Quantcast
Ran into old High School crush - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ran into old High School crush

Thumbs up Ran into old High School crush

Today i ran into my high school crush, well, actually i liked her since elementary/Jr.High, my biggest regret was that i didn't have the backbone to ask her out to grad when all her and my friends kinda expected us to go as a pair ... it was in the air, everyone could kinda see we liked each other

so today on my way to a dead end date, i stopped by at the bank, and lo and behold she walks in after me (havent seen her for 6 years and she's still pretty as ever, might i add)... so i instantly semi-blew off my date (rescheduled to meet just b4 the movie instead of hanging out for a few hrs and then watch the movie) and took charge of my lucky situational break and asked her out to coffee, after the bank we went to bestbuy (she wanted to buy a new ipod)...

Anyways over coffee she asked if i was still dating the girl i was with 3 Christmases ago in the mall (ran into each other in the mall it was like a 30sec conversation, can you say "Awkward!"), answer was no, we broke up soon after that, been single since... oddly enough i never asked her back if she was single (something we talked about kinda gave me the vibe that she was single, not 100% though)

we talked for something like 2 hours (i think, didn't look at the time) and eventually i had to go, we exchanged numbers and that was that... i hope she doesn't take it as a bad sign that i wasn't interested in whether she was single or not (i just assumed she was single).

I didn't want to come on too strong or show too much interest, so we generally talked about what we've been up to, I didn't ask about her relationship status cuz i figure i'll use that as my ticket to that subject the next time we talk (gotta save some seeds for next season's harvest right?? haha)

the big question is, should i go down this path? does she only see me as a friend since (well you know.. that whole "once she puts u under the "friend category", forget about anything more" deal) since we've known each other for so long... Will i ruin a good friendship? OR! OR! Will i regret it for the rest of my life?!?, kinda like how i regret not asking her to grad, is the universe pitying my love life and giving me a second chance???

Donno , its been on my mind all night, i just needed to get it out semi-anonymously ie not Facebook

My Ride
    05 g35, 08 altima coupe, 10 pathfinder

pics?

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Good friends make great girlfriends.

Don't be a pussy this time. Do it up. Or at least tell her everything, the worst that can happen is you end up right where you're at again.

My Ride
    Horse

not really losing a "good friend" if you only bump into her occasionally.

if you don't make a move you will always wonder what if and be kicking yourself.

just be honest and tell her whats up
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Go for it.

doesn't sound like you have matured much since high school....that bench your sitting on must be giving you splitters.

Wow.

better ask her out again before you regret it

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Go with what everyone in this thread is saying. Do it. And you probably interested her more by not asking if she was single and keeping a little distance rather than jumping all over it.
    Keep it casual, ask her out for a drink either one on one, or tell her about when you and your friends go out (maybe not if theyre the same friends from high school that she'd know lol).

And, then when it all works out, post pics on beyond.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Ran into old High School crush

Originally posted by ForeverZ

we talked for something like 2 hours (i think, didn't look at the time) and eventually i had to go, we exchanged numbers and that was that... i hope she doesn't take it as a bad sign that i wasn't interested in whether she was single or not (i just assumed she was single).

...the universe pitying my love life and giving me a second chance???

6 years tore down the friendship wall that she had built up, you had a second chance, almost 2 hours to start anew, and you BLEW IT. She has firmly place you back in the friend zone since you didn't ask her out. Good one.

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

lol internet

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by Freeskier

And, then when it all works out, post pics on beyond.
    or, just post up the tiniest bit of info, and beyond will do the job of finding the pics

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Default Re: Re: Ran into old High School crush

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

6 years tore down the friendship wall that she had built up, you had a second chance, almost 2 hours to start anew, and you BLEW IT. She has firmly place you back in the friend zone since you didn't ask her out. Good one.
    Awesome.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Originally posted by 95teetee
    or, just post up the tiniest bit of info, and beyond will do the job of finding the pics
    PM me her name. I'll contact her and let her know what a good guy you are....

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Re: Ran into old High School crush

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Maybe of the OP manned up RIGHT NOW and called her, he might still have a chance.

I took a shit this morning.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Strategically speaking that may have been a wise decision. It's unlikely in a day that she will have met her love (if she doesn't have one already). Believe me she would have mentioned that she was seeing someone especially if that person was "the one".

Carpe Diem! Use your blunder to call her back up and be straight with her! Tell her that the meeting brought up some memories and you'd like the chance to take her on a date.

Make it clear that it's a date!
    Wherever you go there you are

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast