Quantcast
Why was this chap so rude on the road? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why was this chap so rude on the road?

Default Why was this chap so rude on the road?

Tonight, I was driving on crowchild heading west to go to A&Ws really quick (nearest one) after dropping a friend off. I was in the far left lane of crowchild and proceeded to change lanes by signaling, waiting for at least 3 blinks then proceeding to change lanes. I'm in the far right lane now and this caucasian individual with a girl friend starts turning on the high beams at me and switching them to lows. I thought oh, maybe he was indicating that my rear taillights weren't working. So I wave at him to thank him and what does he do? He fingers me and keeps on fingering me holding his hand up behind me flicking the headlights and tailgating me.
    I do a brake check on him and he keeps on tailgating me. I proceed to slow down a bit (70km/h in an 80km/h zone) and he overtakes me so I can get a good look at him. He passes me with his white vehicle and I change lanes to go after him and turn on my high beams to piss him off a bit and I honked over 20 times at his face. He slams on his brakes and I nearly hit him. The 3 Amigos warning light comes on my vehicle (Land Rover - Daily Driver) which probably means I messed up the vehicle by slamming too hard on the brakes. I don't know for sure.

I think I'm rambling on so to get my point across, what's with teenagers driving POS getting all pissed off at me for no reason. I don't think I cut him off, I shoulder checked and I couldn't see any vehicles. I was driving the speed limit.... so not breaking the law makes me a douche?

If you're thinking that I may have done something bad in my past, nope. I never associated myself with rude teenagers that need to learn how to drive properly on the road.

Hey, if you're on these forums, let me say something to you.
    First, if I cut you off, I'm sorry. It was really dark and I couldn't see your vehicle.
    Second, I could have crashed into your vehicle which is okay for me because that means I can finally upgrade to a Range Rover as my DD. However, I wanted to grab some spicy mama burgers (wow they're so enticing) and head home and watch The Office and work on my business plan. I didn't want to hassle over insurance, getting the cops to investigate, etc.
    Third, I'm pretty sure at some point. Selective teenagers act hard core so that they can get laid??? or..are they going through puberty/period?

I have you license plate # btw. Not sure if I should file a police report or not. I'm not angry at all. Your actions put a lot of people in danger including you.

Sorry if I don't make sense because I'm typing this on my iPhone while watch the Office lol

its alright man, i was just having some electrical problems, and floormat got stuck under brake pedal, please don't file police report

Weren't you the OP in the no knee caps thread? I never knew Beyond was a post street encounter therapist

Not every person in Calgary is on Beyond, or wants to hear your daily driving adventures, how many times are you going orchestrate random apologies on a car forum for something nobody cares about?
    Last edited by Scuderia; 11-13-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Originally posted by Scuderia
    Weren't you the OP in the no knee caps thread? I never knew Beyond was a post street encounter therapist
    What are you talking about? Can I see the link to the no knee caps thread?
    Give me a break, it's my first bad experience driving in Calgary. I only post when I have something to contribute to Beyond.

He passes me with his white vehicle and I change lanes to go after him and turn on my high beams to piss him off a bit and I honked over 20 times at his face. He slams on his brakes and I nearly hit him.
    I could have crashed into your vehicle which is okay for me because that means I can finally upgrade to a Range Rover as my DD
    You would be charged for the rear end collision.

Originally posted by slinkie
    its alright man, i was just having some electrical problems, and floormat got stuck under brake pedal, please don't file police report
    Then why'd you finger me holding your hand up high for a full minute? lol. I know it wasn't you.

My Ride
    This and that.

Just cause he was doing stupid shot behind you doesn't mean that you should have done the same. You call him a stupid teenager but I gotta say what you did wasn't really very 'adult' like either.

That being said it's better to clear away from retards not try to get involved in the whole situation.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Just cause he was doing stupid shot behind you doesn't mean that you should have done the same. You call him a stupid teenager but I gotta say what you did wasn't really very 'adult' like either.

That being said it's better to clear away from retards not try to get involved in the whole situation.
    I just switched lanes and honked at him and then switched back.

Originally posted by Seth1968

You would be charged for the rear end collision.
    I guess so . Didn't really think when I was posting this. Just posted what I could remember as soon as I got home.
    Good thing that I'm a defensive driver and I kept my distance from him. If I was indeed tailgating him, there would have been an accident.

Originally posted by PulsePro

What are you talking about? Can I see the link to the no knee caps thread?
    Give me a break, it's my first bad experience driving in Calgary. I only post when I have something to contribute to Beyond.
    My bad, that was legiit, for some reason you popped into my head because of the Land Rover. Either way, not your first amazing street encounter thread.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/314074/to...-kramer-mazda/

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Why was this chap so rude on the road?

Tonight, I was driving on crowchild........He slams on his brakes and I nearly hit him. The 3 Amigos warning light comes on my vehicle (Land Rover - Daily Driver) which probably means I messed up the vehicle by slamming too hard on the brakes. I don't know for sure.
    Thread derail....

Had to google this ... "3 Amigos" thing.

I know LR has rubbish electronics, but this one is pretty good. Hit the brakes too hard (possibly activating the ABS in one circuit) and the system craps out?

Originally posted by Scuderia

My bad, that was legiit, for some reason you popped into my head because of the Land Rover. Either way, not your first amazing street encounter thread.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/314074/to...-kramer-mazda/
    I was bored lol. Was a Beyond noob back then and didn't know how to contribute. I've matured now

Default Re: Re: Why was this chap so rude on the road?

Originally posted by revelations

Thread derail....

Had to google this ... "3 Amigos" thing.

I know LR has rubbish electronics, but this one is pretty good. Hit the brakes too hard (possibly activating the ABS in one circuit) and the system craps out?
    My brakes squealed and looking up on it, squealing brakes cause the 3 Amigos to pop up. It's been popping up every time I start my vehicle so far. I'll go to my mechanic and have it checked out.

EDIT: Also, IIRC, when the 3 Amigos are activated, I think I lose ABS, Hill Descent Control, and Traction Control until the warning light shuts off.

EDIT2:Wanted to consolidate my posts so here

Originally posted by SJW
    The right thing to do is to let it go. Karma gets all these people.
    I did let it go. I wasn't really angry at the fact that he was acting like a douche but that he was endangering other people on the road.
    Last edited by PulsePro; 11-13-2010 at 08:45 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

The right thing to do is to let it go. Karma gets all these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Maybe he thought your waive was the finger and he got pissed.

And was there heavy traffic? if not then don't try to squeeze in front of people when you have so much room in front or behind them. Or worst don't cut in front of someone then proceed to go slower than what they were doing before.

Still shit happens, you just deal with it. At least nothing too bad happened.

Originally posted by black13
    Maybe he thought your waive was the finger and he got pissed.

And was there heavy traffic? if not then don't try to squeeze in front of people when you have so much room in front or behind them. Or worst don't cut in front of someone then proceed to go slower than what they were doing before.

Still shit happens, you just deal with it. At least nothing too bad happened.
    There was a fair bit of traffic. It was either I get in or miss the exit. I drive respectfully and defensively. I've NEVER cut in front of someone. I usually signal until someone lets me in or I get behind the car that wouldn't let me in.

Possibly. But I have rather big hands and I don't think it looks remotely like the finger but who knows how he might have interpret it as. It was pretty dark out

Mods can close the thread. I don't think I'll bother wasting any more time thinking of this incident and just shrug it off.

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

haha you like the word chap now !

Possibly. But I have rather big hands and I don't think it looks remotely like the finger but who knows how he might have interpret it as. It was pretty dark out

are your hands bigger then his car ? cause you said you could not see his car cause it was dark so why would he be able to see your hand ?

id just say let it go , you let off some steam on here now its over call it a day... or night

My Ride
    M3

Perhaps he was a Calgarian?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/320919/ac...iq-criminals-/

The actions you took against him also sound "Calgarian".

-edit- posted wrong thread.
    Last edited by DayGlow; 11-14-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast