Quantcast
Roofer experience? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Roofer experience?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Roofer experience?

I got 3 groups gave me a quote. Price are similar as expected and I think I can narrow down to 2.

Does anyone have positive or negative stories about these roofers?

Angel's
    Alpine Peaks
    Hire a Husband

Thanks.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

We had a quote from Hire A Husband roofing...our condo board went with a different person/company. In short it was a nightmare, that I wish to never, ever repeat. I wish we used Hire A Husband. Did Darren do the quote for you? He quoted us, and was very pleasent to deal with in the quote phase, but alas we will never know what the work would have been like.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
    We had a quote from Hire A Husband roofing...our condo board went with a different person/company. In short it was a nightmare, that I wish to never, ever repeat. I wish we used Hire A Husband. Did Darren do the quote for you? He quoted us, and was very pleasent to deal with in the quote phase, but alas we will never know what the work would have been like.
    cheap is not good, and good is not cheap. you got what you deserved.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Yeah, I think I'm going with him but he lacks references in our area as the other 2 has more. None of the reference say anything bad so I was hoping Beyond can provide the tie breaker.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

If you want I can also do your roof for you... I'll come in with 100s of referances, and I will use the best material available in the city. I'm usually about 600 more then the other guys.

I know a lot of roofers that came to work for the company I used to work for becasue Hire a Husband wouldnt pay them for the work they had done. This was a few years ago but from my understanding at that point they lost any decent roofer working for them. May have no relevence but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

I worked in the roofing industry for 6 years and estimated for 4 of them, never heard of any of those other companies.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by s_havinga
    I know a lot of roofers that came to work for the company I used to work for becasue Hire a Husband wouldnt pay them for the work they had done. This was a few years ago but from my understanding at that point they lost any decent roofer working for them. May have no relevence but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

I worked in the roofing industry for 6 years and estimated for 4 of them, never heard of any of those other companies.
    nope neither have I, and I'm in the business. You wanna be REAL CAREFUL with roofers too, cause most of em arnt in business for more then a few months to a year. one top of that, roofers IMHO are some of the biggest scum bag losers on the planet... I've been in business for a while, and I'm blessed to have 2 of what I think are some of the best to better installers in the city, and they've all been with me since the beginning, cause like buddy says, even when some workers finish your roof, they dont always get paid in the end, which enables them to lien your house... so be REALLY careful

if you want an estimate from me, just PM me. I'll try to match the other guys price as best I can

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by InRich

cheap is not good, and good is not cheap. you got what you deserved.
    Good thing you know the entire picture, but I'll let you think you are completely right. Like I said...CONDO Board - not my complete decision, but you must know my whole story, from one post right? Asshole.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Good thing you know the entire picture, but I'll let you think you are completely right. Like I said...CONDO Board - not my complete decision, but you must know my whole story, from one post right? Asshole.

haha lol.