Quantcast
Need Help Beyond! Buddy In Jail - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Beyond! Buddy In Jail

My Ride
    G6

Default Need Help Beyond! Buddy In Jail

I know this will sound rediculace, but I need some help, so save the criticism for another thread. My buddy came up to see me (in Red Deer), and long story short he got arrested for grabbing a waitresse's boob. I'm back home, and he's in prison.

What the fuck do I do tomorrow morning? What's bail gonna cost? What sort of penalty is he looking at if he's guilty? When can I go to bail him out? This isn't a cop complain thread as the officers did nothing wrong; I just wanna know what the best course is from people who know what they're talking about.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

You need to tell your friend not to say anything at all. If a Red Deer JP even gives him bail, it won't be until later this AM, if a JP even shows up on weekends. If not, Monday morning.

If you talk to him on the phone, repeatedly tell him not to discuss the incident without a lawyer or legal aid or whatever.

That's a sexual assault charge, and shit just got extremely fucking real. First and foremost is making sure he doesn't say fucking ANYthing about it. Not even "it was an accident" or ANYTHING. Getting him bail is secondary and tertiary at this point.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

what the fuck is bail? we dont have bail in canada. theyll let him go in the morning. this is canada. we let shit slide.

Originally posted by CUG
    You need to tell your friend not to say anything at all. If a Red Deer JP even gives him bail, it won't be until later this AM, if a JP even shows up on weekends. If not, Monday morning.

If you talk to him on the phone, repeatedly tell him not to discuss the incident without a lawyer or legal aid or whatever.

That's a sexual assault charge, and shit just got extremely fucking real. First and foremost is making sure he doesn't say fucking ANYthing about it. Not even "it was an accident" or ANYTHING. Getting him bail is secondary and tertiary at this point.
    To reiterate: DO NOT SAY SHIT TO THE POLICE EVER.

Only advice to give...

My Ride
    anything that comes along

If they don't think they have any reason to worry they will baill him out at a cost of $1, I don't think they are legally permitted to let someone out without bail. At least when I was a stupid shit at 17 I got arrested and the JP let me out on a $1 bail.

Was he drunk? is he charged and not just in the drunk tank for the night?
    Last edited by derpderp; 11-20-2010 at 09:38 AM.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Re: Need Help Beyond! Buddy In Jail

Originally posted by Feruk
    I know this will sound ridiculous ce, but I need some help, so save the criticism for another thread. My buddy came up to see me (in Red Deer), and long story short he got arrested for grabbing a waitresse's boob. I'm back home, and he's in prison.

What the fuck do I do tomorrow morning? What's bail gonna cost? What sort of penalty is he looking at if he's guilty? When can I go to bail him out? This isn't a cop complain thread as the officers did nothing wrong; I just wanna know what the best course is from people who know what they're talking about.
    Bwah hahahahahahahaha.. Sorry, that's just too funny.

Anyways.. tell him to call a lawyer. He's gonna need it.

Get better friends?

i believe that unless he is actually being charged, they will likely just release him after being held (can be up to 24 hours)

if he is being charged, then he will appear before a JP, and unless this is a common activity for him, should be saying "i am SO sorry", "never had anything like this before" and plead not guilty
    after that they'll likely release him with a promise to appear

and yes, there is a bail system here
    "Drive your business, let not your business drive you" ~ Benjamin Franklin

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

Originally posted by banned3x
    what the fuck is bail? we dont have bail in canada. theyll let him go in the morning. this is canada. we let shit slide.
    Don't be retarded. Of course we have bail.

Most likely he will sit in the holding cell. Alberta has jps 24/7 it's just at later times at night only a few work certain districts. He will talk to the jp, get no cash recognizance bail and be let out. Most likely out by now if it happened last night. He's gonna hve conditions and a court date to attend. Nothing serious.

My Ride
    G6

Actually they let him go this morning, no bail. Gave him a court date and sent him on his way.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

Originally posted by lellowrx7

Don't be retarded.
    LoL to the guy who called a 4 yr old retarded.

Op you need new friends.

My Ride
    Hatred

LOLZ at your friend. What kind of retard does shit like that.

You should know if you plan on grabbing a waitress' breast that they should never she the light of day again /murderadvice
    -U

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I think I found a picture of your friend.
    lol

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

^

Originally posted by banned3x
    We have bail!!!

was the juice worth the squeeze?

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by derpderp
    If they don't think they have any reason to worry they will baill him out at a cost of $1, I don't think they are legally permitted to let someone out without bail. At least when I was a stupid shit at 17 I got arrested and the JP let me out on a $1 bail.
    Bail isn't always $1. I may be wrong but I'm almost certain that's only for people under 18.

When it comes to bail you can't do anything, calling the police station won't do shit either. Once he talks to a JP and his bail is set then someone will contact you. Then you'll have to goto the courthouse (not police station) to pay it. The courthouse will then contact where ever he is being held and they'll release him. But you have to be patient, the process usually takes hours.

So just sit tight, if you're needed then someone will contact you.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Lol sub'd keep us updated I'm curious to see what a random boob squeeze will cost him in the end, fine or jail or community service, whatever it is.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Originally posted by ddduke

Bail isn't always $1. I may be wrong but I'm almost certain that's only for people under 18.

When it comes to bail you can't do anything, calling the police station won't do shit either. Once he talks to a JP and his bail is set then someone will contact you. Then you'll have to goto the courthouse (not police station) to pay it. The courthouse will then contact where ever he is being held and they'll release him. But you have to be patient, the process usually takes hours.

So just sit tight, if you're needed then someone will contact you.
    Intresting, I guess the $1 bail might have to do with having guardians in youth criminal situations. Really all that happened was when I was 17 I was drunk and at a train station, got searched, then arrested and charged for having a can of pepper spray. I had only just moved to Calgary from Airdrie and I was really was uncomfortable with all the fighting and violence in the city that didn't exist in my little middle class town.

Originally posted by Feruk
    Actually they let him go this morning, no bail. Gave him a court date and sent him on his way.
    Is he being charged with sexual assault?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast