Quantcast
UofC students....I need a TR class...help. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: UofC students....I need a TR class...help.

My Ride
    firebird

Default UofC students....I need a TR class...help.

I have 5 classes on MWF and only one on TR. I need to balance out the load a bit so I am looking for one on TR in the morning. Preferably an easy GPA booster like a 200 level course. As you all know, you cannot look at classes which are full, so if you know of any classes that are on TR, could you please post so I can try to get into them next week. Thanx.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Hm...

If you're in the Haskayne School of Business you could try ACCT 421 (taxation), the TR 9:30am section is open. ACCT 317 is the only pre-req for it. The prof (Hussein Warsame) is said to be one of the best profs in the faculty (check out his ratings on the infonet). The class isn't a GPA booster though. The textbook used in that course is about as thick as the Yellow Pages (seriously). I'd take the class, but it would mess up my schedule (I have 5 classes, all on Monday/Wednesday/Friday)..maybe next year.

There are two sections of LTSO/TOUR 309 on Tuesday/Thursday mornings, but they're full.

Try Politial Science 225. I have it at eleven T/R and I have heard ok things about it. No pre-requisites.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by Gainsbarre
    Hm...

If you're in the Haskayne School of Business you could try ACCT 421 (taxation), the TR 9:30am section is open. ACCT 317 is the only pre-req for it. The prof (Hussein Warsame) is said to be one of the best profs in the faculty (check out his ratings on the infonet). The class isn't a GPA booster though. The textbook used in that course is about as thick as the Yellow Pages (seriously). I'd take the class, but it would mess up my schedule (I have 5 classes, all on Monday/Wednesday/Friday)..maybe next year.

There are two sections of LTSO/TOUR 309 on Tuesday/Thursday mornings, but they're full.
    I forgot to say that it has to be a non-management option. That class sounds alright though. I enjoyed accounting last semester and I got an A- with a good amount of effort....

As for the polis sci, that doesn't sound too bad. I am a little reluctant though because the TAs that mark all of the term work are Nazis. I have been in 2 poli classes and they both had hard mmarking TAs.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

take a history course that you have some background in. Makes it easy/fun if you like a particularly type of history.
    Most of my history courses i found easy b/c i have background knowledge and interest

i'm running out of East Asian history/society classes to take hehehe...

My Ride
    firebird

Thich....

I am a little reluctant to take a history class after what happened to me in my HIST 383 (Cold War) class last semester. I got screwed over on an essay worth 50% of the mark by a retarded teacher (Dawn Miller). After approving my essay topic, argument, essay style and thesis, she gave me a C- and she couldn't even remember our conversation . I am in the middle of a grade appeal right now....
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

dang man, that's evil...
    I feel for yah.

bu there aren't many choices for TR classes though...
    whatabout a lower-level science? social science?

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Mckenzie
    Thich....

I am a little reluctant to take a history class after what happened to me in my HIST 383 (Cold War) class last semester. I got screwed over on an essay worth 50% of the mark by a retarded teacher (Dawn Miller). After approving my essay topic, argument, essay style and thesis, she gave me a C- and she couldn't even remember our conversation . I am in the middle of a grade appeal right now....
    Extremely unqualified professor and seriously unreasonable.

Take GNST 301.something (History of the internet)
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

^^

i'm takign it! TR 9:30-11