Quantcast
Wikileaks US Diplomatic Cable Leak Discussion - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks US Diplomatic Cable Leak Discussion

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Off Topic: Anyone want to be my Steam friend?

I open this magnanimous offer to my local Calgary peeps.
    Steam as in the game platform?

Wikileaks is going to sue Visa and Mastercard The Americun way!

The guy hasn't been thrown in jail or been given the Nobel Peace Prize yet, Visa and Mastercard should definitely still be processing payments to him until that time.

Even if he is thrown in jail, many companies still operate with a CEO that has done time and/or had multiple McBankruptcies as well.

Paypal, has their asses covered because of their Nazi-ish disclaimer of usage.

Maybe Assange has some dirt on Mastercard and Visa, and not just Bank of America. Would not be surprised. I guess his only source of income now is gold bars.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-09-2010 at 07:16 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

lmao love the russia...
    Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia
    Dmitry Rogozin, Russia's hardline ultra-nationalist ambassador to Nato, also today voiced his support for the embattled Assange. He tweeted that Assange's arrest and incarceration on Monday at the City of Westminster magistrates' court demonstrated that there was "no media freedom" in the west. Assange's "fate" amounted to "political persecution" and a lack of human rights, the ambassador said
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...el-peace-prize

My Ride
    G6

Haha that Russians are trashing freedom of the media in the West? It's ironic, but in a way I like it. If the Russians are calling out government corruption, there must truly be something wrong.

My Ride

Yah especially from a hard-line nationalist ambassador, sounds like someone is trying to direct the public's attention away.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I figured out why Paypal bailed!*

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches...ht-101208.html

SpaceX is funded by Paypal's founder Elon Musk.

SpaceX plans to use its unmanned Dragon spacecraft as the cargo truck to deliver supplies to the International Space Station under a $1.6 billion deal with NASA.

I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Nasa/US Gov: Hey Broski! Sweet job on the Dragon capsule!

Elon Musk: Thanks homies, it's dope and it works great!

Nasa/US Gov: Yeah, it's pimp. That thing is gonna take more loads than Jenna Jameson!

Elon Musk: I can hardly wait.

Nasa/US Gov: Just one problem! Wikileaks gets it's skrilla from your other biz yo, we need that shit taken care of. You get it taken care of and we got's no problems with our contract homie!

Elon Musk: No problem I gotcha back!

Nasa/US Gov: Thanks, yo! It's good to have mad tite pizzartners like you!

Elon Musk: Lolz

Nasa/US Gov: Lolz

*this is merely an opinion of Kevie88
    Bought not built!

Originally posted by kevie88

SpaceX plans to use its unmanned Dragon spacecraft as the cargo truck to deliver supplies to the International Space Station under a $1.6 billion deal with NASA.

Nasa/US Gov: Yeah, it's pimp. That thing is gonna take more loads than Jenna Jameson!

Nasa/US Gov: Just one problem! Wikileaks gets it's skrilla from your other biz yo, we need that shit taken care of. You get it taken care of and we got's no problems with our contract homie!

Yeah, I posted on the last page about paypal already admitting to government pressure as the reason to why they shut down his account. However I don’t agree with your connection. It’s more far fetched than the ridiculous “CIA and George Soros are funding Wikileaks which is a cointelpro operation”. People at the top end of society are all connected in one way or another. It’s like playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

On another topic. I wish these private space exploration companies like SpaceX and Virgin Galactic would pool together for something generation defining like a manned mission to Mars. The commercial shit is fine but it’s blasé

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by BigMass

Yeah, I posted on the last page about paypal already admitting to government pressure as the reason to why they shut down his account. However I don’t agree with your connection. It’s more far fetched than the ridiculous “CIA and George Soros are funding Wikileaks which is a cointelpro operation”. People at the top end of society are all connected in one way or another. It’s like playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

On another topic. I wish these private space exploration companies like SpaceX and Virgin Galactic would pool together for something generation defining like a manned mission to Mars. The commercial shit is fine but it’s blasé
    Yeah, you did. I was watching the SpaceX launch and it dawned on me that this was one possible reason that Paypal was so easily bent to the will of the government.

Your second point I couldn't agree more with!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by kevie88

Thanks, now my monitors at work are covered with coffee.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

My Ride

I was just going post this

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

^^Wow, that was amazing. It's funny how the truth is so simple yet lies is what runs governments?

I loved the questions at the end, every single one.

My Ride

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange 'to be charged with spying by the US'

America is set to bring spying charges against jailed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, claims his lawyer.

US prosecutors are said to be finalising their case against the 39-year-old Australian behind the publication of more than 250,000 secret diplomatic messages.

Mr Assange’s lawyer Jennifer Robinson said she understands US charges are ‘imminent’.

He is likely to be prosecuted under the Espionage Act, which makes it a crime to receive national defence information if it is known to have been obtained illegally and could be used ‘to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation.’

US Justice Department officials refused to make any comment last night.

But Attorney General Eric Holder confirmed earlier this week that he had ordered a criminal probe and claimed the leaks had put America at risk.

‘We have a very serious, active, ongoing investigation that is criminal in nature. I authorised just last week a number of things to be done so that we can hopefully get to the bottom of this and hold people accountable, as they should be,’ he said.

Mr Assange is still behind bars in London awaiting an extradition hearing on charges that he raped two women in Sweden.

Depending on the outcome of the hearing, the US would then have to launch another extradition bid either in Sweden or the UK.

Although America has extradition treaties with both countries, the process is often lengthy and is likely to take months.

The US has never used the law to charge a recipient who has published classified information.

But a senior legal aide said the government might argue that WikiLeaks is functioning as a kind of storehouse, gathering and maintaining the classified material rather than acting as a traditional media outlet.

Legal experts in Washington claimed an alternative would be to charge Mr Assange with theft of government property. The law makes it a crime for anyone who receives property known to have been stolen with intent to ‘convert to his own use or gain.’

It was used in 1984 to prosecute a US naval intelligence analyst who was jailed for leaking photos of a Soviet aircraft carrier to Britain’s Jane’s Defence Weekly magazine.

Ms Robinson said the WikiLeaks boss is being held in solitary confinement with restricted access to his lawyers.

‘This means he is under significant surveillance but also means he has more restrictive conditions than other prisoners. Considering the circumstances, he was incredibly positive and upbeat,’ she said yesterday.

The latest development emerged as another website claimed it was launching on Monday as a rival to WikiLeaks.

Former WikiLeaks employee Daniel Domschelt-Berg said the new German-based site, called OpenLeaks, would also help anonymous sources publish sensitive material online.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Wow...Just watch the video posted above and read that and it's pretty clear. So long free democratic society.

Gov't spys on you - Patriot Act
    You spy on Gov't - Treason

Originally posted by syeve
    Wow...Just watch the video posted above and read that and it's pretty clear. So long free democratic society.

Gov't spys on you - Patriot Act
    You spy on Gov't - Treason
    Yeah like when the Bush admin was about to go into the shitter over illegal warrantless surveillance then he magically uses his pixy dust to pass a bill that makes it retroactively legal to do so. Oh wait, it’s Assange that’s the criminal

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Yeah like when the Bush admin was about to go into the shitter over illegal warrantless surveillance then he magically uses his pixy dust to pass a bill that makes it retroactively legal to do so. Oh wait, it’s Assange that’s the criminal
    The general population should be held accountable for the actions of their governement. Where are the riots, where are the protests? The government should be terrified of its people. The complacent attitude is the most dangerous of all.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

It's what happens when the few have power over the many, and the many refuse to rise up.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I also love how US law suddenly applies to everyone, regardless of citizenship or location.

My Ride
    Model S

LOL @ "Julian Assange crushes bastards" sign

Shit has definitely gotten weird when you see people in china protesting US censorship outside of the US embassy

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast