Quantcast
More snow coming? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More snow coming?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Just did calgary to airdrie and back what a shitshow.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Fuck people driving 20 km/h on Stoney with their fucking hazards on. Turn your goddamn fucking hazards off numbskulls.

Last edited by kaput; 04-01-2019 at 10:59 PM.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by eglove
    Fuck people driving 20 km/h on Stoney with their fucking hazards on. Turn your goddamn fucking hazards off numbskulls.
    If you're terrified and driving dangerously slow, wouldn't hazards be a good idea?
    Bought not built!

Originally posted by kevie88

If you're terrified and driving dangerously slow, wouldn't hazards be a good idea?
    Getting the fuck off the road would be a good idea...

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by RY213

Getting the fuck off the road would be a good idea...
    Agreed, but I appreciate seeing hazards when I'm coming up on you with an 80kph speed difference!
    Bought not built!

Its a mess here in Edmonton I have been driving around in the porsche pulling out all sorts of vehicles.

I have an emergency kit with a 10ft 10,000lbs tow strap with hooks, 2 x 20ft 5,000lbs manual winches, collapsible shovel and pylons, towtruck in a box tracks, a bunch of propane bottles for my torch, a 200 piece tool kit, big first aide kit, heavy gauge jumper cables, battery chargers, flares etc.

I have embarrassed quite a few people who are stuck in their pickups and SUV's when I pull up and get them unstuck in my porsche.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by kevie88

Agreed, but I appreciate seeing hazards when I'm coming up on you with an 80kph speed difference!
    +1

I think its a euro thing
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    Axis powers

careful taking memorial east bound after barlow, some idiot parked his suv in the right lane without hazards on, not on the shoulder but in the right lane
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Been in Sask for four days. Came home to this haha.

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Winter tires required by law, slowing down, stay the hell home. Simple formula for a less aggro winter, every year the same old chant.

WTF do some never learn?

On a side note, as semi trucks do not have winter tires, are they as bad as I imagine them to be when driven in this type of winter weather? I cannot imagine having 18 plus wheels on frozen rubber, must be mad.

My Ride
    NC1

I love blasting around in this weather with my GTI. Hankook iPike's, so good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Originally posted by copynpaste
    That will not buff out. Write off?

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

Originally posted by Muji
    Winter tires required by law, slowing down, stay the hell home. Simple formula for a less aggro winter, every year the same old chant.

WTF do some never learn?

On a side note, as semi trucks do not have winter tires, are they as bad as I imagine them to be when driven in this type of winter weather? I cannot imagine having 18 plus wheels on frozen rubber, must be mad.
    im a truck driver, its actually way better to drive a truck in winter then youd think.. 18 wheels meaning more contact on the ground.. even with emply van i weigh in at 15000-20000 kgs fully loaded your looking anywhere up to 49000 with 53 and 62000ish with a super b more weight meaning better traction.. when this storm stated in edmonton friday i was on my way back from loydminster and i was going 90k on the highway when cars were going 60-70..

and i know alot of people think that when roads are bad follow a tractor.. not a good idea.. we can handle the roads alot better then a 4 wheeler can.. stay at a speed you think if safe..

us truckers know roads and weather when driving.. as ive drove over 250+k last year. we know our rigs and more then less know our routes.. just try and keep safe on the roads.. and stay out of the fast lane if not doing the speed limit.. we dont get paid hourly :P lol..

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Originally posted by 5000Audi

im a truck driver, its actually way better to drive a truck in winter then youd think.. 18 wheels meaning more contact on the ground.. even with emply van i weigh in at 15000-20000 kgs fully loaded your looking anywhere up to 49000 with 53 and 62000ish with a super b more weight meaning better traction.. when this storm stated in edmonton friday i was on my way back from loydminster and i was going 90k on the highway when cars were going 60-70..

and i know alot of people think that when roads are bad follow a tractor.. not a good idea.. we can handle the roads alot better then a 4 wheeler can.. stay at a speed you think if safe..

us truckers know roads and weather when driving.. as ive drove over 250+k last year. we know our rigs and more then less know our routes.. just try and keep safe on the roads.. and stay out of the fast lane if not doing the speed limit.. we dont get paid hourly :P lol..
    Thanks for the real world info., now I know why you guys blow past us on the highway and we think "bloody hell, he must be hopped up on RedBull or paid by the mile...."

I stay as far away as possible from you whales, never tailgating, if I cannot see your mirrors, you cannot see me. Rather you were a mile back of me, safe and sound. I have driven maybe 250,000 kms in my life....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The big rigs also have the advantage of being plenty high above the road, so the low-level blowing snow is less of a detriment to visibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

Originally posted by Muji

Thanks for the real world info., now I know why you guys blow past us on the highway and we think "bloody hell, he must be hopped up on RedBull or paid by the mile...."

I stay as far away as possible from you whales, never tailgating, if I cannot see your mirrors, you cannot see me. Rather you were a mile back of me, safe and sound. I have driven maybe 250,000 kms in my life....
    good on ya for not tailgateing.. your one of the few that dont.. but for those that do... stage 3 jake at 2000 rpm slows me down real fast with no brake lights...

and lots of truckers are amped on redbull lol.. not me we can only drive 13 hours a day so dunno why some get so sleepy.. i dont..and im on the road monday 6am and dont get home untill friday 8pm.. anyways back to topic...

roads arnt to bad really.. i drove from the girlfriends house to mine and i got a RWD 07 ram..with no weight in the box.. made it along just fine

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by max_boost
    I'm sure you're having a blast lol.

Because I'm having a blast with Hankook Ice Bears on my Civic. Honestly can't believe people drive like 35 kph in the inner CITY?! The fuck.. It was like 6:30 pm and just blowing wind and barely any snow.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by max_boost
    Get them studded, even better
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast