Quantcast
Anyone know what Futureshop employees would pay for an ipad? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone know what Futureshop employees would pay for an ipad?

Default Anyone know what Futureshop employees would pay for an ipad?

The Apple website is offering $51.00 off their ipad pricing today only. I have been wanting to get one for my wife for Christmas but I have been waiting for a deal. My brother in law just started at future shop and said he could use his discount, but wont find out what that is until next week. Anyone know what it would be? I know that the discount varies on each item depending on markup, but is the Apple deal the best I will get until a new one comes out? I know they don't do sales too often so I don't want to miss out on this unless I know for sure the Employee discount at futureshop would be better than this. Any comments would be appreciated.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

imo if you can get a decent deal and NOT have to buy at futureshop then it's a win. I hate that shithole.....

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Honestly I doubt the discount is not much more then 10 to 20% and then you'll just pay tax on top and evironmnet fee, which I figure you'll dodge by ordering online.

Anyone also know if you have to pay brokerage on it? I called their 1800 number and the lady hung up on me when I asked? She said if engraved it ships from overseas to the US and then to Canada? Does that then mean I would have to pay brokerage? That was the point she hung up on me? You have to pay GST on it, so that is comparable, and if the discount for futureshop is %10-%20 that is a better deal than apple. I was just hoping that I could find a employee that could confirm if the employee discount would be better than the sale price.

I got an engraved iPod, shipped direct from China. I don't remember having to pay any brokerage fees. I think it just showed up and I had to sign for it. Done.

thanks for letting me know Dexlargo. That helps. I think you are probably correct that there shouldn't be any additional charges.

I don't work at FS but I recently bought an iPad through a friend who works there. He wasn't able to give his usual discount on the iPad itself. He had an open box one which he gave some 'extra' discount on - and even that apparently wasn't simple to do in the system. According to him - Apple products are hard to discount as the system doesn't allow it.

On the other hand - Apple accessories were discounted heavily. The Apple's sleeve/cover for the iPad was given to me for 16 bucks (retail 45) and the invisi-shield for 11 bucks (retail 40).

I would grab the iPad from the Apple site today.

My Ride
    4g63 powered

Cost plus 10 percent on anything

Yep, there's no staff discount on apple products. If you want an ipad prob best to get it from apple today.

I used to work at Best Buy (Same company as Futureshop) and there was no discounts on anything Apple.

Thanks guys. That is what I thought. I know usually the markup on these things is minimal and they make their money on the peripherals. I have ordered the 64gb from Apple. Hope she likes it. If not, i'm sure I can make good use of it...