Quantcast
Winter Storm Warning for Calgary - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Storm Warning for Calgary

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-22-2019 at 10:50 AM.

This -15 to -20 weather is just perfect! Cold enough where the snow doesn't melt at all on the highway and then freeze at night. Cold enough where you don't need washer fluid every 50 feet while traveling down Deerfoot. Cold enough where the roads are barely slippery with the packed snow and gravel. Hell, even shoveling the sidewalk is a snap as even the hard packed snow is so frozen it just comes off the concrete like nothing!
    All you have to do is dress sensibly and its not even cold. We hiked for over 3 hours each day on the weekend and were totally comfortable.

Once it warms up, all this snow is going to turn to black slush and ice! It's gonna be a nightmare on the roads, dirty slushy muck all over your car and inside the garage...YUCK!!

I HATE our stupid Chinooks. -20 all winter would be perfect.

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    erroneous..... yeah that is a real word!

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    -20 all winter would be perfect.
    You can find just the winter you're looking for in Manitoba

Originally posted by Wrinkly

lol yeah. I lived for a year in Prince Albert, Sask. and that was the most fun I've had in winter ever. Sleddin to the bar every day. You could wash your car and it would stay clean for weeks. Snow was powdery and dry all winter long. On the roads it would stay a light tan colour. No ice, no slush. Love it.

My Ride
    Axis powers

This -15 to -20 weather is just perfect! Cold enough where the snow doesn't melt at all on the highway and then freeze at night. Cold enough where you don't need washer fluid every 50 feet while traveling down Deerfoot. Cold enough where the roads are barely slippery with the packed snow and gravel. Hell, even shoveling the sidewalk is a snap as even the hard packed snow is so frozen it just comes off the concrete like nothing!
    All you have to do is dress sensibly and its not even cold. We hiked for over 3 hours each day on the weekend and were totally comfortable.

Once it warms up, all this snow is going to turn to black slush and ice! It's gonna be a nightmare on the roads, dirty slushy muck all over your car and inside the garage...YUCK!!

I HATE our stupid Chinooks. -20 all winter would be perfect.
    bullshit, travel up to the NE on 12th street between 32nd and mcknight, that road is slippery as shit, i slid through 3 intersections trying to get to a client site
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by ercchry
    i love having a background in drifting... its pretty fun looking at peoples reaction with i start a 4wd drift around a corner "ZOMG!!!11ONE!1 that guys is out of control! he is going to kill someone!! aaaahhhhh.... oh look at that, prefectly straight and he never left his lane..."
    Yeah I don't know how I missed this post... Dude I've got a "background" in tracking my car but notice I don't go around doing that on public roads... If you're in a parking lot with no one or cars around, or in a section of roadway where you can easily see that there is no traffic or people around for miles, then by all means, go crazy. I'd even encourage it cause it does teach you good car control. But if you're doing this out in traffic, I've got a big FUCK YOU for you. Keep your stupid "background in drifting" shit on the track.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Originally posted by clem24

Yeah I don't know how I missed this post... Dude I've got a "background" in tracking my car but notice I don't go around doing that on public roads... If you're in a parking lot with no one or cars around, or in a section of roadway where you can easily see that there is no traffic or people around for miles, then by all means, go crazy. I'd even encourage it cause it does teach you good car control. But if you're doing this out in traffic, I've got a big FUCK YOU for you. Keep your stupid "background in drifting" shit on the track.
    Agreed. Nobody gives a fuck how good you THINK you are at driving. Keep that shit away from public roads. Aside from the danger you're putting everyone in, you're gonna end up with a huge stunting ticket someday.

My Ride
    2008 Impreza WRX

This -15 to -20 weather is just perfect! Cold enough where the snow doesn't melt at all on the highway and then freeze at night.
    That works great, until 100s of cars spinning their tires polish the snow into a nice sheet of ice.

Originally posted by ZedMan

That works great, until 100s of cars spinning their tires polish the snow into a nice sheet of ice.
    That's what the sand is for. So far we've had over two weeks with hundreds of thousands of cars spinning their tires over this snow. If you notice, the roads are quite easy to drive on. Like I said...in Saskatchewan it keeps these temps all winter long and the roads are much easier to drive on. You watch, when the weather warms up this weekend. Roads are gonna be a bitch.

Originally posted by Wrinkly

What is this Manitoba you speak of?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by clem24

Yeah I don't know how I missed this post...
    i see you missed a few other posts, this was in regards to people not knowing how to react in emergency situations... IF you read more than just this post you would already know that since i has explained it in two threads now

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by adam c

bullshit, travel up to the NE on 12th street between 32nd and mcknight, that road is slippery as shit, i slid through 3 intersections trying to get to a client site
    I was up through there. Didn't see the problem. I didn't have any issues stopping or starting.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Benny

Agreed. Nobody gives a fuck how good you THINK you are at driving. Keep that shit away from public roads. Aside from the danger you're putting everyone in, you're gonna end up with a huge stunting ticket someday.
    x3

It doesn't matter how good you think you are. In fact, you can have all the skillz in the world but it's not going to do you one iota of good when you scare the shit out of all the people surrounding you on the road.

That's the real reason why doing stupid shit in traffic is especially frowned upon by anyone that can rub two brain cells together.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

@ teh mob.

I'm sure ercchry is big enough that he can make his own decisions and take responsibility for whatever choices he makes.

No need to lecture him, the choice is fully his and he is fully aware of the possible consequences.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default OFFICIALLY 2nd Coldest place in the world right now

surprised to see this? just a few less than the damned south pole ffs, feel so proud, this the reading out here at springbank mind you:

http://www.wx-now.com/Weather/WxExtremes.aspx

edit: if you click on warmest places, see the third warmest place in the world:

must be some huge fk up or where i should build a winter getaway cabin cause 37 degrees sounds very nice atm, even if it is raining there
    Last edited by n1zm0; 11-23-2010 at 10:30 AM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

jesus
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Default Re: OFFICIALLY 2nd Coldest place in the world right now

Originally posted by n1zm0

must be some huge fk up or where i should build a winter getaway cabin cause 37 degrees sounds very nice atm, even if it is raining there
    yeah i checked google on that one and it says 37 Celsius today and tomorrow is 4... so yeah, someone fucked up haha

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: OFFICIALLY 2nd Coldest place in the world right now

Originally posted by n1zm0

Check out the "feels like" on the weather network

OMGZZSSZ!1!@!! We were wrong! Global warming isn't the day after tomorrow, IT'S TWO DAYS BEFORE THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

lol how does that work? typo?

Edit, haha must be typo in the first post, 38*F seems legit.
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 11-23-2010 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    Is fun!

minus bloody 30 (c) here this morning...brrrrrr

I want to move somewhere warmer

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast