Quantcast
Quantitative Easing Explained - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Quantitative Easing Explained

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Default Quantitative Easing Explained

TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Spot on!

LOL amazing. I wish everybody would watch this to truly understand what's going on. Sadly, people will just get a brain cramp when they can't sound out quantitative and skip over the thread.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

What I find interesting is that Canada did the exact same thing with the bank bailout in 2008.

We borrowed money from the charter banks (TD, RBC, CIBC etc...) then we took that money and used it to buy shitty assets off the exact same banks because their balance sheets did not look good and they couldnt lend. (What????) ya....

So we borrowed money from the banks and used that money to buy stuff off the banks.

Also- Mark Carney - Head of the BoC. Ex Goldman Sachs.
    Hmmmm.....

An interesting point about CAnada:

We are one of the very few countries in the world that has a central bank that is actually OWNED by the people, not by other private banks (like the fed).

We have the power to lend ourselves money, and pay ourselves back with interest, as opposed to borrowing money from the charter banks (TD, CIBC, RBC etc..)

But unfortunately when we joined the G7 in 73' (?) we signed an agreement saying that we would borrow money from private banks as opposed to our own.

Basically the G7, G8, G20 is just a way that banks control things. Thats why people protest against it if anyone was wondering.

Another interesting note - The national debt in Canada was around 18 billion dollars until we joined the G7. After that happened the debt balooned to over 500B where we are today. The interest payments on the debt are now higher than the original principal borrowed.

People need to wake the F up and understand this shit before we end up as a banana republic.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Originally posted by broken_legs
    What I find interesting is that Canada did the exact same thing with the bank bailout in 2008.

We borrowed money from the charter banks (TD, RBC, CIBC etc...) then we took that money and used it to buy shitty assets off the exact same banks because their balance sheets did not look good and they couldnt lend. (What????) ya....

So we borrowed money from the banks and used that money to buy stuff off the banks.

Also- Mark Carney - Head of the BoC. Ex Goldman Sachs.
    Hmmmm.....

An interesting point about CAnada:

We are one of the very few countries in the world that has a central bank that is actually OWNED by the people, not by other private banks (like the fed).

We have the power to lend ourselves money, and pay ourselves back with interest, as opposed to borrowing money from the charter banks (TD, CIBC, RBC etc..)

But unfortunately when we joined the G7 in 73' (?) we signed an agreement saying that we would borrow money from private banks as opposed to our own.

Basically the G7, G8, G20 is just a way that banks control things. Thats why people protest against it if anyone was wondering.

Another interesting note - The national debt in Canada was around 18 billion dollars until we joined the G7. After that happened the debt balooned to over 500B where we are today. The interest payments on the debt are now higher than the original principal borrowed.

People need to wake the F up and understand this shit before we end up as a banana republic.
    If one was to actually compare our economy and financial situation before us joining the G7, to now, it's actually baffling. With that being said, we are still (IMO) better off than the states. If you closely examine how the fed is trying to buy itself out of the fuckup they're in, you'll notice it's actually a never ending cycle that will technically take over 400 years to get them back on solid ground. Add to that all the ironic people in charge of playing god with the economy, like Carney who was at Sachs, and it's pretty hard not to laugh at their situation. Money makes the world go round.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

^^^ agreed. Money makes the world go round.

Probably about 5 years ago I started looking at everything - Politics, world events, business, etc. with a lens of money.

Suddenly all the hypocritical politicians and bank statements make sense. I believe that they are just lying and are doing this pon purpose to steal from everyone.

Maybe it's not that far along, but man it just doesn't make sense what they are doing otherwise. IF you think they are stealing, what they are doing makes perfect sense. If you actually believe they are trying to help the economy by following failed policies, with ironic people in control of everything, and that it's all just a convenient coincidence? Well i dunno.

Either way, ppl need to pay attention and take back control of our country and money.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

If you've got 2 hours or so...

If you've got 2 hours or so...

Is that worth watching? What exactly is it about?

Originally posted by Scuderia

Is that worth watching? What exactly is it about?
    I didn’t like it at all. Freedom to Fascism or The Creature from Jekyll Island are way better IMO. Secret of Oz has some good history in it but I don’t agree with a lot of the presenters opinions. Not to mention his entire basis of the Wizard of Oz as an allegory of the monetary system is completely ridiculous. But that’s just IMO.

PS. Let me clarify that IMO it’s not worth watching if it’s going to be the only thing you watch. But I recommend people really watch / read everything they can and form their own opinions regardless.

If it's like Freedom to Fascism then it's worth watching. Either way, I'll watch it tonight. Thanks for the link broken_legs.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by BigMass

I didn’t like it at all. Freedom to Fascism or The Creature from Jekyll Island are way better IMO. Secret of Oz has some good history in it but I don’t agree with a lot of the presenters opinions. Not to mention his entire basis of the Wizard of Oz as an allegory of the monetary system is completely ridiculous. But that’s just IMO.

PS. Let me clarify that IMO it’s not worth watching if it’s going to be the only thing you watch. But I recommend people really watch / read everything they can and form their own opinions regardless.
    ^^ Goldbug lol

I'm about half way through. I really enjoyed the first bit where he explains the history of banking from Roman Empire through the British Empire and what happened with the founding of the US banking system. Especially how he links the dates that government made decisions with money and how weeks or months later there were assasinations and wars.

Most of it has been covered in many other videos, but I like how he gives a different angle on how gold as money actually causes depressions. First time I have heard this point of view so I will do some more research.

^^ Goldbug lol

I'm about half way through. I really enjoyed the first bit where he explains the history of banking from Roman Empire through the British Empire and what happened with the founding of the US banking system. Especially how he links the dates that government made decisions with money and how weeks or months later there were assasinations and wars.

Most of it has been covered in many other videos, but I like how he gives a different angle on how gold as money actually causes depressions. First time I have heard this point of view so I will do some more research.
    Haha gold bug :p He ascribes to a lot of government solutions by assuming that the government is honest, noble and can protect us from evil money masters. Kind of crazy since the elite control the government and giving more power to the government will only fuel power to the controlling elite through proxy. He thinks taking the power to print money away from an “independent” organization like the Fed and giving it to the government will solve our problems. He also doesn’t agree with any type of gold standard or resource based standard because the elites will manipulate it, even though he doesn’t seem to think manipulating a printing press is a lot easier than manipulating gold. People can at least protect their wealth with gold. Holding paper is nothing but faith and is what has ruined many countries and their people in the past. I bet the Argentinean people wished their owned gold over paper when their currency crashed. It’s ridiculous that he actually mentions that owning gold is like “faith and religion” when gold actually has real value. Its paper that requires “faith and religion”. It’s all backwards and I thought It was all rather ridiculous along with his allegory of the Wizard of Oz.. but I already mentioned that :P

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 12:07 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Haha gold bug :p He ascribes to a lot of government solutions by assuming that the government is honest, noble and can protect us from evil money masters. Kind of crazy since the elite control the government and giving more power to the government will only fuel power to the controlling elite through proxy. He thinks taking the power to print money away from an “independent” organization like the Fed and giving it to the government will solve our problems. He also doesn’t agree with any type of gold standard or resource based standard because the elites will manipulate it, even though he doesn’t seem to think manipulating a printing press is a lot easier than manipulating gold. People can at least protect their wealth with gold. Holding paper is nothing but faith and is what has ruined many countries and their people in the past. I bet the Argentinean people wished their owned gold over paper when their currency crashed. It’s ridiculous that he actually mentions that owning gold is like “faith and religion” when gold actually has real value. Its paper that requires “faith and religion”. It’s all backwards and I thought It was all rather ridiculous along with his allegory of the Wizard of Oz.. but I already mentioned that :P

I believe that gold and silver will always hold value in any monetary system. But what I found interesting was that when they switched to gold standards, money became scarce causing a retraction in the money supply.

I believe that the money supply needs to expand with the economy. Controlling that without corruption is the trick - We did pretty good in Caanada until '73.

I dont see why the country itself - ie Canada - can't just hold gold, and issue it's own debt free currency that expands and contracts with the economy - without paying interest to private banks.

I believe that gold and silver will always hold value in any monetary system. But what I found interesting was that when they switched to gold standards, money became scarce causing a retraction in the money supply.

I believe that the money supply needs to expand with the economy. Controlling that without corruption is the trick - We did pretty good in Caanada until '73.

I dont see why the country itself - ie Canada - can't just hold gold, and issue it's own debt free currency that expands and contracts with the economy - without paying interest to private banks.
    People feel that governments / elected officials don’t have the discipline to manage a monetary system. They will always print money to get votes to get elected. The theory behind something like the Federal Reserve or an independent central bank is that it can act without political pressure. It uses interest to strengthen or weaken its currency based on the economic landscape at the time. It forces governments to think twice about spending. Well obviously this isn’t what happens now, but it is what was envisioned. Most countries hold gold regardless because central banks settle debt in gold and still consider it money even though in public they try to downplay it.

I think Ron Paul got it right when he suggested that we allow competing currencies / money. If you think about it. If you buy an oz of gold for 1400 and sell it for 1500 you get taxed on a $100 capital gain. Which is total bullshit because one of the main reasons gold went form 1400-1500 is because the government inflated its currency and basically stole $100 from you to begin with. This way governments force you to use their currencies which are infinitely more manipulated than gold.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

People feel that governments / elected officials don’t have the discipline to manage a monetary system. They will always print money to get votes to get elected. The theory behind something like the Federal Reserve or an independent central bank is that it can act without political pressure. It uses interest to strengthen or weaken its currency based on the economic landscape at the time. It forces governments to think twice about spending. Well obviously this isn’t what happens now, but it is what was envisioned. Most countries hold gold regardless because central banks settle debt in gold and still consider it money even though in public they try to downplay it.

Well thats the point. We have a central ban in Canada, and its owned by the people of Canada. We could theoretically use this bank to lend to ourselves - Gold backed currency or not, it makes no sense to borrow from private banks and pay interest when we can get the same thing for free from our own bank.

Of course there will always be some printing for pleasure in politics, but why pay interest on it? Why be forced into raising taxes just to cover the interest payments?

Well thats the point. We have a central ban in Canada, and its owned by the people of Canada. We could theoretically use this bank to lend to ourselves - Gold backed currency or not, it makes no sense to borrow from private banks and pay interest when we can get the same thing for free from our own bank.

Of course there will always be some printing for pleasure in politics, but why pay interest on it? Why be forced into raising taxes just to cover the interest payments?
    Interest rates are the tool the Central Bank of Canada uses to combat inflation. Right now most western nations are low to zero interest rate regardless. The short term inflationary effects are low due to the massive loss in capital during the 2008 crash, but long terms it’s a no win situation. The debts have become too high to sustain a high interest rate so high inflation really is unavoidable at this point. Printing money without charging interest on it will lead to Zimbabwe faster than you can spell it. That’s precisely the reason that there is so much discussion on the currency issue at the moment. It’s not really an issue with central bank as much as it is an issue with fiat money systems.