Quantcast
Need Opinion on Las Vegas Pacakges - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Opinion on Las Vegas Pacakges

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Ahhh, sometimes the worst hotel is the best. I spent a memorable four days at the El Cortez once. Much "grittier" than bills.
    There's just something manly about staying in a dive in Vegas.

(no homo)

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Default Re: Re: Need Opinion on Las Vegas Pacakges

Originally posted by aypi

me the wife and some friends are planning to do the same. but i dont want to book the flight until i know for sure that we can get some tickets for the fight.

where are you planning to buy the tickets? i heard they go for $150 the cheapest - $3000 for ringside and they usually sold out really fast when they do Pacquiao's fight in Vegas.

anyways, let me know when you get some info on the tickets.

thanks.
    Tickets do not go on sale officially untill the end of this month or begining of February. I actually want to purchase tickets from the below sites but a friend of mine says the below sites purchase the tickets in bulk then sell them with a cost adder above the actual ticket value which is reasonable but don't assume you will be in the seats/section you think your in, but I'd be more confident waiting untill Ticketmaster posts them on their site.

http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/...o-tickets.aspx

http://www.ticketnetwork.com/tix/man...53.aspx?ref=cj

My friends purchased their tickets at Ticket Master when Manny fought Cotto and he confirmed he had to pick up his tickets at the MGM, I think we will be doing the same thing as he previously done.

I'll send you a PM once I hear they are officially on sale.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by lilmira
    Stay at the Signature side if you can afford it, I've never stayed there but it's way newer than the old MGM Grand. Go to Wet Republic for good pool party. You might spot a celeb or two, not cheap though.
    If you stay at the Signature side, make sure you are with people in the night time there, its a pretty ghetto part, but since its near Hard rock there is usually a lot of tourists walking.... around still
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

Default Re: Re: Re: Need Opinion on Las Vegas Pacakges

Originally posted by Jry_79

I'll send you a PM once I hear they are officially on sale.
    pls do. thanks.

My Ride
    2007 G5

Allegient Air out of Great Falls is pretty cheap.
    Last May we went for four nights in the Flamingo (could have also stayed at Balley's, Excaliber, etc.) for about $400 each with taxes. Currently, it is looking prices are a bit more this year.
    Colleen

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Well I guess we should just all bow-down to the Omnipotent Jeremiah...who knows all things about all.

Fuck you, ya douchebag. I took the flight twice in two successive years. '05 and '06. (Last year I took the last WJ direct flight). It was a US Airways flight. I didn't realize it's no longer available. It was a midnight flight out of Vegas that departed at 12:00 midnight. Direct flight and got into Calgary around 3 or so in the morning. My point, that you obviously totally fucking missed with your arrogant know-it-all attitude...was to try and get direct flights first thing in the morning and as late as possible at night. And that Vegas is expensive period.

Would you like to argue with me about how I must not have ever even been to Vegas and I'm just full of shit? Fucken typical beyonder. If someone says "I have a black car" some douchebag will come along and say "How can that be, they only made white ones in that year".
    Fuckin knob. at least your avatar suits you. mouth breather.
    Did you two have previous beef because you are airing out now? lol

You seem so mad Dave.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Lilac Wine
    Allegient Air out of Great Falls is pretty cheap.
    Last May we went for four nights in the Flamingo (could have also stayed at Balley's, Excaliber, etc.) for about $400 each with taxes. Currently, it is looking prices are a bit more this year.
    It seems like you're MAYBE saving $100 in cash, but losing it in the drive to Great Falls.. and going to vegas, I don't know if I'd personally roll that cheap that I'd drive for a whole day to get/pay more for a flight out of GF.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

remember with aircanada and westjet you don't have to pay for the 1st checked luggage, but with any other airline (including United operated aircanada flight) you have to pay $25-$30 for the first bag. That's $50 round trip right there.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

SEMA week is pretty busy. Normally no crazy good deals. Best to book about four to six months ahead for that one.
    I got a deal when I went to SEMA last at the Bellagio. Amazing room overlooking the fountains, 3 nights, direct flights, taxes and all was just under $700.00...

Just have to keep your eyes peeled for the sales...

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
    remember with aircanada and westjet you don't have to pay for the 1st checked luggage, but with any other airline (including United operated aircanada flight) you have to pay $25-$30 for the first bag. That's $50 round trip right there.
    You're right... Codeshare flights are the operated airlines rules. So if you buy a ticket from united and it's an air Canada plane you don't have to pay for bags. However if it's the other way around and it's operated by United you pay $25usd each direction

Originally posted by Jry_79
    Anyways just an update, I booked the pacakge from May 5 -8 at the MGM grand for under $800.00 each.

Thanks for the info about how pricy the city is, I'm going with 6-8 other friends who are regular vegas visitors so they already prepared me and I'll be saving from here on in!

Thanks everyone
    Sounds like a decent deal.

Last year I took the whole family down. We booked two rooms at Mandalay (youngest loves the pool) one for the kids and one for the wife and I. I wanted to make sure we got fairly close rooms, as well as nice ones, so I did the "$20 sandwich" trick. I felt, since we're doing two rooms I'd up the ante and offer her a $50 and asked "are there any free upgrades available...we'd like to have both rooms close to each other as well"

So I slipped a $50 between my DL and Visa and handed them to her. She left them on the counter while she searched.
    "It's very busy...I'll see what i can do.." long wait. The whole time the $50 is still sitting there. She finally says "I found you two nice rooms". She still wouldn't take the $50. I finally had to say "that is for you, btw". She thanked me and discreetly took the money. Here are pics of our rooms. 21st floor looking straight down the strip!!

click to enlarge

Last edited by C_Dave45; 01-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Wife and I have been to Vegas three times, and each time was roughly the price you've found. There's always the hot deal that someone will quote you (YYC deals, etc), but by and large you'll pay in the $500-700 range for a package.
    Might be tough finding a decent price at MGM when the fight is on but lots of other options. Look for direct flights leaving Calgary early the first morning, and then late at night on your last day. (All three times we've caught the 11:00 pm flight out of Vegas) That gives you four full days on a 3-night package. Any connecting flights will turn a 3 hour trip into almost all day...each way!!

Don't stay at Excalibur, Circus Circus, or the Strat. Shitholes.

Mirage, Monte Carlo, TI, Flamingo, PH, are all older and centrally located and have decent rooms and prices. If you want decadence and price isnt an issue, then Mandalay Bay, Venetian, Wynns, or the new one...forget the name.

Budget LOTS for spending money as far as food and entertainment goes. $100 for each meal for two people is not hard to do. If you think you can just hop down to McDonalds for a cheap breakfast, think again. Walking anywhere is a half hour ordeal, minimum.
    BRING COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES!!! You'll walk miles! Small backpack with a few bottles of water is essential.
    Pretty much my experience, last trip in 2009, stayed at the MGM as the meetings I had were all in the MGM. Room was a major thumbs down with a 1997 TV, might have been 26" and older than dirt. I use the TV as a speaker for my iPod, so this really sucked. LV is not for TV? Sometimes you just want to chill and watch a ballgame to escape from the masses. The sports bar at the MGM is brutal as well, many places are better in LV.

Avoid the MGM is all I can say.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

So I slipped a $50 between my DL and Visa and handed them to her. She left them on the counter while she searched.
    "It's very busy...I'll see what i can do.." long wait. The whole time the $50 is still sitting there. She finally says "I found you two nice rooms". She still wouldn't take the $50. I finally had to say "that is for you, btw". She thanked me and discreetly took the money. Here are pics of our rooms. 21st floor looking straight down the strip!!
    that looks like a normal standard room.. what room were you going to get?

My Ride
    Taco

Whats a good hotel for a bachelor party? I'm planning one but have never been to Vegas..

My Ride
    King Ranch with boots and a hat to match

[B]

She didn't want to take the money because she gave you a regular room champ.

Sounds like a decent deal.

Last year I took the whole family down. We booked two rooms at Mandalay (youngest loves the pool) one for the kids and one for the wife and I. I wanted to make sure we got fairly close rooms, as well as nice ones, so I did the "$20 sandwich" trick. I felt, since we're doing two rooms I'd up the ante and offer her a $50 and asked "are there any free upgrades available...we'd like to have both rooms close to each other as well"

click to enlarge

Originally posted by FlySi

Sick upgrade man. Glad the $50 trick worked out for you.

21st Floor and Standard Rooms right next to each other!!!!!!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by FlySi

4th and 7th floor...facing south.

For an extra $50 for two rooms for a week...that's peanuts to get the view we got.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2