Quantcast
Buy a truck...get a free AK47 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Buy a truck...get a free AK47

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Default Buy a truck...get a free AK47

Interesting promotion...

“Buy a truck, get a free AK-47” — that’s an unusual promotion launched by a used auto dealership in the US. Nations Trucks in Florida has introduced the scheme of a complimentary Soviet-style AK-47 assault rifle with every purchase to help it through the sluggish US economic recovery, The Daily Telegraph online reported.

The dealership has more than doubled sales since the offer was announced last week, according to Nick Ginetta, the general sales manager of the company. A poster in Nations’ office window proclaims “FREE AK-47” above a large illustration of the gun, which is by far the biggest-selling assault rifle of all time.

Ginetta said rather than handing out the guns itself, the firm has been giving those who buy trucks a $ 400 voucher which could be redeemed for an assault AK-47 rifle at a nearby firearms shop. “I don’t think it sends the wrong message,” said Ginetta, who insisted the dealership was merely allowing customers to assert their rights under the Second Amendment of the Constitution.
    Source
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

This is common in places where people aren't scared of guns. There have been many promos in the US similar to this.

You can buy an AK-47 for about 300$ down there. They are POS.

FYI - AK-47 = Semi Automatic rifle = Hunting rifle = the same thing we have in canada only it 'looks scary'

Not really a big deal.

TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Originally posted by broken_legs
    This is common in places where people aren't scared of guns. There have been many promos in the US similar to this.

FYI - AK-47 = Semi Automatic rifle = Hunting rifle = the same thing we have in canada only it 'looks scary'

Not really a big deal.

Who is it you think cares whether or not you are a home owner and the duration of time you have been one?

My Ride
    GTI

They're only cheap because of the incredible number of guns produced, and I wouldn't equate them with hunting rifles and definitely wouldn't call them a POS. The gun I used in the army was a Finnish variant called the RK-95, and I'd take it over any other gun if I had a choice, and it's semi auto. Highly accurate, versatile, and the 7.62 packs a hell of a punch.

it sounds like a pretty successful promotion, considering he made it to tv and local newspaper (for free). heck, we're even talking about his used car lot way up here in calgary!

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by JimmyJones

Who is it you think cares whether or not you are a home owner and the duration of time you have been one?
    Owner of multiple "Housing in Calgary is Overvalued Threads" so I get a lot of flack from retards who get emotional and think only people that don't have houses are bearish on housing.

Originally posted by Hakkola

They're only cheap because of the incredible number of guns produced, and I wouldn't equate them with hunting rifles and definitely wouldn't call them a POS. The gun I used in the army was a Finnish variant called the RK-95, and I'd take it over any other gun if I had a choice, and it's semi auto. Highly accurate, versatile, and the 7.62 packs a hell of a punch.

Sorry Hak, not knocking the AK

IMO 300$ is actually expensive for a plastic 'Assault' rifle.

The ones you can buy at Gander Mountain or simlilar places in the US are cheap ass Hungarian made POS, probably not anything like the ones your used to using.

Rgs,
    B

PS - 7.62 drops off like a sunovabitch after 400 m doncha think?
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    GTI

Owner of multiple "Housing in Calgary is Overvalued Threads" so I get a lot of flack from retards who get emotional and think only people that don't have houses are bearish on housing.

Sorry Hak, not knocking the AK

IMO 300$ is actually expensive for a plastic 'Assault' rifle.

The ones you can buy at Gander Mountain or simlilar places in the US are cheap ass Hungarian made POS, probably not anything like the ones your used to using.

Rgs,
    B

PS - 7.62 drops off like a sunovabitch after 400 m doncha think? [/B]

Nothing that's can't be compensated for I wouldn't think. The farthest targets I shot at were about 300 meters, and most of my training is for urban combat/close quarters so actually, much, much less then 300m almost always so I don't really have any experience shooting at 400m.

I do know that we use several different sniper rifles, including the barrett m82, dragunov among others. In my company they were using the rk-97 with a scope that kind of looks similar to the ACOG on the outside except with some kind of wind to the design, I think they were practicing on targets at about 600m and didn't complain about it. The rest of us have the aimpoint sights instead.

Edit - I guess it was ACOG, that's what I thought but I googled it and the reticle looked different from what I remember.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 11-17-2010 at 03:12 AM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

The AK has killed more people in history than any other gun that's ever been produced. Cool promo.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Just add a liquor store and that would be the best dealership ever.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Brilliant promo. He doesn't actually give you a gun he gives you a $400 off the price of the car via a coupon for a gun.

My Ride

= the same thing we have in canada only it 'looks scary'

Not really a big deal.

I always found it funny that you can buy an SKS here for <200$ new, but the AK47 is prohibited

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

haha that's hilarious. I'd like to think Ice Cube, Dre, MC Ren and Easy muthafuckin E would buy a car there.

Not to get off topic, but where in Finland are you from? It's such a cool country. I've spent some decent time in Oulu and Rovaniemi.
    Texas Nick

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Nothing that's can't be compensated for I wouldn't think. The farthest targets I shot at were about 300 meters, and most of my training is for urban combat/close quarters so actually, much, much less then 300m almost always so I don't really have any experience shooting at 400m.

I do know that we use several different sniper rifles, including the barrett m82, dragunov among others. In my company they were using the rk-97 with a scope that kind of looks similar to the ACOG on the outside except with some kind of wind to the design, I think they were practicing on targets at about 600m and didn't complain about it. The rest of us have the aimpoint sights instead.

Edit - I guess it was ACOG, that's what I thought but I googled it and the reticle looked different from what I remember.
    At 6x - Anything past 400 yards and it drops right off the reticle lol.

Hakkola check your PM please.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by texasnick

Not to get off topic, but where in Finland are you from? It's such a cool country. I've spent some decent time in Oulu and Rovaniemi.
    Lived in Helsinki/Espoo. I'm actually born in Calgary though.

Parents are from Jalasjärvi and some other tiny town. Spent time in Turku and Tampere as well.

There was actually a guy from Texas in my unit, well two of them now that I think of it. One of them lived in Oulu, I've never been there myself though.

At 6x - Anything past 400 yards and it drops right off the reticle lol.
    Unforunately I don't have experience with that but I'm going to send of an email to one of my buddies to see what he says.

My Ride
    //M

I love this promo haha
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas