Quantcast
Goodbye Ireland - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Ireland

Default Goodbye Ireland

It had a helluva run. For a little country full of easily corruptible Catholic gingers I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did. If I were the EU I would toss guilt aside and just let the country slowly sink into the sea (so to speak). All the Fenian scum will just flee like rats fleeing a sinking ship anyway, throwing money at what's left over seems pointless.

Really I'm just pissed that when I go back there at Christmas the price of Guinness will still be 5 Euros a pint or more despite money being something the next generation of Irish people will only be able to read about in books.

An appropriate kick in the teeth for the Irish would be that news of Prince William's engagement leads news stories round the world rather than the continued demise of people's favourite little republic.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/1...bt-crisis.html

Really its a non-news story in the grand scheme. Ireland is fucked. Just another "why did we let them into the EU in the first place?" reaction by the powers that be.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

I'm always amused when I see that the Irish government is refusing a bailout option because they don't want to be "humiliated" with an election coming up.

Hey, shitheads, you set your egos aside when refusing money could collapse the economies of several other countries. You're already going down, don't make it worse.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

Blame Bretton Woods and the US.

I get the feeling that the European nations kind of saw what the US was doing - and tried to quickly implement the Euro as a unified front against it.

Didn't work... The US got out of *that* currency war a little bit better off than the Euro nations. Thats not to say - that both sides lost a lot of respect by everyone. Sometimes you have a decisive winner in a war - and sometimes both sides lose.

China - just sat on the sidelines (like it always does) and watches.

If I were a conspiracy theorist - I'd manage to squeeze Britain in there as they are masters of divide and conquer (and a staunch abstainer from accepting the Euro currency)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-16-2010 at 08:31 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Zenops, is Rob Anders in any way responsible for this?

My Ride
    CRF 250L

I dont think we will see the demise of Ireland.

The best thing Ireland can do is SAY NO to the bailout that is being crammed down their throats by the EU and the IMF.

If Ireland fails, the bond holders (big banks) will take a haircut and lose some money. This will cause the EU to fall apart most likely - Especially since Portugal and Spain are right behind Ireland on the road to ruins here.

If Ireland gives into the pressure and takes the bailout they are sentencing the public to years of servitude and taxes. They lose pretty much all claim to sovereign control of anything, as they will now have to do the bidding of the IMF.

The only way for Ireland to remain, well Ireland, is to say no IMO.

LET THE BANKS LOSE MONEY.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Originally posted by Gman.45
    Zenops, is Rob Anders in any way responsible for this?
    Sure I can blame Rob somehow.

The Irish are considered to be the Blacks of the Europeans. Would Rob kick a carrot? Not sure, but I'd put a bill on it.

As for Irish work ethic being like Rob Anders... Sure. They self delude themselves into thinking that working for two days of the week, shaking hands and smiling somehow is "progressive" and "productive", making them an invaluable part of society. While ultimately undermining it as a saboteur, by creating hatred and division.

When you work two years and the best you can come up with is "Go stamps go!" and then another year to come up with "When in doubt, pull the trigger" then thats an indicator right there.

But at least the Irish know how to drink, so that automatically puts them above Rob.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by broken_legs
    I dont think we will see the demise of Ireland.

The best thing Ireland can do is SAY NO to the bailout that is being crammed down their throats by the EU and the IMF.

If Ireland fails, the bond holders (big banks) will take a haircut and lose some money. This will cause the EU to fall apart most likely - Especially since Portugal and Spain are right behind Ireland on the road to ruins here.

If Ireland gives into the pressure and takes the bailout they are sentencing the public to years of servitude and taxes. They lose pretty much all claim to sovereign control of anything, as they will now have to do the bidding of the IMF.

The only way for Ireland to remain, well Ireland, is to say no IMO.

LET THE BANKS LOSE MONEY.
    I'm pretty sure the government already secured all the debts, but now the issue is that without the EU, that doesn't mean anything to the market. Basically the banks are still bankrupt despite having bankruptied the government. Banks lost money, government lost money, people have no money etc.

However not taking the bailout could be the best solution in that it would be like burning it down and starting over, rather than putting a band aid on a poisoned, shot, drowned and dismembered corpse and hoping it comes back to life.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by kertejud2

However not taking the bailout could be the best solution in that it would be like burning it down and starting over, rather than putting a band aid on a poisoned, shot, drowned and dismembered corpse and hoping it comes back to life.
    ^^ This for sure.

The problem is that Irelands banks are in the crapper? Not really, this is like a diversion from the real issue IMO.

The problem is that Ireland's Creditors might lose money. That's the only real issue here. Thats why the IMF and ECB are trying so hard to push this bailout down their throats. IF ireland fails, the other European banks will suddenly fail as well, causing the dreaded domino effect.

Im going to guess and say that the banks in France and Germany are probably some of the biggest bond holders of Irish bonds. If Ireland takes the bailout, then those banks get made 100% whole on their bad investments there. But then Ireland will have no more free will, she will literally be bought and paid and under control of the IMF or ECB. The banks will dictate what ireland does and continue to rape and pillage that country.

If Ireland chooses not to take the bailout, and it goes bankrupt, then those banks get the shaft, and Ireland can start over - But again this will be really bad for the EU.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    CRF 250L

oh yeah, and this

Originally posted by broken_legs

The banks will dictate what ireland does and continue to rape and pillage that country.

If Ireland chooses not to take the bailout, and it goes bankrupt, then those banks get the shaft, and Ireland can start over - But again this will be really bad for the EU.
    And this is the problem. The only reason Ireland achieved the prosperity it did was because of the investment from the EU, so any desire to return to even a similar level of prosperity can't involve giving the finger to the European powers.

Its not easy being one of the PIGS; give up sovereignty or give up prosperity seem to be the options.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Im Irish and I endorse this message.

Last edited by SJW; 11-17-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by SJW
    Im Irish and I endorse this message.

EDIT!

Bunch of Scoundrels!!!!!!!!!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle1800866/
    Facing debt problems, Ireland picks tax status over bailout deal
    ROME— From Wednesday's Globe and Mail
    Published Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2010 9:59AM EST

Ireland is resisting a bailout out of fear that any deal would jeopardize its economic sovereignty and force it to scrap the low-tax system that made Dublin a magnet for global companies.

Ireland’s stance stems in good part from its desire to protect its rock-bottom corporate tax status, the feature credited with launching its economic miracle in the 1990s, turning one of western Europe’s poorest countries into one of its wealthiest, with remarkable speed, analysts and economists say.

“The government does not wish to give up its preferential corporate tax system, which EU [European Union] financial assistance might require,” said Mike Lenhoff, chief strategist in London for Brewin Dolphin, a British investment firm.

Any EU bailout, especially one with the Washington-based International Monetary Fund at its side, could come with considerable loss of economic sovereignty because assistance would come with conditions, ranging from strict lower debt and budget deficit ratios to higher revenue targets and tough austerity programs.
    Last edited by broken_legs; 11-17-2010 at 12:01 AM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Default Re: Goodbye Ireland

For a little country full of easily corruptible Catholic gingers I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did.
    Everything you said got lost on me with this part. Ginger Catholics had a role to play here?

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Default Re: Re: Goodbye Ireland

Originally posted by CUG
    Everything you said got lost on me with this part. Ginger Catholics had a role to play here?
    Their president is a Ginger Catholic, its unavoidable.

But being a Catholic nation essentially ensures a lack of success in most endeavours, especially economically. 3/4 PIGS are Catholic and the French are just a bunch of assholes and the Eye-Ties aren't any better. I hate Catholics about as much as I hate protestants, but at least the latter can get shit done.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Default Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Ireland

Their president is a Ginger Catholic, its unavoidable.

But being a Catholic nation essentially ensures a lack of success in most endeavours, especially economically. 3/4 PIGS are Catholic and the French are just a bunch of assholes and the Eye-Ties aren't any better. I hate Catholics about as much as I hate protestants, but at least the latter can get shit done.
    You mad, bro?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Ireland

Originally posted by HyperZell

You mad, bro?
    No, just the neverending sense of guilt that comes from being baptized as a papal subject.

You mad, bro?
    BOOOOOya!!!

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Ireland

No, just the neverending sense of guilt that comes from being baptized as a papal subject.
    So you join a car based web site to spew your religious hatred for the catholics? Banks lending money is because of the catholics? You an Ulster volunteer or something?
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

You muslim, bro?
    fixed.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Ireland

Originally posted by civic_stylez

So you join a car based web site to spew your religious hatred for the catholics? Banks lending money is because of the catholics? You an Ulster volunteer or something?
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facetious

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~seaboyer/mis...m_detector.jpg

etc.

(If I were an Ulster Volunteer, I wouldn't give a shit what goes on in the Republic nor would I dislike protestants even more than Catholics. Use your heads people).

I suppose it wasn't made clear that my family, including both of my parents make up that "Fenian scum." The Irish are an incorrigible people, moreso than even the French, they have only themselves to blame for the situation they're in. The fact they're Catholics (and gingers) is purely coincidental.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast