Quantcast
How do you line up (at a store?) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you line up (at a store?)

My Ride
    Lease

Default How do you line up (at a store?)

Open opinion question, I'm pretty sure we've all encountered multiple versions of different possible positions on lining up at convenience stores, fast foods, etc...

I'm just not sure if I'm at fault here, partially, fully, or done nothing wrong...

- Morning 8am at 7-eleven in Douglas Dale on 24th Street SE

- As I walked in, two clerks were running the till, and each clerk had customers being serviced (2 customers)

- 1 "lady" (I'm calling her a bitch, not slander, just my opinion based on my experience with her)... that's CLEARLY TO ME AT THE TIME standing towards the inner store lane by the Doritos asle.

- So I lined up immediately behind (2 feet behind) the customer that the waiting bitch was NOT lining up for.

- Of course Murphy's law, the line I got forced to pick finished first.

- I go up to the counter, then this bitch cuts right in and gives her money to the clerk (I'm assuming for gas)...

- (and I did say something, instead of "just" whinning on the internet)... In front of the whole store I says: "Excuse me, weren't you waiting in THAT line???"

- Only thing she came up with was: "I wanna get outta here just as quick as you" (I and the clerk, and the other customer looked at her blankly)... then she got her change back: "And besides, I've been waiting here longer than you"

And the key thing is, yes, I understand some cases where there are TONS of people, it might be a case where a single file lane is required (BTW, no signs, the clerks didn't say single files or pick a line; and I actually went back to talk to the manager of the store, he apologized that they should had watched the lines better, there're no official polices single or line up each lane)

But if she's got the "rudeness" of cutting in, feeling that she's entitled to be next... why didn't she make it an importance when I first walked in, when I lined up 2 feet behind a lane... say something like: "Excuse, I'm lining up back here" or "Yea sorry, I've formed a single lane here, I'm waiting for the next avaliable clerk"

The bitch wasn't CLEAR that she was standing in the middle (HAD SHE stood in the center middle between the 2 lines, I totally would had said: "Excuse me are you lining up?" or "Excuse me which line are you in?") Then she could spit her reason (i.e. waiting for next avaliable, I'm late for work too, I've been waiting here first so I'm taking next avaliable cashier, etc...)

And really, she still could had somewhat politely "cut in" by saying "yea I'm SORRY, I've been waiting way before you got here, I got to get going" (and then give her money to my clerk)... but she choose to be a bitch doing what bitches do.

The thing that really upset me was that she wasn't even good looking, otherwise this wouldn't even made it to thread... fuckin' Justin Bieber haircut, Richard Simmons face with a Rosie o Donnell body...

Yes, honestly, you are fuckin' ugly... It's a FACT I think you're ugly ... I let cute chicks walk all over me all the time, but you, you're fuckin' bitch ugly.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

fuck I hate people like this, makes you want to bust out the old falcon punch

My Ride
    VAG products

What a cunt.

She must have moved quickly to get in front of you that fast lol

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I agree with you.

One way I can demonstrate another situation that enforces the rule is at the car wash.
    Just because my lane is slow doesn't give me the right to pull in the fast lane.

I can choose to switch lines, but I have to begin at the back of the line.

She was upset with the slow person in front of her and she took out her anger on you.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by pf0sh0
    What a cunt.

She must have moved quickly to get in front of you that fast lol
    I didn't see her fat ugly ass move, she just went on my left and handed the clerk her money... (then I looked at her and said what I had to) Sad thing was, I was grabbing smokes for the co-worker who I carpool with who was driving... so I wasn't even in the fuckin' store for my own shit.

My Ride
    VAG products

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

I didn't see her fat ugly ass move, she just went on my left and handed the clerk her money... (then I looked at her and said what I had to) Sad thing was, I was grabbing smokes for the co-worker who I carpool with who was driving... so I wasn't even in the fuckin' store for my own shit.
    lol don't worry. I'm sure karma will get her back.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by pf0sh0

lol don't worry. I'm sure karma will get her back.
    Yea, I hope she never gets laid in her life. And it sucks when ugly bitches do shit like that... But I understand that's life, like chicken and egg... she's grumpy cuz she can't get laid, she can't get laid cuz she's grumpy/bitchy. What if God was one of us, just a stranger on the bus.

My Ride
    VAG products

Just be happy you don't act/like/associate with tricks like that. and then life goes on

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

In my experience on the situation (which is mostly at the 7 11 by my house) there's always one single line and everyone lines up behind the person on the left (according to your pic). Who goes first depends on who has been waiting the longest. If someone were to start lining up behind the person on the right and expect to cut the line because of it, I'd be inclined to cut them off too.

But there really is no rhyme or reason about it. 99.9% of the time that's just how it's done at the 7 11 here.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

If they look too menacing to ask if they're in line, then it's their fault for being unapproachable, and I just hop in line. If the complain, I'll flat out say "oh, it didn't appear that you were waiting in line given your proximity to the cashier"

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    4g63 powered

Shoulda busted out the cunt-punt

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I simply dont care if people go out of order, its just nicer if they ask first.

I'm a single line guy, everywhere in Calgary should be single line. And everywhere I go its single line, so it feels like someone is making up their own rules when they pick a separate cashier.

My Ride
    NC1

The White side of you should have let her go first because you knew she was there first despite being two lines.

The Asian side of you did the right thing by not really giving a shit, and even saying something and causing a scene.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

EXACT same thing happened to me a couple of years ago while paying for my gas. I pumped an even amount, and literally had to put my money down on the counter and leave. There were two people at the tills - one on each. Then there is me behind one, and another guy behind the other. The guy in front of me finished up first, and I went to basically just slap my money down on the counter and leave when the guy who was 2nd in line on the other till literally stepped in front of me and pushed my hand away.

"I was here first pal". He says.

I made a comment or two to which he offered to "step outside" with me. We exchanged a few more words, he left and I went back to my truck shorty thereafter. As luck would have it, he was the one parked right in front of me in his gay-ass blue Miata, and made a point of raising the top and fumbling around behind his seats before leaving - making me wait for him. (There was another car behind me waiting to drive in, so I had no way leaving until he left too)

It really pissed me off - especially considering I outweighed the guy by a good 40-50 pounds... he had some balls. (Despite driving a Miata)

Last edited by kaput; 04-01-2019 at 11:04 PM.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Default Re: How do you line up (at a store?)

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    ...The thing that really upset me was that she wasn't even good looking, otherwise this wouldn't even made it to thread... fuckin' Justin Bieber haircut, Richard Simmons face with a Rosie o Donnell body...

Yes, honestly, you are fuckin' ugly... It's a FACT I think you're ugly ... I let cute chicks walk all over me all the time, but you, you're fuckin' bitch ugly.

Originally posted by kaput
    I had a slightly different situation happen to me about a year ago when I was trying to buy a lotto ticket for one of the big jackpots. Just for fun I started going mental patient on the guy, slapping my own head and screaming and eventually chasing him for a lap around the chip aisle throwing chocolate bars at him. I didn't end up getting my lottery tickets but it was worth it.

My Ride
    NC1

Tomco are you upset that you got pwned by a fat bitch? Shit happens man.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Well the way you described it she does seem like a bitch. If she thought there was 1 line for 2 servers she should have said something right when you were stood there in the first place.

Now in reality the best line-up logical people form with multiple "stations" servicing customers is one single line with the next customer going to the first open server. (random shit you learn in university)

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

I think you were both in the wrong. She was standing far enough back to be in either line. BUT she should have politely told you that there was only one line.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

Single lines FTW. I don't like people who create their own second lines.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast