Quantcast
Cheap carwashes in your area - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap carwashes in your area

Default Cheap carwashes in your area

Used to live in Bridgeland , I prefer wash bays to drive-through washes, but the Bridgeland carwash at Edmonton Trail and 1st ave is a rip off IMO, plus usually pretty busy.

Was at partsource in the NE so stopped by this place, Beaver Dam Gas, (5216 6 St Ne) they charge 60c a minute and have nice big bays. Each bay does not have its own doors so it's not very cold inside. It's never very busy either in my experience.

It's right around here, just head east past partsource then north at the t intersection and you will see it on your right hand side. (large building)

Post up any cheap carwashes in your area, with winter here I know we are all sweating bullets about all the salt on the roads.

(i am not affiliated with beaver dam carwash in any way )

My Ride
    Blue boy

Centex on 52 St just south of 17 Ave. $1 for 1 minute and 50 seconds

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Douglasdale Carwash

I buy the prepay cards for extra savings. It's close to my work (I basically work across the street), open till midnight.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=d...sh&hnear=&z=16
    Beyond's Most Wanted

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I use the Shell gas station in Deer Valley. It costs me all of $4.50 to wash a F350 crew cab, doing a full wash.

On my car its $3.00, and not even a buck for a quick decent hose off (all you need in this weather)
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    Centex on 52 St just south of 17 Ave. $1 for 1 minute and 50 seconds
    I came here to post this, I've yet to find a cheaper place to wash my car in the area.

EM1FTW is offline I'm a fag because only fags love Hondas
    My Ride
    EM1 yo!

Any cheap 24hrs ones?
    Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Kinda like this morning when I wanted to tell my GF to pass the sugar and it came out "You fucking bitch, you've ruined my life."

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I hate the 10 @ 10 car wash now they are owned by Koreans. Total rip offs, and 2 dollar minimum. The old guy who used to own it was great.

Unfortunately, that one is super close to me, but I try to avoid it if I can.

The one on Harvest Hills near T&T is nice. I love the pressure there! Great for easily removing stickers LOL.

Originally posted by Disoblige

The one on Harvest Hills near T&T is nice. I love the pressure there! Great for easily removing stickers LOL.
    Thats where i usually go but its pricey $1/min. Sandstone Esso is $1/2.5mins.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

For 24 hours, I personally like to wash my car in the middle of the night, where the roads are empty, so other cars don't shoot shit at my car while im driving home with a clean car, also its empty so i take my sweet as time in there drying my car off. Ive litterally seen a guy take like 2 hours waxing his car in there, well i was in there for an hour and he was already there prior to me.
    I go to the one in brisbois i think u call it, just off charleswood, by the university there, where the big coop and safeway are

My Ride
    M3|TDI|EK

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I hate the 10 @ 10 car wash now they are owned by Koreans. Total rip offs, and 2 dollar minimum. The old guy who used to own it was great.

Unfortunately, that one is super close to me, but I try to avoid it if I can.

I know what you mean about the one on 10th and 10th. The old guy's son was the one who converted the system to a $2 minimum, installed credit card swipers, and added a ton of video cameras. The good thing now is the new Korean owners have never complained about me taking my sweet time drying the car in the bay when no one else is around. The previous owner hired guys who used to always complain and close early.

I've been to ~10 car washes around the city and they're all about $1 for 90 seconds. It's not so much the car wash as your ability to wash. Here's a tip I learned from my dad: If you want to do a quick $2 "winter wash", change the selector knob near the end of the time to rinse at the end of the soap cycle. Then when you rinse you have clear water coming out instead of waiting for it to change.

My Ride
    boosted awd

Originally posted by copynpaste

Thats where i usually go but its pricey $1/min. Sandstone Esso is $1/2.5mins.
    Same area as tnt? because there's the one across the street to. I like the one right near tnt because you can use quarters, good place to offload a wack load of change.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

what about washing your car in your driveway in the winter? my street is pure ice anyway don't see how a quick rinse would do much harm and my hose is in the garage so it won't freeze.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

I always get her done at the Bowness car wash. Cheap as hell and if I remember correctly it's open 24 hours.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by black13
    what about washing your car in your driveway in the winter? my street is pure ice anyway don't see how a quick rinse would do much harm and my hose is in the garage so it won't freeze.
    knock yourself out! please post pics of the damages after you slide out and hit something, of which you inevitably will unless you have a heated driveway.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Wow 2.5 minutes for only $1 at esso in sandstone!? That's a wicked price, I'm gonna check it out next time I'm washing my car. Hopefully it's not a 'you get what you paid for' kind of deal.

I usually go to the one by T&T or Centex. I prefer the Centex one much more since it's less busy, longer time per dollar, more choices, and heated (not sure if T&T one is heated or not) only thing keeping me from going there every time is the distance.
    I went to the T&T one on Saturday to wash my car and holy crap never seen so many cars waiting to wash their cars before, didn't bother waiting and went to Centex one (was heading South anyways so kinda on the way) and didn't even have to wait.
    Last edited by gyu; 12-06-2010 at 11:44 PM.

I find using a credit card is always cheaper.
    Sometimes you have to take a chance, whether that be on someone, or something!

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I like Centex on Centre street. Easy to get in, heated, curbs on the sides. Soap is soapy, and also have option of RainX and good wax.

I live near the Esso in Sandstone. Not as soapy and don't have the fancy features like Centex.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    I like Centex on Centre street. Easy to get in, heated, curbs on the sides. Soap is soapy, and also have option of RainX and good wax.

I live near the Esso in Sandstone. Not as soapy and don't have the fancy features like Centex.
    I live in sandstone as well, and my thoughts exactly. id rather drive further then to go to the esso, i hate it for whatever reason, just probably cuz im picky.

the shell in crowfoot is pretty decent, get a card pay when u leave.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

There are 2 car washes near T&T in Harvest hills. I personally like the one accross the street because the pressure of the water down there is strong and actually acts like a brush almost. I find other places to have weak pressure so you end up washing longer and it doesn't clean as much.

My Ride
    girl car

Originally posted by Prelude_dude
    For 24 hours, I personally like to wash my car in the middle of the night, where the roads are empty, so other cars don't shoot shit at my car while im driving home with a clean car, also its empty so i take my sweet as time in there drying my car off. Ive litterally seen a guy take like 2 hours waxing his car in there, well i was in there for an hour and he was already there prior to me.
    I go to the one in brisbois i think u call it, just off charleswood, by the university there, where the big coop and safeway are
    its called a dog/wash thing.. haha by kilkennys. i like it was close to my highschool and now close to uofc

also the car wash across the street from t&t lasts wayyyy longer than the one adjacent to the tire place. Havent really timed it but its atleast a good 30 sec +

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast