Quantcast
GT5 Racing Seat Setup - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: GT5 Racing Seat Setup

My Ride
    08 Impreza

Default GT5 Racing Seat Setup

I'm looking for a racing seat setup for the G27 wheel I will be purchasing tonight.

I've looked at a few places, but can't seem to find it. And nobody at those places knew where to get one.

Anyone know where I could buy one locally? $150 or less would be ideal as I know I'll get bored of it once I beat the game.

So far I'm quite disappointed with the game, but hopefully thats only because I was using a controller last night without rumble.
    Last edited by ByTeMe; 11-25-2010 at 12:42 PM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Ordered online, from this place - I couldn't find them anywhere else when I was shopping.

http://smoketronics.com/Playseats/c2...duct_info.html

After shipping and paying 1.30 on the dollar (all US pricing but the store is in Ontario) it cost me around $700 with the wheel. Should be considerably cheaper now that the dollar is roughly at par. Looks like they are backordered though, no doubt because GT5 is finally upon us.

It includes all the hardware to mount a G25 (and I assume G27), so its rock solid. I would recommend getting one in black though, the white seat would show dirt and probably turn blue from people wearing jeans using it.

If you have any other questions let me know.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    S14|TB1

^ insanely on backorder too

My Ride
    08 Impreza

Holy crap, its just a seat and a metal frame. lol. That's insanely expensive.

Well there goes that dream.

Perhaps it's time to go to the wreckers and see what I can make.

Originally posted by ByTeMe

It includes the wheel, so that entire setup would be about $600 now that the dollar is at par. Its an absolute bargain considering how well everything is done.

I read reviews of people complaining about lower back pain with the playseat. I also don't like having the post between my legs, makes pedal work and getting in and out harder.

I'm trying to negotiate a discount on 5 of the Obutto Ozone's.
    http://www.obutto.com/simracing.html

I emailed the distributor and he's in calgary, but there's no local pickup. If there's interest, I'll start a thread.

Originally posted by phreezee
    I read reviews of people complaining about lower back pain with the playseat. I also don't like having the post between my legs, makes pedal work and getting in and out harder.

I emailed the distributor and he's in calgary, but there's no local pickup. If there's interest, I'll start a thread.
    I've put over 1,000 hours in mine. The post is 100% a non-issue, you don't even notice it and it has absolutely no effect on pedal usage. The pedal plate is fully adjustable as well.

It also doesn't make my back sore even a little bit - it's the same as a car seat.

It also takes zero effort to get in and out of - it's not like you do that often either. No idea where that reviewer is coming from.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-25-2010 at 04:35 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by ByTeMe

Good luck with that, I thought i'd save money by doing the same thing. One thing led to another, went from single screen to triple screens, single xbox 360 to quad xbox 360's to run Forza in quad screen (triple screen + 1 screen for rear view mirror), then I built a kick ass PC to run it, added surround sound, real car dash, working car e-brake... real car seat.. $10k later I had this:

Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

That is a nice setup and I would be interested if you could get a group buy going. That shipping is a bitch though, especially for something I could pick up.

Maybe they will let us pick them up if we get enough sold.

Let me know if you get a group buy going.

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

Good luck with that, I thought i'd save money by doing the same thing. One thing led to another, went from single screen to triple screens, single xbox 360 to quad xbox 360's to run Forza in quad screen (triple screen + 1 screen for rear view mirror), then I built a kick ass PC to run it, added surround sound, real car dash, working car e-brake... real car seat.. $10k later I had this:

holy junk man thats killer. sick setup!

My Ride
    Silver 12 sec Sedan

Anybody have or try this wheel out?
    Thrustmaster F430 Cockpit
    Last edited by Ghettobaby; 11-25-2010 at 08:29 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Ghettobaby
    Anybody have or try this wheel out?
    Thrustmaster F430 Cockpit
    Fanatec > Logitech > Thrustmaster when it comes to PS3.

On PC you can get even better quality gear.

That is sick!!

Been contemplating a Playseat, but the Obutto with triple monitor & tabletop attachment wins hands down, as I already run a Matrox TH2Go with 3 24" Dells.

IMO one giant screen > 3 small screens - I don't like the splits between them either. I've tried both and I feel way more immersed when playing on a 90+" screen than I do a few small TV's/monitors. All personal preference I guess.

IMO one giant screen > 3 small screens - I don't like the splits between them either. I've tried both and I feel way more immersed when playing on a 90+" screen than I do a few small TV's/monitors. All personal preference I guess.
    It is personal preference- my 360 is running a 10 foot display in the home theater, but a 5040*1080 image less than an arms length away totally fills my field of vision.

My Ride

It is personal preference. Personally I don't notice the splits in the screen while playing. The side screens are there more for peripheral vision and to really give you the feeling of speed, something about being on the ring and seeing the tree's whipping by you out of the corner of your eye really allows you to judge how fast you are going without using the in game speedo.

Also if i'm racing in a tight group I can actually turn my head left or right to see if there is anyone there, with a single screen you can't see people beside you.

Either way, my next sim will most likely be triple over head projectors which will be seamless, then I get the best of both worlds It can just be difficult trying to convince my wife why I need three projectors for a simulated race car in the basement. lol.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

I would be interested if we could pick it up. be a good start

Boo-urns, guy got back to me and it's not much of a discount.

Regular price is $359 + $35 Purolator in Calgary.

He came back with $1895 for 5 of them which is basically $15 off shipping. ( $359+$20 ) X 5 = $1895.

Cold deal, but I still think the bang for the buck of this seat is good.