Quantcast
where is plug in for a mazda 3? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: where is plug in for a mazda 3?

Default where is plug in for a mazda 3?

Hey guys so my gf has a mazda 3 and we want to plug it in but I can't find the cord. I searched google couldn't find anything anybody with a mazda 3 know where it is located?

thanks Cory

My Ride
    49cc Honda bicycle/89 Accord SE-i/59 Impala/93shaq

Check the lower grille in the middle for the cord. It could be laying over the "lower middle splash shield"

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

First question. Is there even a block heater installed?If your having trouble finding your plugin, I would say no
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

yeah im gonna say no block heater. I kind of just assumed since we live in Canada that all cars come with one haha.

So does anyone lknow the cost of getting one installed?

My Ride

Originally posted by shtock99
    yeah im gonna say no block heater. I kind of just assumed since we live in Canada that all cars come with one haha.

So does anyone lknow the cost of getting one installed?

I would go to Mazda and get OEM Block Heater and the cord. And bring it to a mom/pop shop to get it installed or Canadian Tire.

Parts should run you $50-100 for both I think. Install depending on where you have to screw it in should take an hour. So maybe $300 all said and done or cheaper.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Frost plug for the mazda 3 is under the exhaust manifold on the driver's side. You need to remove the entire upper exhaust manifold to install the block heater plug.

My Ride
    Ferrari

I think he would have one, its rare to find one without. It could be the cord is tucked away somewhere, or it doesnt have a cord at all (but still has the heating element). I'd look where CivicDXR said and see if you can see anything. Then just follow the cord provided there is one.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Amazingly enough, many vehicles sold in Kelowna or in the B.C.'s lower mainland may not be equipped with block heaters. My in-laws had to have one installed in their truck when they moved out here from Kelowna.
    Will fuck off, again.

i had one installed at North Hill Mazda for under $300. I have the invoice at home and can give you the exact price if you want. Or, you could just call them and ask.

My Ride
    Ferrari

Originally posted by speedog
    Amazingly enough, many vehicles sold in Kelowna or in the B.C.'s lower mainland may not be equipped with block heaters. My in-laws had to have one installed in their truck when they moved out here from Kelowna.
    Absolutely true, my Honda is from Vancouver and it has no block heater. I just remembered that.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

why do you need a block heater?
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

My Ride

Originally posted by JZS_147

Why do you buy JDM cars?

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

My Honda has an optional block heater and floor mats (only Honda fits properly). I was shocked to see a $300 "option" on a block heater, paid it of course. What can one do with an ice cold gun to your head. They gave me free air in the tires so I cannot really complain too much.

Have a good look for the plug cord, most have a cap on the end to protect from the elements. If she has the original sales sheet, the optional block heater will/will not be listed.

Stick with an original Mazda part, why take chances? The Mazda dealer might be close in price for labour compared to a Canadian Tire, etc install. I know for many things on my cars the dealer is about the same in price and I can avoid the trust issues CT, WM, etc do tend to set-off. If you can find a trusted aftermarket garage all the better, wish I could find one in my area.

AFAIK the mazda OEM is a freeze plug heater, whereas if you go aftermarket, it's gonna be a shitty rad hose one (they only heat the coolant and not the block).

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by JZS_147
    Not everyone can get their cars indoor overnight.

Ill take a nice hard look tomorrow in the places mentioned if no luck ill take it to the dealer. Thanks for all the help guys!!

My friend has a 2010 Mazda 3 that was bought in Ontario, and it didnt have a block heater installed.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

My Volvo doesn't have one, I don't understand how a cold ass nation like Sweden could not just make it standard.

I figure dealerships over charge big time on those things when you buy a car new, so they like to leave them as an option.