Quantcast
Scammed out of $200 on eBay from a guy in NB (Brian Anderson). Fun with Scammer... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammed out of $200 on eBay from a guy in NB (Brian Anderson). Fun with Scammer...

Default Scammed out of $200 on eBay from a guy in NB (Brian Anderson). Fun with Scammer...

Alright guys here's my story. Only been scammed for $200 but still, stuff like this gets on my nerve.

Bought two pairs of Bose On-Ear headphones from a guy (from Campbellton, NB) on eBay and just received them today. This guy appears to have sold quite a few of these headphones already and his other listing could possibly be fraudulent as well. His eBay username is "keysbt". I happened to find his Kijiji ad here:

http://newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-View...j1NgoT8fMRALU*

After filing a PayPal dispute, I called him up from my Google number and pretended like I was interested, trying to see if we could meet up (mostly trying to find his real address since the address he used to ship these is probably fake). The guy was refusing to meet up at his house and started getting very suspicious and rude...pretty much threatening. Then I reveal to him that I was the guy who bought these headphones from him previously and would like my money back...which probably wasnt the best idea cause now he was all over the place. Nevertheless, all I am doing is asking for my money back. I'm most likely going to be able to get it back from PayPal or by filing a credit card dispute. But still, this guy is a total jerk and wants to do things the hard way by spewing crap about how now IM the one threatening him and that "this phone call is being recorded", plus other bullshit bluffs. Pretty much trying to make me jump through as many PayPal loops as I can. This guy clearly does not appear to be dumb and probably knows the system well.

Also, he is scamming countless number of other people with his fake products. I am in the process of contacting EVERYONE he sold his fake Bose headphones to on eBay, but unfortunately eBay limits you 5 messages per day. There are roughly 10-20 other people who bought this from him (look at his seller feedback) who I would contact if it wasnt for this 5 msg/day limitation.

15 mins after calling him and telling him what I know about him, he finally agrees to let me have a refund if I ship these back to him. Personally, I dont want to have to pay for this douchebag's mistake so does anyone have suggestions on what I can do now? This guy is just going to continue to scam people and there's gonna be a few Little Johnnys out there who are going to wake up with fake Bose headphones for Christmas. What would Beyond do?
    Last edited by nobb; 12-19-2010 at 12:46 AM.

My Ride
    is in storage, due to the recession!!!

Any Beyond members in NB, help this brother out?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Can you contact Ebay to have him blocked as a seller?

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

How do you know they're fake?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Called Bose up. There is no serial number on the headphones itself.

Box is made up of very cheap cardboard, the box and included printouts are low quality and looks like it came from some guy's printer, headphones itself are made from cheap plastic and feels flimsy, headphone extension cord does not have the Bose logo and is smaller/cheaper plastic (I've seen the real cord).

It's actually a quite well done fake and would be hard to tell if you didnt look very carefully.

Btw, doing a search, it looks like he lives on Dieppe Street

and Modelexis:

http://americano212.webs.com/index.htm

Wrong link... one sec

EDIT: The one I referred to is IE. I can't find any OE ones but from the example of the IE should explain everything.
    Last edited by PulsePro; 12-18-2010 at 10:28 PM.

The OE's must be a new generation of fakes. I was aware that the IE's had fakes, and if you look on Kijiji there's clearly a few scammers there trying to flip the fake as real. Didn't think the OEs had fakes too.

How did you come up with him living on Dieppe Street? The shipping address I got from the package (and also the address he wants me to return these to) is Notredame St.

If the cord of the headphones isn't black and white (trade mark for Bose headphones) they are fake.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Does his Ebay ad state that they are authentic?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Only the in-ear ones have the black and white cord. The eBay ad technically does not state that these are authentic.

He lists these ads on eBay constantly every week:
    http://shop.ebay.ca/keysbt/m.html?_n...&_trksid=p3686

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I don't think eBay will do anything since he never stated these are authentic.

But hopefully you get a refund
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by nobb
    The OE's must be a new generation of fakes. I was aware that the IE's had fakes, and if you look on Kijiji there's clearly a few scammers there trying to flip the fake as real. Didn't think the OEs had fakes too.

How did you come up with him living on Dieppe Street? The shipping address I got from the package (and also the address he wants me to return these to) is Notredame St.
    From his other ads, I retraced the postal code and it led me to Dieppe Street. Hope that helps

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Originally posted by PulsePro

From his other ads, I retraced the postal code and it led me to Dieppe Street. Hope that helps
    He lives at 10 Dieppe Street, Campbellton, NB E3N 2Z2, Canada

What the...how did you get that? I was a bit suspicious at first of the address he wanted me to mail these back to. Going to call up PayPal tomorrow and/or my credit card company. Would rather ship these to PayPal's office directly for examination or get some sort of statement from a professional appraiser.

Edit: Looks like I now may have been reported to eBay for being "aggressive and harassing" by calling him at his home.
    Last edited by nobb; 12-19-2010 at 12:00 AM.

did u ask him if they are fake? if you didnt then its ur mess up not his, and if in his adds he doesnt state that they are real or not then u bought ur self some fake head phones my friend good job

"Item is new in box and will ship out with express post when payment clears.Tracking # to follow These headphones sound and look fantastic.You wont be dissapointed."

with what he states in the red, u should of known these arent real
    Last edited by Jetta-2.0; 12-19-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Originally posted by nobb
    What the...how did you get that? I was a bit suspicious at first of the address he wanted me to mail these back to. Going to call up PayPal tomorrow and/or my credit card company. Would rather ship these to PayPal's office directly for examination or get some sort of statement from a professional appraiser.

Edit: Looks like I now may have been reported to eBay for being "aggressive and harassing" by calling him at his home.
    Paypal isn't going to do shit. File a claim with Paypal saying the item is fake. See what happens with them over the next 30 days. If you don't get your moneyback then file a chargeback with your credit card company.

My Ride

Originally posted by dj_rice
    I don't think eBay will do anything since he never stated these are authentic.

But hopefully you get a refund
    Does he have to actually say they are authentic? He uses the brand name over and over again and i'm pretty sure the UPC code he is listing for the product is the legitimate bose UPC from the real headphones.

edit: if he's selling fakes he's breaking the rules for sure:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html
    Last edited by tictactoe2004; 12-19-2010 at 01:36 AM.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    X100 | A80

First mistake was buying bose headphones.
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by roopi

Paypal isn't going to do shit. File a claim with Paypal saying the item is fake. See what happens with them over the next 30 days. If you don't get your moneyback then file a chargeback with your credit card company.
    When someone does shit like this to me, I file a claim and said I never recieved the item

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Kardon
    First mistake was buying bose headphones.
    Agreed, Bose = Over marketed crap.

even in a best case scenario - you were at best wasting your money.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast