Quantcast
Busted Smoking Weed - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Smoking Weed

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

a bit of sheeba never hurt nobody...unless he is not doing good in school?
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by 89coupe

I would take him down to the homeless hilton and show him where he would be hanging out if he kept up his brain debilitating habit.

I'm sorry what??...

"Brain Debilitating"??...Maybe for someone who is weak minded to begin with. But no, thank you for coming out....

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Maybe instead of scolding the kid and bitching him out, do what most parents don't.

Ask him what's up, shut your mouth and listen. If you have any sort of relationship with your kid, he'll open up. Sometimes an incident like this can be a cry for help/attention - don't ignore it.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

i think when people say beating, they mean a slap or two, not a beat down right?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by EK 2.0

I'm sorry what??...

"Brain Debilitating"??...Maybe for someone who is weak minded to begin with. But no, thank you for coming out....
    B R A I N D E B I L I T A T I N G

Definition of DEBILITATE
    transitive verb
    : to impair the strength of : enfeeble
    — de·bil·i·ta·tion \-ˌbi-lə-ˈtâ-shən\ noun
    See debilitate defined for English-language learners »
    Examples of DEBILITATE
    The virus debilitates the body's immune system.
    <the heart surgery debilitated the college athlete beyond his worst fears>
    Origin of DEBILITATE
    Latin debilitatus, past participle of debilitare to weaken, from debilis weak
    First Known Use: 1533
    Related to DEBILITATE
    Synonyms: weaken, devitalize, enervate, enfeeble, etiolate, prostrate, sap, soften, tire, waste

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

Just 1 hard slap that's totally unexpected is all I usually needed. I was mostly just joking....although I do believe in physical discipline for kids.

The problem is, the kid is already 14. A slap or the belt isn't going to deter anything. It works as a way to prevent them from effing up. Not the best to be used as a punishment on a 14 yo who's already done wrong.

2 good friends of mine have a 5 yo daughter, and they won't lay a hand on her. Instead, they prefer to speak to her as an adult and tell her why her actions are undesireable. Guess what? The kid is NOT afraid of Mommy and Daddy and is a complete nightmare to babysit. You can't get her to do literally ANYTHING that she doesn't want to do.
    Texas Nick

My Ride
    4Runner

only thing id be worried about is all the other drugs your son is exposed to when buying weed.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

blah, blah. blah

I know what it means. But it is hardly debilitating. Again, I stand beside my original thought that if you are of a weak mind to begin with then yes. But smoking good weed everyday has had no ill effects on a lot of people I know. Including myself.

well I have a similar story. I was maybe a year or two older when I tried it. I was hanging out with some scum bags and they passed the joint and I thought why not? so I did it, got high as shit and went home. Mom ended up catching me high.

The biggest effect on me was that my mom wasn't mad. She was disappointed, she talk to me about my uncle that had got heavy into drugs (starting with weed) and I already knew he was a piece of shit so I didnt want to be like him.

She asked me why I did it, and I honestly couldn't come up with a good reason. Me being a logical person thought afterward and couldn't even justify to myself why I had done it. I made a deal with my Mom right after she talked to me that I would never do it again, and I haven't done it (or any other drugs for that matter) since. I think it has been 9 or 10 years now.

The problem is, the kid is going to decide for himself and there isn't a heck of a lot you can do. He is either a straight shooter or not. The biggest thing is to not get mad, and sit down and have a mature conversation with him. Do not try to scare him, especially with authority, he will just develop a hatred for authority.

All you can do now is talk to him about it and hope that he is a smart guy and will make the right decision.

edit: also if I am understanding the story correctly, talk to the husband about it and make sure he is on board with not supporting the kid in doing things like this. The most influential parent is the same sex parent. So hopefully the dad can man up and talk to his son about it as well.
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-06-2011 at 12:03 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I know what it means. But it is hardly debilitating. Again, I stand beside my original thought that if you are of a weak mind to begin with then yes. But smoking good weed everyday has had no ill effects on a lot of people I know. Including myself.
    I'm sure some drug users have made it through University and went on to a successful career and maybe they continue to do drugs and continue to be successful, but I think if you did a survey, it would be at the bottom of the bell curve

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I'm sure some drug users have made it through University and went on to a successful career and maybe they continue to do drugs and continue to be successful, but I think if you did a survey, it would be at the bottom of the bell curve

Then again that points right to my point of people with a weak mind.

And besides, university shouldn't be a milestone as to whether or not someone is successful. I hold a masters degree, but don't use it haha...Neither should a "high paying" job or career. To some just being happy in doing something they love is more success than a 6 figure salary and car allowances.

I got suspended when I was 13. My Dad gave me a forehand across the jaw. I learned my lesson.

I'm not saying it's the only way, but I'll be damned if I sit here and listen to people telling me I was raised improperly.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Then again that points right to my point of people with a weak mind.

And besides, university shouldn't be a milestone as to whether or not someone is successful. I hold a masters degree, but don't use it haha...Neither should a &quot;high paying&quot; job or career. To some just being happy in doing something they love is more success than a 6 figure salary and car allowances.
    I agree, about the happy part, but I'm pretty sure you don't need pot to be happy

As the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

LOL ignorance must be bliss.

Chicken or the Egg, man.
    Texas Nick

The mom is a friend of mine and asked me what she should do regarding this matter.

A belt might be to much I think mind you I never got the belt but I did get the good slap for fucking up. That was enough for me not to do it again.

I have smoked weed in the past, I would say its safe to say that good majority of people have, the only difference in this case is that I tried it when I was 20. I know alot of people that smoke weed on a regular bases but at such a young age of 14 might lead to other drugs.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

The only thing that I'd be worried about is if you come down really hard on the kid he might just hide it better. It can really go either way. Maybe explain/show him how it may fuck up his life then closely monitor him when he comes home. If he keeps fucking up, then lay down the hammer.

Originally posted by peteski
    This is CANADA asswipe and violence isn't the answer around here. You wanna beat a kid for making a mistake and live by the sword like uncivilized barbarians do it where you came from.

When in Rome, asshole. I hope that kid gets the help and direction he needs to not lie to his mom and stay off that garbage, and I also pray to The Lord that you are NEVER blessed with the gift of having a child.
    I wouldn't say beating your kids is fine, but a good smack now and then is fine. My dad was stern with me and I turned out alright, I also learned my boundaries. Kids have to know who's boss and in this day and age most don't.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by J-hop
    well I have a similar story. I was maybe a year or two older when I tried it. I was hanging out with some scum bags and they passed the joint and I thought why not? so I did it, got high as shit and went home. Mom ended up catching me high.

The biggest effect on me was that my mom wasn't mad. She was disappointed, she talk to me about my uncle that had got heavy into drugs (starting with weed) and I already knew he was a piece of shit so I didnt want to be like him.

She asked me why I did it, and I honestly couldn't come up with a good reason. Me being a logical person thought afterward and couldn't even justify to myself why I had done it. I made a deal with my Mom right after she talked to me that I would never do it again, and I haven't done it (or any other drugs for that matter) since. I think it has been 9 or 10 years now.

The problem is, the kid is going to decide for himself and there isn't a heck of a lot you can do. He is either a straight shooter or not. The biggest thing is to not get mad, and sit down and have a mature conversation with him. Do not try to scare him, especially with authority, he will just develop a hatred for authority.

All you can do now is talk to him about it and hope that he is a smart guy and will make the right decision.

edit: also if I am understanding the story correctly, talk to the husband about it and make sure he is on board with not supporting the kid in doing things like this. The most influential parent is the same sex parent. So hopefully the dad can man up and talk to his son about it as well.
    This is what I wish my parents would have done. Would have likely saved me many years of fucking up my life.

Originally posted by dharminder
    The mom is a friend of mine and asked me what she should do regarding this matter.

A belt might be to much I think mind you I never got the belt but I did get the good slap for fucking up. That was enough for me not to do it again.

I have smoked weed in the past, I would say its safe to say that good majority of people have, the only difference in this case is that I tried it when I was 20. I know alot of people that smoke weed on a regular bases but at such a young age of 14 might lead to other drugs.
    Its not age that will lead to other drugs, its his personality, people he is hanging out with, relationship with his family, self esteem...etc...
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Maybe instead of scolding the kid and bitching him out, do what most parents don't.

Ask him what's up, shut your mouth and listen. If you have any sort of relationship with your kid, he'll open up. Sometimes an incident like this can be a cry for help/attention - don't ignore it.

Smartest reply so far. Sit with him over lunch or coffee and just let him talk! All you have to do is be interested in him.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

funny note- the last two days, we've been working on my neighbour's father's house (installing windows).
    He has grad pictures of all the grandkid's on one wall. One of his sons (my neighbour) smokes pot with his kids (I've seen it). Guess which son's kids aren't up on the grad picture wall

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Show this to the 14 year old boy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast