Quantcast
Busted Smoking Weed - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Smoking Weed

Default Busted Smoking Weed

This is a question for parents on this forum and anyone with some insight.
    With out going into a long drawn out story here are the points
    -14 year old son
    -caught smoking weed at school
    -she is separated from her husband
    -boy lives with dad majority of the week and weekends at her place
    -dad and boy did not tell her that he was caught and suspended
    -school informed her that he was suspended

Not being a parent I would not know how to go about this but my first reaction was beat the kid(for some that dont understand a joke I am not talking literally).
    Other then that my suggestion was that he has started/experimented with it means it might be situations were the ship has sailed to try to stop him from doing it.

Also are there any cops on the forum? If so would you pm me please. Thought is maybe try to scare the shit out of him if a cop showed up at his school or his house. Or just even meet him at the cop shop and just lock him up for an hour or so.
    Last edited by dharminder; 01-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Trolls are getting entertaining

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

Originally posted by CMW403
    Trolls are getting entertaining
    i fail to see a troll.

wait your the troll?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Maybe I'd be more lenient since I smoked in highschool (not until much later though), but I'd basically just tell him moderation is the key, and if I start to see his grades go down at all, there isn't a chance in hell he's getting a drivers license while under my roof.

In my day, drivers license > weed for 99% of the kids I knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Default Re: Busted Smoking Weed

Originally posted by dharminder

Not being a parent I would not know how to go about this but my first reaction was beat the kid.
    Okay not cool to hide it from mom, not cool to smoke weed, and extra uncool to say your first reaction would be to beat the kid.This is CANADA asswipe and violence isn't the answer around here. You wanna beat a kid for making a mistake and live by the sword like uncivilized barbarians do it where you came from.

When in Rome, asshole. I hope that kid gets the help and direction he needs to not lie to his mom and stay off that garbage, and I also pray to The Lord that you are NEVER blessed with the gift of having a child.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I would take him down to the homeless hilton and show him where he would be hanging out if he kept up his brain debilitating habit.

Then I would confiscate everything that he has other then his clothes & school supplies.

Then I would give him an ultimatum, smarten up on your own, or be monitored 24/7

Default Re: Re: Busted Smoking Weed

Originally posted by peteski

Okay not cool to hide it from mom, not cool to smoke weed, and extra uncool to say your first reaction would be to beat the kid.This is CANADA asswipe and violence isn't the answer around here. You wanna beat a kid for making a mistake and live by the sword like uncivilized barbarians do it where you came from.

When in Rome, asshole. I hope that kid gets the help and direction he needs to not lie to his mom and stay off that garbage, and I also pray to The Lord that you are NEVER blessed with the gift of having a child.
    Its a fucken joke relax ok beating a kid is not going to get you anywere. Dont get all gangster on a the computer.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Negativity towards the weed is just gonna bring more negativity. He will just continue with the weed behind her back out of spite.

I don't smoke it, but i have zero problem with people that do (other than it smells nasty), but making sure he knows the environments where it is and isn't appropriate. I had zero influence from my parents and i made the decision myself that it wasn't for me.

I had a buddy almost kicked out of university for smoking up on campus. He still smokes but certainly not on campus.

Default Re: Re: Re: Busted Smoking Weed

Originally posted by dharminder

Its a fucken joke relax ok beating a kid is not going to get you anywere. Dont get all gangster on a the computer.
    If it's a joke then I'm sorry dude... Shit... Kinda not funny to joke about beating kids, don't you think? But for what it's worth I do apologize, I'm a powder keg for shit like this...

On a lighter note, my parents tried the whole scare u straight thing with me when I went thru my rebellious phase... All it did was add fuel to the fire. Observe and educate. Find a way to make erratic behavior look "totally uncool" to teenagers. I think confiscating, Nazi discipline, curfews and the likes of which all just aggravate the situation. We all enjoy a challenge and always have, right?

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Busted Smoking Weed

a

My Ride

dick-wod, why don't you go back where you come from? In Canada we preach by kindness not rough words...where are you from, must be a fucking eatern europ....

get my point. Fuck assuming he's from somewhere else, when he very well could know no other place.

Douche-bag

Default Re: Re: Re: Busted Smoking Weed

Originally posted by desi112

dick-wod, why don't you go back where you come from? In Canada we preach by kindness not rough words...where are you from, must be a fucking eatern europ....

get my point. Fuck assuming he's from somewhere else, when he very well could know no other place.

Douche-bag
    Yup I'm a wop, and you can't spell.

My Ride
    Giant Reign

I also pray to The Lord that you are NEVER blessed with the gift of having a child.
    I'm not sure if the flying spaghetti monster can fulfill a request like that but I guess there's no harm in praying to him about it.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

If it's a joke then I'm sorry dude... Shit... Kinda not funny to joke about beating kids, don't you think? But for what it's worth I do apologize, I'm a powder keg for shit like this...

On a lighter note, my parents tried the whole scare u straight thing with me when I went thru my rebellious phase... All it did was add fuel to the fire. Observe and educate. Find a way to make erratic behavior look "totally uncool" to teenagers. I think confiscating, Nazi discipline, curfews and the likes of which all just aggravate the situation. We all enjoy a challenge and always have, right?
    All good dont worry about it. Beat might not be the right choice of word to use, because I would assume every parents first reaction is they want to ring the kid's neck.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Guy posts a question. Thread turn to Malice in one reply.
    You guys have way to much time on your hands...and little common sense! Or else your all 12!!

My Ride
    POS

Giving the kid shit will only make him not want to talk or listen to you. It's like the saying it's easier to catch bees with honey rather then vinegar. And chances are is that the boy is learning these habbits from his outstanding father, so if you want to beat anyone, beat the father. I would try to show him what this type of behaviour is going to look like 10-20 years down the road to let him know what type of life he's heading for.

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

If it's a joke then I'm sorry dude... Shit... Kinda not funny to joke about beating kids, don't you think? But for what it's worth I do apologize, I'm a powder keg for shit like this
    meh, some kids need to be beat. If I didn't have the fear of beatings put into me as a kid, I would have been WAY worse than I was. The belt always made me smarten up.

Some moms confront other parents who physically discipline their children in public places and talk about how it's wrong and all this.....my mom would have offered to hold their purse for them.

I dont' really consider weed any more harmful than alcohol, but 14 is too young IMO to start smoking anything....drinking too. Just my opinion though.
    Texas Nick

Just be calm, talk to the kid like an adult, educate him, and be reasonable about it. Getting pissed off (or a beating lol) will only make the kid do it more out of spite.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I'm not saying this to be a troll, but how is this your concern? Did the parents ask for your input? Are you family?

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Busted Smoking Weed

Originally posted by texasnick

meh, some kids need to be beat. If I didn't have the fear of beatings put into me as a kid, I would have been WAY worse than I was. The belt always made me smarten up.

Some moms confront other parents who physically discipline their children in public places and talk about how it's wrong and all this.....my mom would have offered to hold their purse for them.

I dont' really consider weed any more harmful than alcohol, but 14 is too young IMO to start smoking anything....drinking too. Just my opinion though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast