Quantcast
Major :facepalm: - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Major :facepalm:

Default Major :facepalm:

Just tied up the last job of the year. All my receivables came in. Nothing until Jan 3rd....so its home to relax for two weeks, right?...WRONG!!!! Coming out of Auburn Bay heading home, I'm turning right, following a Cadillac no less...and I fucking rear ended her!!!!! I'm driving a 7,000 lb F350 one-ton Van. Fuck me.

There's no stop sign, its a merge type lane, with your own lane...and no one even coming from the other way. I'm looking back to make sure, and she decides to stop...dead. Whamo!! God....this is gonnna cost me.

Here's where it happened: intersection

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Hahaha crap like this happens to everyone so don't feel too bad, I managed to back my company van(E250) into the front of a parked car because I couldn't see it in my mirrors, it was parked in front of a gravel truck and I didn't recall seeing it there when I was approaching my van, I was looking in both mirrors as I was backing up, nothing in the passenger mirror and could only see the truck in my driverside mirror, came to a somewhat abrupt stop and knew instantly what had happened, pulled forward, got out and there it is, an 07 Buick Lucerne, FML, that car isn't small either.

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

I'm sorry for laughing at your pain...
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    some blue car

This happens all the time, dumbass people do full out stops when they have their own lane.
    The best example is going west on Glenmore and turning right go to north on Macleod, People stop there all the time even though it can not be clearer that they have their own lane.
    You just can't assume other people know what they're doing.

My Ride
    VAG products

I know exactly where that is and that is for sure a shitty buzz.

Originally posted by PureDeXteritY
    This happens all the time, dumbass people do full out stops when they have their own lane.
    The best example is going west on Glenmore and turning right go to north on Macleod, People stop there all the time even though it can not be clearer that they have their own lane.

I think a lot of people stop there because they're afraid some fuck ass is going to turn right into that lane (people coming from glenmore east turning onto macleod north)

My Ride
    Blue boy

People in this city can''t drive worth shit. Some guy tried stopping on Deerfoot S to Memorial W where it's the same type of thing. People turning get their own lane on Memorial. Some idiot in a minivan was trying to stop and I honked at him, he felt the need to keep breaking checking me on Memorial even though I was 2-3 car lengths behind him. When I pulled up beside him at a red light, it was some young douche with his girlfriend. Wouldn't even look my way

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Shame about the accident as accidents go, but I think you will agree there could have very easily been a child crossing in front of the Caddy. You need to be paying attention, you are driving a bloody tank, following too close is not cool. I go through six merge intersections a day, half the time someone has stopped for no reason other than being a bad driver. I see at least an accident a month, both parties are at fault.

Getting any bodywork done in this city is difficult until May in my experience, with all the hail damage and winter accidents.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 08:58 PM.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by PureDeXteritY

I HATE when people do that in that spot.

50% are stupid and scared to go even though they have their own lane....

Other 50% are stopping waiting (holding up traffic) until the lights change so they can fly across 3 lanes to get into Chinook...
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    DA6, R59

I feel for ya, accidents suck!

Last thursday, i was leaving work in crowfoot shopping center and i was behind a VW Jetta going through the traffic circle. My fault totally for not seeing the pedestrian crossing infront of him, he hit his brakes and i saw that right away and managed to avoid a pretty good collision with his car. However i did clip his rear right side of the bumper with with my fender... $1800 in damage later later to my car and just a scratch on his, but it was better that then the pedestrian.

And here i was up for renewal in March for a 6 star driving record...

damn, hate it when that happens, like in a merge lane when you're looking over your shouler, then 'bam' old lady ahead of you stopped only 5 ft away!

anyways, make sure to tell them clearly that you were "already slowing down", and that she came to a "sudden & complete stop", stressing those 2 points (make a police statment) will be pivotal to your insurance company too
    "Drive your business, let not your business drive you" ~ Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-01-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Originally posted by Muji
    Shame about the accident as accidents go, but I think you will agree there could have very easily been a child crossing in front of the Caddy. You need to be paying attention, you are driving a bloody tank, following too close is not cool. I go through six merge intersections a day, half the time someone has stopped for no reason other than being a bad driver. I see at least an accident a month, both parties are at fault.

Getting any bodywork done in this city is difficult until May in my experience, with all the hail damage and winter accidents.
    you're right, I have no one to blame but myself except for the fact that I looked up ahead in that lane for that very reason. It was all clear. She slowed...then started to go, as did I, and at that time I look over my left shoulder to make sure no one is coming into our lane, and THEN she stops. Dead. No one was coming and no one was in front of her. I have over 30 years of driving. Both commercial and private. I wasn't following too close.
    All that being said, it's still my fault, but not for the reason you're implying. She offered to give me the option of paying privately. A new Caddy?! I thanked her and said "noooo I think I'll let insurance handle it" lol.
    I'll give her credit for having enough sense to drive up ahead so we could both pull off the road instead of tying up traffic. She was cool about everything.

My Ride
    '66 VW, 2011 C30

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    That sucks, I don't know what some people are thinking coming to a stop at locations like that.

I almost did this to some stupid ass woman a few months ago; she started to go... I followed, shoulder checked to make sure I had a clear lane and looked forward again just in time to see that she had come to a sudden complete halt at the end of the merge lane... for no fucking reason. WTF!
    The sign isn't there in that photo but it is actually a yield sign and not a merge. However it is setup like it will become a merge lane and I know exactly where C_Dave is coming from...every morning 80% of the time one person has come to a complete stop with absolutely no on coming traffic when I'm leaving.

Yield signs are not stop signs, and merge signs aren't yield signs arggh.... I feel for you C_Dave and hopefully it settles quickly and painlessly!

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Sorry to hear bro. Maybe your insurance will give you a freebie

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

CDave, sorry to hear it man. That's a difficult way to end the work year. Fist bumps bro.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    That sucks, I don't know what some people are thinking coming to a stop at locations like that.

I almost did this to some stupid ass woman a few months ago; she started to go... I followed, shoulder checked to make sure I had a clear lane and looked forward again just in time to see that she had come to a sudden complete halt at the end of the merge lane... for no fucking reason. WTF!
    this happened to me twice on deerfoot
    once trying to get to the turn off for 32nd the guy came to a complete stop on deerfoot so he could wait for the right lane to clear
    another time this other asshat stopped in the right lane of deerfoot to allow the people coming from mcknight to deerfoot north could merge
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Exact same thing happened to me 3 years ago. Luckily she was driving a POS and told me to just have a Merry Christmas after, as it was no big deal!

My Ride
    rally pig

sorry to hear dave!

this is one of the reasons why I get scared when I'm the front passenger and driver likes to tailgate and even braking late. sure he/she may be a good driver but what about 99% of Calgary drivers?

these are pet peeves
    -stopping on merge lanes
    -slow drivers occupying the fast lane and not moving when
    someone faster is incoming
    -people that doesn't know that they don't need half a block before they can change lane

My Ride
    S14|TB1

such a pet peeve, ppl who stop in posted yellow merge lanes, some ppl's time coordination goes completely out the window and they panic and stop. i demand mandatory driver's tests every 3-5 years for everyone with a class 5, weed out the weak/habitual bad drivers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast