Quantcast
Panorama Hills and surrounding areas - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Panorama Hills and surrounding areas

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Default Panorama Hills and surrounding areas

Currently I am in Sandstone. Most of my friends live in the north, with a few wayyyyyy down south by 22x. A few places that I go to frequently are in the north. My work is in the SE near 18th Street. I was thinking of buying something inner city but after looking at 4 places the other day it looks like I get way more house for the money elsewhere. Some of them were a bit small. One was right by a 4 story apartment (no privacy) and another needed work in the basement.

I found some nice places online for the Panorama area. I have friends in Panorama Hills and also Panamount. Can anyone give opinion on the Pantego area? The ways to get there would be by Beddington Trail to Hidden Valley turnoff, or by going West on Panamount? How is the neighbourhood? Traffic out isn't too bad? The houses might be more packed together than the older areas of Panorama.

Any other area nearby that you would recommend ? Hanson Ranch? I like Panorama because it's close to 4-5 of my friends. Also close to all the shopping, Cardel, Deerfoot, Stoney Trail, 14th Street. It's not too far from couple facilities that I attend.

Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

IMO Panatella and Panamount > Pantego because Pantego is a bit too deep in the Panorama area and you are fighting traffic with the Hidden Valley crowd.

I recommand if you are thinking of Panorama, being closer by stoney and havest hills is better than beddington trail to the hidden valley turn off because you are way closer to Cardel, Superstore, Studio 16, Cdn Tire, Home Depot, etc...
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default Re: Panorama Hills and surrounding areas

Originally posted by bigbadboss101

Thanks in advance.
    responded to your PM.

Originally posted by guessboi
    IMO Panatella and Panamount > Pantego because Pantego is a bit too deep in the Panorama area and you are fighting traffic with the Hidden Valley crowd.

I recommand if you are thinking of Panorama, being closer by stoney and havest hills is better than beddington trail to the hidden valley turn off because you are way closer to Cardel, Superstore, Studio 16, Cdn Tire, Home Depot, etc...
    Being too close to the commercial area is not necessarily a good thing. Traffic, noise, the school nearby...possibly being able to see the movie theatre from your house, etc.

My Ride
    POS

Pantego isn't too bad cause it's right off of a main road, so it would only take you probably a few extra minutes then if you lived in the other areas if you want to avoid going throught Hidden Valley. I'm in Panamount and have been here for 4 years now and I think it's a great community, but that's because all of our neighbors are pretty cool and we all get along. Driving is good because there are a lot of detours you can take if one of the roadways is jammed. If I were you and depending on the times you drive to work/home I would probably drive either stoney/deerfoot or country hills/deerfoot or even country hills/barlow. Beddington trail/deerfoot is pretty backed up when it comes to rush hour traffic.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

They're all great places to start your first grow op.

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

Whats your price range?

There are lots of better "bang for your buck" newer communities as opposed to inner city properties.

Theres kincora, evanston, how about cranston or silverado, auburn bay.

How new do you want? royal oak? rocky ridge?

close to ring road access?

I have one friend that lives in panorama and she swears by that community, but me personally, I wouldn't move there.

Is your whole point to move to panorama to be closer to your friends? or to find a place you really like?

what if your friends move? will you still like the area?

If you work in the SE,.. wouldn't it make more sense to find a place in copperfield? quarry park? some nice older places in the west side of riverbend

Just food for thought.....
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by bspot
    They're all great places to start your first grow op.
    Harvest Hills would be better because it's closer to the airport so you have less HAWKS flying around...lol

In all seriousness, Panorama Hills is a good community. I've been here for five years on the Panatella and Panamount side and I can't complain about anything except the home owners association fee - it's $262/year which I think is steep for a non-lake community. Other than that, everything else is great, traffic, neighbors, schools, shopping centre. Getting in and out of the community is great with different options to get onto major roads like country hills, Stoney trail, and beddington trail.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

^Agreed,
    Association fee =

I'm in Harvest Hills and its very generous how many hot ladies live in this neighbourhood. Same goes with Panorama, lots of eye candy.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

I live in coventry and love the area up here. I miss being downtown once and a while but most of it is good. Traffic on deerfoot isnt as bad as you think. 30 minutes from here to blackfoot and 42nd.

When we move up we are going to Panorama, Hanson Ranch, or Varsity.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Right now I work in the SE. The chance of work changing is more likely than a number of my friends moving. Also the Church I go to is in the North. I also go to T&T, Planet Organic, yoga in the North West. Yes all that can change and I can find new stores but if and when my job situation change then unless I pinpoint an area in the South I would be close to few of my closer friends.

Will go see a few places this weekend in Panorama and Kincora.

Been looking at this area for a while now. There's a big premium for living in panorama compared to neighboring communities.

Check out price statistics here:
    http://www.andrewkyle.com/mlsca/home...community_maps

Originally posted by static.b
    Been looking at this area for a while now. There's a big premium for living in panorama compared to neighboring communities.

Check out price statistics here:
    http://www.andrewkyle.com/mlsca/home...community_maps
    The premium to living up in harvest/Coventry/Pan area is the women. Have you seen the eye candy around here? You see a lot on the 301 often going downtown.
    LOL

^^ or at Cardel Place
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos
    ^^ or at Cardel Place
    Yes cardel too

Anyways id say the worst part living in this area is that if you work downtown (which a lot of people in this area do), its a 30min bus ride to work. Sure thats not bad but I personally cant stand when the bus is packed (thankfully mine isnt too often like the ctrain) and i have to stand. In winters its 40-45mins commute. Summers is fast.

The 301 though is another story, cause sooo many people take this bus. Its pretty much the modern day #3 bus, its always super packed like the ctrain and unless you catch it right at the Cardel place bus loop its pretty much gaurenteed you have to stand. Uhhh...I couldnt do that 5 days a week.
    LOL

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

IF you go early you might be ok? I used to take the #3 just before 7. However it doesn't matter if I go early or late because by the time it gets closer to DT I have to give up my seat to a lady, or an elderly guy etc etc.

If it's not too packed then I don't mind taking the bus and take a quick snooze.

Stood in some of the lots where the home builders are currently building and the traffic from Stoney was way too loud. No wonder people close to Stoney are selling.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Don't they have sound breaks? Or... perhaps... are they not scheduled to have them?

As Jay suggested - have you looked at Kincora? We're very happy living there. Perhaps Evanston?

Originally posted by static.b
    Stood in some of the lots where the home builders are currently building and the traffic from Stoney was way too loud. No wonder people close to Stoney are selling.
    It's no different than any other location where there is more than normal amounts of noise....eventually you just don't notice it any more.

My house is located closer to Stoney than pretty much any other location, and it's not really that bad.

I have a family member that bought a home in Panorama with Stoney Trail as their backyard - I never notice the noise so I don't think it should be a concern at all.

As for the area, I think it's a fantastic place to live with all the amenities, especially the school situation. It's a good investment in my opinion, as it seems like there's a lot of sold signs throughout the area and families making the move to Panorama over Coventry (probably because of the NW address)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast