Quantcast
filling report at CPS for non-emergencies - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: filling report at CPS for non-emergencies

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Default filling report at CPS for non-emergencies

So I was going to report some asshat trying to sideswipe me last night. Phoned the non-emergency line when I got home, the operator took some information from me but I was told that I have to see an officer to file an actual report. No problem, it makes sense I guess. Then she told me that someone can come to my house within the next 5hrs. It was 11 at night, I didn't want anyone knocking on my door at 3 in the morning. She understood and told me to do it tomorrow.

So me being a smartass, figured that it would be easier for everybody to file the report at an district office. I went there and the officer told me that they can't do anything there. I can either wait there for hours or wait for them to come to me. So this being such a pain in the butt to report someone, I'm not going to move forward.

Nothing personal against the operator and the officer I talked to as they have their job to do. Why can't they make it easier for people to report? It's really not convenient for me to wait for hours without knowing when someone is gonna show up. Last thing I want is an officer looking for me at work while I'm not there. IMO, the system isn't working if that's the way it's done.

Asshat, consider this my x'mas present to you, so merry freaking x'mas!

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

It's just cause people would probably be lined up reporting the stupidest shit. There would be a huge back log of grandmas and concerned mothers reporting stuff that isn't even worth talking about... They gotta make it a bit of hassle so only the worth while reports make it through haha

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's a lot quicker to report a drunk driver. I did it on one of my neighbors last winter.
    1) Call 911.
    2) give report over phone
    3) actual cop calls you back to let you know how it went.

at least that's how it worked for me. Was pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

i would just let it go, i almost get lane changed into like 50 times a day, it happens, i let it go
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I normally would let it go but this time this person was going to run into me on purpose as I was on my horn for 10 secs. Didn't slow down, not even a slight change in direction.

Me being a good boy trying not to abuse the system ended up getting abused by the system. Abuse while you can I guess is the moral of the story.

The issue is that if there us a suspect then a follow-up investigation is needed. The front counter cops are either injured and on modified duties or old timers riding out their time to retirement. What should have happenned is that the front counter guy take the initial report and it would be assigned to a patrol member. Personally I've seen old-balls on the counter spend longer explaining why they can't take a report than it actually would to write it up.

If there is a decent admin SGT there they usually crack the whip when they see guys sluffing calls, but some of these crusty-fucks are so lazy it's unbelievable.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

Originally posted by DayGlow
    If there is a decent admin SGT there they usually crack the whip when they see guys sluffing calls, but some of these crusty-fucks are so lazy it's unbelievable.

I would have called 911 if it was intentional as you say it was. I would have took that as a threat of harm against myself and my occupants. Also i would have considered the person to potentially a threat to someone else.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by 410440

agree'd

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I don't think collision is the primary objective but it's definitely an option for that person.

The officer at the station told me that they have to make sure that I'll testify if I have to, that's why it's done this way. Then he said "I know it doesn't make sense".
    No shit it doesn't make sense. All I need is someone to write down the information that I have, you don't have to investigate right away, you can even pretend then throw away the paperwork for all I care but telling people off is very discouraging. May be they should put a sign up saying "don't come in unless you've been chopped in halves or shot at or about to, otherwise an officer should come to you any where from 10 min to 10hours".

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

its probably because policemen hate doing paperwork so they make it as hard and inconvenient as possible

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by lilmira
    I don't think collision is the primary objective but it's definitely an option for that person.

The officer at the station told me that they have to make sure that I'll testify if I have to, that's why it's done this way. Then he said "I know it doesn't make sense".
    No shit it doesn't make sense. All I need is someone to write down the information that I have, you don't have to investigate right away, you can even pretend then throw away the paperwork for all I care but telling people off is very discouraging. May be they should put a sign up saying "don't come in unless you've been chopped in halves or shot at or about to, otherwise an officer should come to you any where from 10 min to 10hours".
    Curious, which district office was this?

Last edited by J-hop; 05-24-2018 at 07:39 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

When i was younger someone called the police on me because I was driving like an idiot (i was 17 and foolish).

The officer called me, told me to slow it down and that was that. Not much that can be done unless they receive multiple calls.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride

Originally posted by J-hop

yea a few years ago I was eating a quick dinner with some friends in a parking lot. Some white trash couple was crushing beers just outside their van. Not wanting them to drive drunk we called the cops as we were sitting in the car. Lady on the other end thought it wasn't an emergency so she said she'd send a car in the next HOUR or so to check it out. Eventually they got in their van and went to drive off, so we called back and gave a description of the vehicle. The person we got on the line this time agreed with our concern and sent a car after them as we followed them out and gave them the heading of the vehicle. They called back 30mins later to say they had stopped the vehicle and the driver was arrested.

Some times you get some real clowns working behind the desk, had the lady the first time actually given a shit these individuals would have never been able to drive drunk in the first place, but I guess in their defense you do probably get a shit load of false calls from paranoid people all day
    Drinking in public - even next to your vehicle - isnt a high priority during most nights. This is a summary conviction offense only (if memory serves).

Now had they been parked and drinking INSIDE their vehicle, the CPS wouldve come a lot sooner.

Welcome to our wierd criminal system.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by revelations

Drinking in public - even next to your vehicle - isnt a high priority during most nights. This is a summary conviction offense only (if memory serves).

Now had they been parked and drinking INSIDE their vehicle, the CPS wouldve come a lot sooner.

Welcome to our wierd criminal system.
    What about a single vehicle crash thats obviously booze related? Behind my condo building there is a big parking lot. One night I hear a smash and look outside. Some guy in a truck drove over one of the logs uses to seperate parking lanes (it was moved about 85 feet) then got hung up on another log just feet from the street. And he just sat there. Security and I went out to check on him (thought maybe he had a medical issue) and he was passed out in the drivers seat. Called the cops, they showed up. There was a beer bottle beside his truck and it took them 3 minutes to wake him up. He was HAMMERED. After the cops spoke with him for 5 minutes they told him to get lost and said they were impounding his truck. They let him walk away! I would have thought that would have been enough to arrest him but I guess he HAS to be driving? Pretty sure the engine was still on...his wiper blades were going...

My Ride

Originally posted by frizzlefry

What about a single vehicle crash thats obviously booze related? Behind my condo building there is a big parking lot. One night I hear a smash and look outside. Some guy in a truck drove over one of the logs uses to seperate parking lanes (it was moved about 85 feet) then got hung up on another log just feet from the street. And he just sat there. Security and I went out to check on him (thought maybe he had a medical issue) and he was passed out in the drivers seat. Called the cops, they showed up. There was a beer bottle beside his truck and it took them 3 minutes to wake him up. He was HAMMERED. After the cops spoke with him for 5 minutes they told him to get lost and said they were impounding his truck. They let him walk away! I would have thought that would have been enough to arrest him but I guess he HAS to be driving? Pretty sure the engine was still on...his wiper blades were going...
    Did they even make him blow?

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by revelations

Did they even make him blow?
    Nope. They were sure pissed though. One of them said "Don't speak rap to me! This is Calgary not LA!" and when they told him to get lost it was worded "Now shut up and fuck off! Your truck is getting impounded." I approached one of the officers and asked if he was drunk and he replied "Oh yeah, he's wasted." So I assumed they were so pissed because they wanted to arrest him but he was not technically caught driving so they couldn't. Could they?

^He doesn't have to be driving. He could be convicted of impaired care and control of the vehicle. There is a presumption in the criminal code that a person occupying the driver's seat of the vehicle has care and control of the vehicle.

Care and Control is a farce in Calgary courts. I've had a guy passed out in a running vehicle with an open beer between his legs sitting on someone's front lawn thrown out because we couldn't prove that the car would have moved if he was suddenly starled since it was in park.

It would be a conviction in other courts, but Calgary has some weird caselaw.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast