Quantcast
Wikileaks US Diplomatic Cable Leak Discussion - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks US Diplomatic Cable Leak Discussion

Looks like Interpol just issued an arrest warrant for him. Quite coincidental timing no?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/INTER...181/story.html

Originally posted by calgary403
    Looks like Interpol just issued an arrest warrant for him. Quite coincidental timing no?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/INTER...181/story.html
    cool, i hope the catch him, lock him up / kill him and go after everyone involved... For the simple, selfish reason that i want to know what's in those insurance files lol

Yeah, suggesting that Clinton resign... Will get you into just a little bit of trouble.

Time for the full face plastic surgery.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Godfuader
    Columbia University International Affairs students just got an email from [Government agency]. Its basically telling the grad students not to further spread any leaks or comment on any online discussion, as this may "hinder" their future job prospects with the government. Essentially it says to keep quiet about the screw up, or risk ending up on the black list.
    ...Ummm that's a pretty legitimate warning to send out. Did YOU spread shit about your employer before you got your job with them?

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

lol.. The guy looks to be about 100 lbs.. If anything he was the one that was raped.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Originally posted by CUG
    ...Ummm that's a pretty legitimate warning to send out. Did YOU spread shit about your employer before you got your job with them?
    Yeah, but a government should operate with integrity and transparency.

And it's not working for a business. The government isn't and should never be a business.

Originally posted by Freeskier

And it's not working for a business. The government isn't and should never be a business.
    +99

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Yeah, suggesting that Clinton resign... Will get you into just a little bit of trouble.

Time for the full face plastic surgery.
    Perhaps replacement of the David Bowie hair is also in order.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

I wish I could figure out what the fuck some politicians are thinking when they open their mouths.

Prepare for Liberal media shitstorm.

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

^^I wonder how long the university of calgary will keep that guy around. What does he teach?

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by mx73someday
    ^^I wonder how long the university of calgary will keep that guy around. What does he teach?
    http://poli.ucalgary.ca/profiles/thomas-flanagan
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by LollerBrader

+99
    That's really cute guys. I suppose when the rest of the world starts playing by that same set of rules, we can too. Until then, people who are unaware of reality will continue to sniffle when the big boys are playing by the big boy rules.

Freeskier, if you think that will ever happen at all levels of government, go read a book or 10.

This is where I usually see liberals typically get crossed up on themselves. They feel that everything should be butterflies and rainbows no matter what.

What they fail to realize is that if the Canada or the US subscribed to those methods of governance (as nebulous and poorly thought out as it is), the last thing on their mind would be butterflies, rainbows and things like transsexual equality. We would be eaten for lunch within months by other interests who don't play by the rules. What they fail to realize is that going "all in" on some ridiculous policy like that leaves every vulnerability a nation has exposed. And for what? So you can "know"? Thankfully people like you aren't in charge, or we would have been speaking German in the class rooms.
    Last edited by CUG; 12-01-2010 at 06:01 AM.

My Ride
    Model S

Haha, CUG sounds like Sarah Palin.

You're making a straw man argument. No one is saying that politics aren't messy. Stuff like selling prisoners chronicles of riddick style, to boost your public opinion. Telling the public that there are threats when they acknowledge internally that there is not. Continuing to waste taxpayer money based on lies about what progress is being made. Putting tracking chips into HUMANS.

None of these types of things are necessary. They are unethical and in some cases, criminal. Nothing there prevents us from "having to learn German."

Yes, some secrets are necessary, but that was never the argument.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by googe
    Haha, CUG sounds like Sarah Palin
    Did she actually say that? Smart girl

He is a smart man. "Use a drone". Nobody uses manned airplanes anymore.

Nobody uses manned mortars anymore either. When you have stupid peeps like the US military that will shoot at cardboard cutouts of Kim Jong Il, you don't need to waste people to defend the country.

Except in the US, if you intend to decimate, and maybe North Korea if they intend to decimate.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by googe
    Haha, CUG sounds like Sarah Palin.

You're making a straw man argument. No one is saying that politics aren't messy. Stuff like selling prisoners chronicles of riddick style, to boost your public opinion. Telling the public that there are threats when they acknowledge internally that there is not. Continuing to waste taxpayer money based on lies about what progress is being made. Putting tracking chips into HUMANS.

None of these types of things are necessary. They are unethical and in some cases, criminal. Nothing there prevents us from "having to learn German."

Yes, some secrets are necessary, but that was never the argument.
    I disagree that it's a straw man argument. Freeskier said governments should operate with transparency and "integrity". What appears misunderstood with that idea is that a government is charged with the task of preserving and securing the quality of life for its citizens, or in a lot of cases, themselves. Either way, this type of transparency (suggesting wikileaks is pure nobility) doesn't contribute to the well-being of... well, anyone.

Things get done behind closed doors that you may not like, so that you have the opportunity to do what you do every day.

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by derpderp

I wish I could figure out what the fuck some politicians are thinking when they open their mouths.

Prepare for Liberal media shitstorm.
    You know, I actually agree with the guy. Maybe assassinate is a little harsh, but Wikileaks founder shouldn't have done what he did.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Still, it just isn't an appropriate way to speak on national tv, even as a joke because a politician should know that this is just begging for the spin doctors to show up and cause a media shit-storm.

Sometimes I wonder if ZenOps is a bot, it seems like so many of his responces are so vaguly related to the subject, mixed with random sentences unrealted. Truth is though, he is a bit to articulate for a bot.

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by derpderp
    Still, it just isn't an appropriate way to speak on national tv, even as a joke because a politician should know that this is just begging for the spin doctors to show up and cause a media shit-storm.

Sometimes I wonder if ZenOps is a bot, it seems like so many of his responces are so vaguly related to the subject, mixed with random sentences unrealted. Truth is though, he is a bit to articulate for a bot.
    see, I'd agree with you if he was a current politician, but he's no longer a politician, and he's a professor. He's entitled to his own opinion and if he wishes to voice it, who am I to stop him?
    http://www.billoreilly.com/video?cha...673444212#play

interesting perspective IMO.

and Zenops is a nut. His sentences are too coherent for a bot, but his replies are ALWAYS off topic and make little to no sense at all. Bizarre. They are always based off some tinfoil theory or prediction.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

Right so should we also publish all the capabilities of our military? Our analyzed vulnerabilities as a country? What about the names of informants who we have embedded in other countries? Maybe we should also publish all our documentation on how to assemble nuclear weapons or our ballistic missile technology? I mean information wants to be free right?!

Hell I am liberal but I can clearly see that wikileaks has an anarchist agenda. The releases benefit no one and have a net destabilizing effect on the world. I mean impeccable timing releasing how Iran and NK are smuggling weapons. I particularly like the release of intelligence contacts in Iran and Turkey. I am sure none of these people are just going to disappear or have "accidents". Wikileaks should be held criminally responsible for the deaths of these people.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast