Quantcast
P2 Energy Solutions - Assessment test? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: P2 Energy Solutions - Assessment test?

Default P2 Energy Solutions - Assessment test?

Anyone here ever taken the assessment test after applying for a position at P2 Energy Solutions? My resume passed their first screening, and they asked me to take it. I'd just want to know what kind of test I'm getting into, and general types of questions they're going to ask me.

My Ride
    FA1

The assessment test is kind of like an IQ test there, you go through mathematical, analytical, problem solving and general knowledge questions.

I'm just writing what my friend told me I asked him as he works there.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I took that test a little over a year ago, it seemed to be a very general IQ style test.

Lots of problem solving, alpha-numeric sequencing and recognizing pattern style questions. Then a section on grammer, word meaning, etc.

Not a whole lot you can study for, keep in mind each section gives you around 25min, so if you get bogged down on a question you might be better off moving on and comming back to the question later. I think a large portion of the exam was time management and how you handle the exam stress.

One guy taking it at the same time I did was done in around 20 minutes and I dont think I could read every question in the exam (200ish if I recall) in 20 minutes nevermind solve all the problems. So I'm sure he just said fuck it and left.

When they emailed me, they told me to allot 2 hours of my time to finish the test. I guess I just gotta get my brain in working order again after sitting around for the past while over Christmas.

My Ride
    German

The test is bullshit, complete waste of time. You'll be fine though unless you are retarded.
    Like the others have already said, it is no different than any other IQ test.

My Ride
    z31

There's a bunch of sections, and each is timed. Lots of sequences. Some math (without calculators). Vocabulary section was pretty standard.

Some odd questions like if the republican symbol was an elephant or donkey & if bull/bear market meant good or bad.

If you're looking for IT Business Intelligence/Analyst type jobs I would check out GuildOne. Their a small company that does some pretty interesting data value-add work for Oil and Gas. They seemed to have some non-standard IT type jobs (much more sales, client relationship, etc).

I'm not sure if its by design, but I probably didn't finish most of the timed sections. Hope that doesn't mean I'm a retard.

^ its okay man, I didnt finish those first 3 timed sections either, that first one really got me..i sucked at alphabets..lol