Quantcast
US refugees entering Canada. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: US refugees entering Canada.

Default US refugees entering Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/...er-canada.html

Here they come. It used to be draft dodgers, nowadays is penniless sub-primers. Quebec is harboring them, better learn to eat poutine and speak French fast you A'mexricans.

I think there should be some sort of restriction saying that if you are around a million dollars in debt you are not allowed into Canada until you have paid off at least 3% (standard bankrupcty rate) in your country of origin *cough* Ireland *cough*
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

So they're Mexican refugees. We'd be foolish not to take them. They have great work ethic, good family values, and no majorly imposing ideas of what "right" is.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

A few sure, not a problem for a few. I'm not heartless.

But about 2 million extended EI takers will be cut off in the US in December. Meaning "The last EI cheque" literally, one more tango and then everyone bails on the country.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/30/news...fits/index.htm

It could get ugly out there. Although if anyone actually takes to trek into Canada in the freezing January over an unguarded (and potentially weather lethal) crossing they probably deserve consideration.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-30-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

The fact is they have realized that the US is starting to treat the problem seriously and they face a very real penalty for their illegal actions. Canada doesn't have the same laws so the problem will now move north.

I have no issue with immigration, so long as its done legally and fairly. If you get turned away at a legitimate border crossing or get told you can't be admitted, that does not give someone the right to break the law to take what was refused.
    Last edited by FraserB; 11-30-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by CUG
    So they're Mexican refugees. We'd be foolish not to take them. They have great work ethic, good family values, and no majorly imposing ideas of what "right" is.
    What a curious idea, that different peoples do not hold passionately held values.

Try to put it in Julio's daughter's his-pan-hole, and you'll get an imposing lesson in what is "right".

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by LollerBrader

What a curious idea, that different peoples do not hold passionately held values.
    Hey, I'm all for groups of people who are willing to integrate

Well, if they sing "God save the Queen" and can forget about the US flag, I guess they can apply as a refugee.

Might have to re-open some of the mines. I'd still prefer a Chilean or Chinese geologist though. Someone who will find the mine, instead of work in it. Reserves are princely.

Mixed in with those 2 million "extended" unemployment peeps are of course white peeps (and black peeps)

The Amexricans will have to change their language from Spanglish to Frenglish, which may take some time.

Send 'em to Newfieland I say!

BTW: I blame (not Rob Anders) global warming. Because you have to know that at 45 celsius the limit of human tolerance for heat, everyone starts seeing 0 to - 20 as an icy perfectly clean water and air heaven. Yes, I'm talking to you Texan billionaires too.

"McImmigrant or Muslim Immigrant. I think I'll take my chances with the one that won't put a half million dollars on a credit card." - Unnamed.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-01-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by ZenOps

BTW: I blame (not Rob Anders) global warming. Because you have to know that at 45 celsius the limit of human tolerance for heat

In what sense? It was routinely 50C plus in the middle east, and I loved it. I was in vegas over august and it hit 140F. YOU CRAZY OLD MAN