Quantcast
Roofer experience? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Roofer experience?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Roofer experience?

    I got 3 groups gave me a quote. Price are similar as expected and I think I can narrow down to 2.

    Does anyone have positive or negative stories about these roofers?

    Angel's
    Alpine Peaks
    Hire a Husband

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    We had a quote from Hire A Husband roofing...our condo board went with a different person/company. In short it was a nightmare, that I wish to never, ever repeat. I wish we used Hire A Husband. Did Darren do the quote for you? He quoted us, and was very pleasent to deal with in the quote phase, but alas we will never know what the work would have been like.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Super Car(s)
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
    We had a quote from Hire A Husband roofing...our condo board went with a different person/company. In short it was a nightmare, that I wish to never, ever repeat. I wish we used Hire A Husband. Did Darren do the quote for you? He quoted us, and was very pleasent to deal with in the quote phase, but alas we will never know what the work would have been like.
    cheap is not good, and good is not cheap. you got what you deserved.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
    We had a quote from Hire A Husband roofing...our condo board went with a different person/company. In short it was a nightmare, that I wish to never, ever repeat. I wish we used Hire A Husband. Did Darren do the quote for you? He quoted us, and was very pleasent to deal with in the quote phase, but alas we will never know what the work would have been like.
    Yeah, I think I'm going with him but he lacks references in our area as the other 2 has more. None of the reference say anything bad so I was hoping Beyond can provide the tie breaker.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Super Car(s)
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If you want I can also do your roof for you... I'll come in with 100s of referances, and I will use the best material available in the city. I'm usually about 600 more then the other guys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I know a lot of roofers that came to work for the company I used to work for becasue Hire a Husband wouldnt pay them for the work they had done. This was a few years ago but from my understanding at that point they lost any decent roofer working for them. May have no relevence but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

    I worked in the roofing industry for 6 years and estimated for 4 of them, never heard of any of those other companies.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Super Car(s)
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by s_havinga
    I know a lot of roofers that came to work for the company I used to work for becasue Hire a Husband wouldnt pay them for the work they had done. This was a few years ago but from my understanding at that point they lost any decent roofer working for them. May have no relevence but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

    I worked in the roofing industry for 6 years and estimated for 4 of them, never heard of any of those other companies.
    nope neither have I, and I'm in the business. You wanna be REAL CAREFUL with roofers too, cause most of em arnt in business for more then a few months to a year. one top of that, roofers IMHO are some of the biggest scum bag losers on the planet... I've been in business for a while, and I'm blessed to have 2 of what I think are some of the best to better installers in the city, and they've all been with me since the beginning, cause like buddy says, even when some workers finish your roof, they dont always get paid in the end, which enables them to lien your house... so be REALLY careful

    if you want an estimate from me, just PM me. I'll try to match the other guys price as best I can

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by InRich


    cheap is not good, and good is not cheap. you got what you deserved.
    Good thing you know the entire picture, but I'll let you think you are completely right. Like I said...CONDO Board - not my complete decision, but you must know my whole story, from one post right? Asshole.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Super Car(s)
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV


    Good thing you know the entire picture, but I'll let you think you are completely right. Like I said...CONDO Board - not my complete decision, but you must know my whole story, from one post right? Asshole.

    haha lol.

Similar Threads

  1. LF : Roofer to move exhaust fan direction

    By Gorilla in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 05-05-2011, 08:55 AM
  2. Replies: 153
    Latest Threads: 01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
  3. Roofer Recommendations

    By 5gluder in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-24-2010, 09:38 PM
  4. Recommend a good roofer

    By black_2.5RS in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 08-07-2006, 09:17 AM
  5. Wanted to Hire: Roofer, or Roofer helper.

    By npham in forum Careers
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 06-21-2006, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •