Quantcast
Evo prices... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo prices...

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Default Evo prices...

Discuss. I always tend to look at the new cars that are posted by various board advertisers, but holy shit, $50+k for a friekin' evo?! You can buy a ballin' BMW for that much (literally, a BMW 335 xdrive will cost the same amount). Hell, a fully loaded Sporttech package STi with tons of dealer installed options (=rape) is only $45k msrp.

Remember the days when an Evo was a regular family sedan with a monster motor and awd? LOL!

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Ya that price is retarded. For daily driving I would take the full load sti over the evo any day. The price is way better and more comfortable

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

You are talking about a fully decked out MR. You can get GSR's closer to $40k but yes Mitsubishi Canada has dropped the ball on EVO pricing as the STI is cheaper there's no doubt about. Pricing isn't exactly apples to apples as the 2011 STI is nearly the same car that Subaru has been selling here since 2004 and the EVO has a much more sophisticated AWD system, transmission (TC-SST), and engine. STI is more of a daily driver while EVO is more of a performance car. Just take a look at the latest C&D magazine lightning lap and you will see the STI isn't really in the same league as the EVO performance-wise. Also with the EVO you don't have to worry about the when your engine is going to blow or oil consumption.

Also I wouldn't call a 335 a ballin car lol.
    Last edited by heavyD; 01-08-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Originally posted by heavyD
    You are talking about a fully decked out MR. You can get GSR's closer to $40k but yes Mitsubishi Canada has dropped the ball on EVO pricing as the STI is cheaper there's no doubt about. STI is more of a daily driver while EVO is more of a performance car. Just take a look at the latest C&D magazine lightning lap and you will see the STI isn't really in the same league as the EVO performance-wise. Also with the EVO you don't have to worry about the when your engine is going to blow or oil consumption.

Also I wouldn't call a 335 a ballin car lol.
    I haven't heard much about the '10 and '11 STi's failing...I guess you haven't been posting as much

Seriously though, is it still an issue? Not being in a Subaru anymore I am kind of out of the loop.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Double post. Damn cell phones.
    Last edited by heavyD; 01-08-2011 at 01:36 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by PD77

I haven't heard much about the '10 and '11 STi's failing...I guess you haven't been posting as much

Seriously though, is it still an issue? Not being in a Subaru anymore I am kind of out of the loop.
    Oil consumption has always been an issue and the engine is delicate. Next gen will get an all new engine which is why most woul be better to wait rather than buy a 2011 as once the new models come out the current gen cars will be the least desirable of all generations as the 2005-2007 models were more performance focussed.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Hmm.. You've got me thinking, would be cool to see evo mr vs 335i x drive with M sport package.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Hmm.. You've got me thinking, would be cool to see evo mr vs 335i x drive with M sport package.
    I've been trying to find this comparison. Might as well throw the S4 in there for good measure, along with the STi. Would be a sick comparo.

And a brand new 335i isn't a ballin' car? Well fuck-me-sideways 89coupe, go drop a couple bills on lunch. The median salary in Alberta is ~$50k for 2011. Your telling me that the average person can afford to go buy a BMW (of any kind besides a mini). I'd consider anybody who can afford to buy a brand new fully loaded beamer like that to be well off. For me at the moment, that's currently a pipe dream with student debt.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

The thing that is bugging me about the evo is the difference between the MR and GSR.

GSR is 5speed And you got a shitty ass interior, with few options.

MR is a 6 speed trip-tronic but you get full interior and everything for like 8k more.

What I want is a 6 speed manual with a nice interior....
    Ive heard from my friend that the GSR interior is just cheap crap.

Seriously I would rather get a fully loaded STI sedan with a 6 speed for around 45k out the door if i was deciding between the two.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    The thing that is bugging me about the evo is the difference between the MR and GSR.

GSR is 5speed And you got a shitty ass interior, with few options.

MR is a 6 speed trip-tronic but you get full interior and everything for like 8k more.

Ive heard from my friend that the GSR interior is just cheap crap.

Seriously I would rather get a fully loaded STI sedan with a 6 speed for around 45k out the door if i was deciding between the two.
    Isn't GSR faster then MR?

Default Re: Evo prices...

Remember the days when an Evo was a regular family sedan with a monster motor and awd? LOL! [/B]
    No I don't? What day was that?

http://autos.msn.com/research/compar...00228&v=t99884

Evo MR has always been about the same price as the 3 series with the biggest engine below the M3. Nothing's changed.

My Ride
    e92 M3

My 2 cents.

I've owned a 335, 535, and now a X5d for the wife. The N54 is an awesome engine, but the HPFP issue has claimed me a few times.

I bought a '10 Evo GSR in October. Why? Performance. That's it. When I want a nice interior I'll drive the BMW. A BMW is a pig when it comes to weight. And modding a bimmer is a pain in the ass. I ran a JB in my 335 and 535 and cleared codes all the time. My Cobb makes it easier to flash a map and then go back to stock. Plus, there are more parts for the EVO that make it a dream for me.

I considered an STI, but I see a lot of them on the roads.

EVO FTW. But if money is an issue then to each there own. Get a bimmer for the status.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    The thing that is bugging me about the Impreza is the difference between the WRX STi and WRX.

WRX is 5speed And you got a shitty ass interior, with few options.

WRX STi is a 6 speed but you still get shitty ass interior for like 8k more.

Ive heard from my friend that Subaru interior is just cheap crap.

Seriously I would rather get a fully loaded Audi sedan with a 6 speed for around 75k out the door
    The subaru interiors are not nice. The Mitsubishi interiors are not nice. You guys need to lessen your expectations, they can't offer a "performance" car with nice interior for ~40k because now your 40k vehicle is pushed up to 50k. An 80k z06 has a poor interior as well, yet you hardly hear people bitching about them.

Compared to a 10 year old civic the a new base model lancer has a better interior. Car interiors have improved tremendously the last couple years. Now a 25k Hyundai has an interior on par or better than that of a Mercedes or BMW of 10 years ago.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by anschutz_92

The subaru interiors are not nice. The Mitsubishi interiors are not nice. You guys need to lessen your expectations, they can't offer a "performance" car with nice interior for ~40k because now your 40k vehicle is pushed up to 50k. An 80k z06 has a poor interior as well, yet you hardly hear people bitching about them.

Compared to a 10 year old civic the a new base model lancer has a better interior. Car interiors have improved tremendously the last couple years. Now a 25k Hyundai has an interior on par or better than that of a Mercedes or BMW of 10 years ago.

I know what you mean. I was bugged by the fact you cant get a MR interior in the GSR. I personally dont like the paddle shifters.

And ya defiantly if you buy a Z06, I wouldnt expect luxury, its a true sports car and its all about the driving experience (which I agree it should be).

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Subaru interiors are crap just like Mitsubishi. Spend some time in one rather than just assume it's nice because of its looks. This is the best quote I've seen so far in regards to the STI interior and it came from an STI owner at NASIOC;

The new interior is like a chick that looks good from a distance but as you get closer you realize it's actually a dude.
    The EVO interior actually rattles less as Impreza's really suffer from annoying buzzing from the door speakers and the hatches have almost incurable rattling.

My Ride
    changes every year

really though the fact is people are still buying it at those prices. x evo x sells them almost daily it seems so it really doesnt matter if you guys think that the price is too high, mitsu doesnt care.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    really though the fact is people are still buying it at those prices. x evo x sells them almost daily it seems so it really doesnt matter if you guys think that the price is too high, mitsu doesnt care.
    They could sell more though if they made a proper market adjustment. Sure they will sell EVO's to the people that want to have the best performance for the money and the modding potential but for the people that want to use it for daily driving and occasional spirited use that are on the fence between EVO and STI they aren't doing themselves any favours. IMO they should have brought the SE to Canada but they probably were afraid of cannibalizing MR sales. If that's the case then they should know they are overpricing the MR in the first place.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by cisco88
    A BMW is a pig when it comes to weight.
    A 335i xdrive weighs the same as an Evo X...

But if money is an issue then to each there own. Get a bimmer for the status.
    Its not really about money being an issue, its simply about what you get for your dollar (you might not understand that, considering you own over $100,000 worth of cars lol). A car that rides nice, is known to handle well, and yes, comes with a bit of status I can understand for $50k. For a car that for all purposes is no faster/better performance wise, but misses out on the rest of it, it doesn't make sense unless you want to modify it (which apparently you do).

My Ride
    Cars, trucks, bikes

Originally posted by heavyD
    Subaru interiors are crap just like Mitsubishi. Spend some time in one rather than just assume it's nice because of its looks. This is the best quote I've seen so far in regards to the STI interior and it came from an STI owner at NASIOC;

The EVO interior actually rattles less as Impreza's really suffer from annoying buzzing from the door speakers and the hatches have almost incurable rattling.
    heavyD is bang on...My husband and I own both and have had the past 3 months to compare the two. We have also owned two newer gen BMW's (3 and 5 series)....our 5 was traded in for his STi a year ago.

IMO, the current STi's interior is even inferior to our old WRX of 2003. The door panels are hollow and can actually push in when you put weight on it, the plastic scuffs VERY easily, the glove box does not line up and the silver trim paint is easily scratched.

By no means am I saying that my Evo's interior is superior, they are both pretty plasticky compared to our past BMW's and even my old S2000.

BMW's are loaded with luxury amenities but are quite restricted in terms of modifications. Evo's and STi's seem built to be a lot more performance oriented but lack many of the luxuries as a result. How you wish to spend your money depends on what you are seeking in a car and what stage you are in your life. We personally do not consider BMW's balling nor care for the status and do not plan to own a third one with the luck that we've had with them...however, I will not deny that not many cars drive quite like them
    Last edited by carzcraz; 01-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast