Quantcast
What have you been fired for? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: What have you been fired for?

Now that squishy has a photo up not sure if anyone cares anymore. I have only been fired once.

I was 22, cocky, and didnt have a clue what I was doing. Working at a big company my manager was totally shit and didnt give me any direction. I sat on the otherside of the building from my team and I was a doing landman work and I am an electrical engineer. I did try for like 2 months but after 2 months of sitting there and doing NOTHING I started to go a little crazy. I started reading beyond too much, started doing research on my car, so on and so forth. By the end if the day was boring I would go home and log into my webmail and sit there.

They called me in a week before the end of my probation and told me they wouldnt be extending it. Honestly I was SHOCKED. It has taken me almost 3 years to really figure out exactly what has happened. It is really just a big ball drop on everyone involved.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Never fired! Death before dishonor!

I would have gotten a new job but nothing worked out fast enough. I had a feeling but I didnt know exactly what was going to happen.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Question:

You guys ever had a Boss who "protects" the males and lets the women go when shit hits the fan?

Few Women fired from my plant because shit got out of control when they were fucking around with the dudes.

Hahah.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by Darkane
    Question:

You guys ever had a Boss who "protects" the males and lets the women go when shit hits the fan?

Few Women fired from my plant because shit got out of control when they were fucking around with the dudes.

Hahah.
    hahaha...

No. But ive worked for numerous employers who swore they would never ever hire a woman, due to big ego's.

My Ride
    growls

Originally posted by Cos
    Now that squishy has a photo up not sure if anyone cares anymore. I have only been fired once.
    You can't see anything really so I'm ok

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ ya all the pervs want a better pic

My Ride
    growls

If they want anything better they'll have to see me in person at a beyond meet or something.... otherwise...

beyond...where the rapists lurk

My Ride
    DC2

Ill post pics of squishy for a price, pm for paypal account

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Squishy
    If they want anything better they'll have to see me in person at a beyond meet or something.
    Beyond meet at Squishy's place? Win win!

My Ride
    growls

errol, i'm sure someone on here knows where you live.. try me.. hahah..

My Ride
    DC2

Pfft, i bet someone on here knows where you live!
    You got nothing

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by revelations

Ya that part I never understood working for a union....in the mornings I'd arrive at 7:30:00.0 am, and then our crew would spend 90 minutes in Tim Hortons sitting around reading the paper
    being a cop right?

I got let go from a job selling cars because they found out somehow I was a University student and wasn't planning on making it a career and September 1st, I was quitting. They let me go 4 days in advance from the 90 day period. I sold tons of cars every month though and they offered me an assistant managers position if I stayed. I didn't so they said don't come in tomorrow. Got a great reference still though.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride

Originally posted by 911fever
    being a cop right?
    No, Enmax.

Oddly enough, the CPS guys would be there sometimes in the mornings as well, but never that long.

Originally posted by revelations

No, Enmax.

Oddly enough, the CPS guys would be there sometimes in the mornings as well, but never that long.
    What a surprise.

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

I have only been fired from one job.

I used to work at Canyon Meadows Golf & Country Club for 3 years. One night during a huge dinner function (they were serving freshly made food at certain holes on the course), and it was my co-worker and I's job to go around to each hole on the course that had a food set up (big tables, tents and bbqs) and load them in this trailer and bring it back to the clubhouse storage. There were 5 set ups on the course, probably a total of 12 8 foot tables, 4 tents and 4 bbq's and some random chairs and shit.

Long story short, my co-worker and I decided to just grab as much liquor as we could from each set up. We completed tearing down and brining back 3/5 set ups, but after the 3rd we were drunk as fuck. I remember calling a buddy to pick me up so I could bail before I got caught wasted. I got out of there before caught getting but my co-worker wasn't so lucky. He got caught because he was yelling in the basement about losing his phone (it was in his locker the whole time), and sure enough the general manager comes down, co-worker is obviously heavily intoxicated, and 2/5 set ups weren't brought back and I was nowhere to be found.

They couldn't prove that I was drunk, but given the state of my co-worker, and our job not getting done. I show up at 7AM the very next morning (after a night of puking), only to get fired.

I didn't give a shit though, had a shit load of cash in the bank, and was starting University in 2 weeks. Doesn't even matter that I lost my summer job, I'm either starting at Nexen as a summer student in the land department or Felesky Flynn LLP doing filing this summer.
    Last edited by cjay^; 12-02-2010 at 11:52 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by JimmyBurner
    What a surprise.
    I mean for us it was ridiculous - 90 minute coffees. That was in a league of its own.

The CPS guys were usually only n for 15-20 min unless a call came in - and certainly not every day like us.

They are allowed breaks just like anyone else.

Only from retail jobs that I didn't care about... Is it considered quitting or termination if you just stop showing up? lol.

In other news, anyone hiring? :p

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6