say "screw you, you were just some dumb teenager with a gun, im not thankful". Prick
    19 Feb 2010 ... The last Canadian veteran of World War I has died at the age of 109

By my calculations, he would have been ~17 yrs old at the END of WWI.

a 17 yr old who has a gun put in his hand and is told we are the good guys and to kill those bad guys over there has nothing to do with heroism, it has to do with propaganda and peer pressure and threat and ignorance and irresponsibility.
    Anything that appears to be heroic is merely following orders and doing what you're told without question, nothing heroic about it IMO.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

The funny thing is that he will never say that to anyone's face, least he be responsible for what he says. Glad to see that you are appreciative of the sacrifice of thousands of people braver than you.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by FraserB
    The funny thing is that he will never say that to anyone's face, least he be responsible for what he says. Glad to see that you are appreciative of the sacrifice of thousands of people braver than you.
    He didn't learn any respect growing up. He's one of those kids. Just look at him funny and ignore him like the rest of society should.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

19 Feb 2010 ... The last Canadian veteran of World War I has died at the age of 109

a 17 yr old who has a gun put in his hand and is told we are the good guys and to kill those bad guys over there has nothing to do with heroism, it has to do with propaganda and peer pressure and threat and ignorance and irresponsibility.
    Anything that appears to be heroic is merely following orders and doing what you're told without question, nothing heroic about it IMO.
    Please stop posting.

I know you think you're being all hip and edgy, but you are coming across as a complete and utter idiot.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 11-11-2010 at 01:57 PM.

I agree with some of what you're saying, but you're really ignoring a whole other side. Nobody is questioning the validity and correctness of the war, or arguing about. People are showing respect for that KID who died to make Canada what it is today, they're not showing respect for whatever governing body deemed it suitable to send him to war. It's all in the past now, and we can't change a thing about it, but what would you do in that position? Not go to war... okay... and then what? Nobody needs to explain to you that Germany or whoever else was against Canada would've demolished us if certain countries backed out of the war, because it wasn't "right". Honestly, I'm an immigrant and I couldn't care less about the government or people of Canada, but I still have respect for anyone who went to war, and sinse I'm Canadian and enjoying life here, my respect goes towards the Canadian vets. They did what they had to do, they had no other choice. Frankly, I'd be pretty fuckin pissed right now if I had family members who are vets.

With that said, I do understand where you're coming from Modelexis. It isn't heroic or angelic to ignorantly send a nation into war. When people celebrate it, it somehow reinforces the idea that it was right and we made the right decision.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

My grandfather was a Nazi gardner and all around go-to guy btw.
    Also not heroic.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 11-11-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-22-2019 at 10:35 AM.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    You should be out burning poppies with these guys

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490
    Wow... these pieces of shit live in England and have the freedom to do this because of what soldiers in the past have sacrificed..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast