Quantcast
Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Default Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

The crackheads across the street are increasingly becoming a nuisance, and it looks like it's going to be the lesser of headaches to get rid of them.

They're renters. What is the process to go about finding out the landlord's contact information?

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

I had the same situation before, call the cops as often as possible. The police non-emergency line will know as soon as you call who you are calling about, they keeps records and are quick to ask if it involves the same people as previous calls. Call the city and complain about noise, garbage issues, open pit fire with burning lumber, rats (that gets them going), some family living in a tent in the backyard, people living in the garage, snow/ice removal (make the fuckers take every sliver of ice and snow off the sidewalks), unregistered vehicles, parking violations, etc. For a while you will have the city, police, etc on speed dial. Eventually the city starts fining the owner, slumlords hate paying bills for their tenants and start evicting. The owner of the property I had issues with is a well known real estate/developer lawyer, who would have thought? Freaking lawyers, first against the wall.

You need to get the owner involved financially or it does not work, slumlords are cheap as they come, outing them in public on forums is good too. Google is a great way to have slumlords lose face; a doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc hates to be outed as it discredits their "profession". It takes months, I was going to visit the owner's home if the situation was not cleaned up. All the records are at City Hall, taxes need to be paid and the ownership records are public information if you dig deep enough.

Google the address in question, often there is a paper trail for the owner.

Crack house cleared out now, made way for construction of a big condo.... construction noise and mess now.... moving to the country and growing peaches seems the only solution.
    Last edited by Muji; 12-28-2010 at 07:34 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

we lucked out, our crackhead neighbors got kicked out due to their house being condemned

i thought for sure that was going to lead to an infill going in next to us and noisy construction for months on end, but instead they are renovating it! win win. no noise, and hopefully going to be priced out of the range of stupid jersey shore wannabes for the future!

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Default Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Originally posted by LollerBrader
    The crackheads across the street are increasingly becoming a nuisance, and it looks like it's going to be the lesser of headaches to get rid of them.

They're renters. What is the process to go about finding out the landlord's contact information?
    You're an army of one - Wage War.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Yah contact the police as much as possible and hopefully they will eventually get tired of the police presence harassing them they'll leave.

Finding the home owners information won't be easy probably, would it be possible to acquire public records on the property who might indicate the owners? Or maybe look the address online? Ask the neighbors?

Neighbors might be the best help, if they are average people they are probably just as annoyed by all this as you.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

calling the police too many times for random little things can get you on the "chronic complainer" list with the police and will ignore your complaints.

its happened to my neighbor who was constantly calling the police on us for having our music on while cleaning the cars at 2pm, cutting the grass to early/late in day (9am/6pm) too many cars parked on the road (i live on a corner, maybe 5 cars parked on a weekend)

the police came by all the time and even chatted with us, and simply told us it would be the last time they would come by if the same neighbor would call in for a complaint and add them to the chronic complainer list
    Oliver

Wait till they leave and burn the house to the ground. Nothing says "Fuck you, crackheads!" than a little arson.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Default Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

What exactly are they doing that bothers you so much? Have you tried talking to them? Maybe giving them shit will straighten them out.

Why is it second nature for everyone in Calgary to immediately call law enforcement or the city every time something bothers them in their community?
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

^^ My question exactly.

Default Re: Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Originally posted by ddduke

What exactly are they doing that bothers you so much? Have you tried talking to them? Maybe giving them shit will straighten them out.

Why is it second nature for everyone in Calgary to immediately call law enforcement or the city every time something bothers them in their community?
    Because true born and raised Calgarians have a sense of self entitlement as big as this great province we live in.

I live next door to a crackhouse and across the street to another one. Beat downs, drug deals, cops here daily, the list goes on. When I'm out changing my oil or whatever I'm doing outside those guys are always trying to sell me all kinds of loot for crack money, I just chat it up with them, just let them know that I'm not interested but whatever, carry on, so long as it doesn't directly affect me. I just keep it friendly, hoping that sooner or later most will make the right choice and change lifestyles. It's those POS (mostly ethnic) dealers coming and going 30x a night who park in my stall when one of my trucks is on the street that I have a problem with, I always call the cops on those guys. The crackheads don't shit in their own backyard. Dealers wouldn't know respect if it ran them over. I understand that we all pay taxes to keep low lifes out of our neighborhoods, but sometimes not acting all above and beyond about it is the best course of action. Mind you, I live alone here, if I was raising a family I would just move. But the scourge is everywhere. 8 balls in Marlborough and Forest Lawn, multi-kilos in Aspen and Wentworth. There's really no winning. At the end of the day, know and be cool with your neighbors, IMHO that's the best solution. And leave your empties out for the bottle pickers. That's better than any insurance policy or alarm system.

Default Re: Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Originally posted by ddduke

I won't get into specifics, but will instead answer in principle.

It's my observation that if adults don't understand how to act properly, bringing it to their attention isn't going to make much difference, and will limit your ability to escalate the matter.

Civilized people don't need to be told how to be good neighbors. Uncivilized people should be encouraged to move without exposing ones family to risk.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Default Re: Re: Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

It's my observation that if adults don't understand how to act properly, bringing it to their attention isn't going to make much difference, and will limit your ability to escalate the matter.

Civilized people don't need to be told how to be good neighbors. Uncivilized people should be encouraged to move without exposing ones family to risk.
    Agreed, good people know how to be good people. Those are the ones you can talk to. My neighbors are all awesome, they stay out of my hair, and i am confident none of them will call the bylaw if my lawn gets too long, or for multiple vehicles on my parking pad, etc etc...nobody gives a shit. My one neighbor used to leave his light on outside all the time, and we were chatting one day and i asked him if he left it on for security, hes like no, why do you ask, and i told him it shines right in our bedroom window. Bam, the next night and since then, its been off, because hes a reasonable human being like some people should be. I remember when we lived in an apartment building in airdrie, and this bitch upstairs (4 plex, one on top one on bottom, same on the other side) would ALWAYS call the landlords for everything, EVERYTHING. Well, one night she called the bylaw to get back at us for taking her parking spot, and said we were having a wild party. I answered the door in my boxers, i was in bed watching tv at the the time. Even invited the officer in, she said "no, thats fine, i think i see whats going on here have a nice night". Well, i kept listen at the door, and she had a very "stern" conversation with that bitch. The bitch moved out a month later, those are the people that need to move on and quit making other peoples lives suck. So glad i have my own place now....

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Not to be a dick, but man up and talk to them. If it continues then deal with them as you see fit.

Is it a house or a townhouse? That can severely affect how you go about this.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Originally posted by kvg

Not to be a dick, but man up and talk to them. If it continues then deal with them as you see fit.
    yah, im all for talk, for sure, but something tells me, in this situation trying to reason with them, will end with having one of them poop on his windshield, or rape his dog...or something to that effect.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

yah, im all for talk, for sure, but something tells me, in this situation trying to reason with them, will end with having one of them poop on his windshield, or rape his dog...or something to that effect.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Growing up in a shitty neighborhood I understand you can't deal with everything, drunk teenagers: whatever; pot smoking people: whatever; welfare bums: whatever.

But not hard drug addicts and I would never be interested in living near a drug house, those people attract all sorts of bullshit, devalue property, shit up your neighborhood and attract real criminals (organized crime), sorry but I ain't living near anyone who puts me at risk of stray bullets.

I support OP for not wanting to live near them.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Originally posted by kvg

Brinkmanship, dick swinging, and "Playing chicken" are great strategies for young men who are renting. With a family, however, one must act with greater finesse.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

When I was younger I used to have afterparties 2 or 3 times a week, with no noise complaints and constantly had friends over which meant 5 or 6 cars parked outside all the time.

I didn't think my neighbours cared because noone complained or said anything. One day I was outside and my next door neighbour came up and asked me to tone it down or atleast keep it to weekends only because I kept him up. After that I almost completely stopped having people over.

I think it's worth talking to them first before becoming some creepy window stalker calling in icy sidewalks, expired tags, long grass, etc.

A few years ago my dog got under the fence and one of my neighbours called it in instead of telling me the dog got away (next door neighbour, so he knew the dog and he could obviously tell I was home). When the dog catcher brought the dog back he told me who called it in. Point of this story is that there's a chance of them finding out who's fucking with them. Then if these guys are as retarded as you claim they'll probably do something fucked up to you or your family.

You're obviously too scared to come up to them and deal with this face to face, so you'll probably be lost when your crackhead neighbour starts an altercation with you for fucking with them. Think about that for a second.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting rid of nuisance renter neighbors.

Brinkmanship, dick swinging, and "Playing chicken" are great strategies for young men who are renting. With a family, however, one must act with greater finesse.
    I'm not really posting at you, just in general (it's not that I think you're a tosser) I respect and admire strategy over brute force and gossip. It lasts much longer and provides a more gratifying payout.
    Last edited by CUG; 12-30-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast