Quantcast
Calgary Public Transit Discussion Thread - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Public Transit Discussion Thread

An update on timelines for some technology improvements to the system.

CCTV replacement - December 2010

Transit Email Alerts - February 2011

Real Time Information (CTrain) - July 2011

Credit/debit card payment machines at various CTrain stations - July 2011

Enhanced Trip Planning on the Web - December 2011

Electronic Fare Payment June 2012 Real Time Information (Buses) - June 2012
    http://www.calgarytransit.com/html/high_tech.html

My Ride
    Grimace

Lol, I got tired of not getting a spot at crowfoot and driving to brentwood so I signed up for the reserved parking for June. I had reserved it and paid through the city of calgary website and the CT website confirmed it had been paid. Today I see they sent me an email yesterday that my reservation has been cancelled as I did not pay. No phone number to contact them only an email

My Ride
    Grimace

Lol, after all that mess, they sent me a parking ticket for June 2 at 9:30am, while my parking was not cancelled until past 6:00pm according to the email they sent me. What a bunch of incompetent morons. They still owe me $6 from that day I paid 3x for parking at crowfoot.

^Jeez what a run around. That sucks.

I have noticed that they are checking for fares quite a bit more now on the south end of the line.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by frinkprof
    ^Jeez what a run around. That sucks.
    Oh it gets better. Call CPA, explain situation, told to call CT to confirm that license plate on file is correct, which I know it is. Call CT, told they have no access to that and I need to email the parking contact from the reservation email. What a ridiculous system. No phone contact to do with the reserved parking what so ever.

Some news and notes.

The Summer Service Revisions have been posted. Small schedule changes to lots of routes. Might want to check it out to see if the route you take is affected. Changes take effect June 27th.

2 new routes. Route 300, the downtown <=> YYC airport BRT starts up. I had thought it would start up in the fall, so that's a bonus. Also a new peak-hour route in Panorama Hills, the 421 - Panatella.

----------------

As a part of the ongoing Whitehorn Station refurbishment/4 car extension, the main station head building will close from June 16th until August 31st. The station can be accessed by using the new level crossing at the south end of the station.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/html/w...sure_2011.html

----------------

The second-last of the open houses for the West LRT bus route changes will be taking place tomorrow night (June 16th) in South Calgary. It says it's for Beltline residents, but you should be able to attend and discuss route changes in other areas.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/html/w...t_oh_2011.html

My Ride
    Grimace

Here is some info on the electronic payment coming out next year, sounds pretty neat and will be much more convenient, but doesn't mention anything like using a CC as opposed to this card.
    http://www.calgarytransit.com/nameit/
    Also lobbying now for SE ctrain
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...southeast.html screw that, give me north central

Some photos taken by srperrycgy on SSP of the NE extension.

Took a very long overdue trip to the NE to grab a few shots of the construction work on the NE Extension to Saddletowne.

64th Avenue Tunnel taken from McKnight-Westwinds:

NEC2-07012011-17 by srp775, on Flickr

Northbound Martindale Platform:

NEC2-07012011-3 by srp775, on Flickr

Southbound Martindale Platform:

NEC2-07012011-2 by srp775, on Flickr

Track Construction South of Saddletowne:

NEC2-07012011-5 by srp775, on Flickr

Saddletowne Station:

NEC2-07012011-12 by srp775, on Flickr

Tail Track north of Saddletowne Station:

NEC2-07012011-15 by srp775, on Flickr

Getting there was fun with the CTrain construction closure downtown and up to Barlow.

CTrain Shuttle at Barlow by srp775, on Flickr
    Last edited by frinkprof; 07-02-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Originally posted by schocker
    Here is some info on the electronic payment coming out next year, sounds pretty neat and will be much more convenient, but doesn't mention anything like using a CC as opposed to this card.
    http://www.calgarytransit.com/nameit/
    Also lobbying now for SE ctrain
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...southeast.html screw that, give me north central
    There are new ticket vending machines being installed at LRT stops that will accept credit cards, debit card capability to come later. Rundle Station just got its new machines apparently.

Originally posted by frinkprof
    There are new ticket vending machines being installed at LRT stops that will accept credit cards, debit card capability to come later. Rundle Station just got its new machines apparently.
    About freaking time... how long until somebody figures out how to install card skimmers on them I wonder?

My Ride
    W204

I always found it so interesting that the Ctrain just cuts right through a residential neighborhood (is that in Martindale?). I remember way back when I visited a friend and saw the reserved right of way in people's yards, I didn't really believe it. LOL guess their houses are now worth quite a bit less though they obviously saw it coming.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by clem24
    I always found it so interesting that the Ctrain just cuts right through a residential neighborhood (is that in Martindale?). I remember way back when I visited a friend and saw the reserved right of way in people's yards, I didn't really believe it. LOL guess their houses are now worth quite a bit less though they obviously saw it coming.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Is that where the train goes through? Holy shit, LOL. Does anybody have a recent picture?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by J-D

Is that where the train goes through? Holy shit, LOL. Does anybody have a recent picture?
    Lol that is awesome
    Wake up, grab a coffee, grab a paper, watch the trains go by

My Ride
    Axis powers

say goodbye to your home value
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quick question... I know the roads close at 7:30am, but does the C-Train still run DURING the parade?

My Ride
    1928 Ford Roadster, 1930 Ford Roadster

Originally posted by Quizzes
    Quick question... I know the roads close at 7:30am, but does the C-Train still run DURING the parade?
    Yes,

It's the number one cause of gaps in the parade

Wicked awesome!

My Ride
    2016 BMW X5D, 2017 Acura RDX

Anyone who takes the BRT from mckenzie towne to downtown can you PM me please.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

For those taking the LRT during Stampede, here's some etiquette tips. Read and heed.

http://www.lrtincalgary.ca/Stampede.html

LRT Tip 1: Let your fellow passengers off the CTrain before you get on.

LRT Tip 2: A packback full of Stampede stuff smacked in the head hurts. Put the bag on the floor at your feet.

LRT Tip 3: If the CTrain is full, another will appear within a few min. (at peak hours) No need to run for it.

LRT Tip 4: If you and your downtown office mates are going to the rodeo, buy a book of tickets instead of paying cash.

LRT Tip 5: No one wants to see you making out with the girlfriend/boyfriend du jour. Please have some discretion.

LRT Tip 6: Try not to barf on the CTrain. Seriously, please try not to. The required cleaning will take that CTrain car out of service, creating delays.

LRT Tip 7: Avoid travelling on Kids Day or Seniors Day. If you do, have patience.

LRT Tip 8: Holding the CTrain doors for your buddy will piss off your fellow passengers and the operator.

LRT Tip 9: If you can walk from downtown to Stampede, do it. It's not far. It works off the pancake breakfast and/or corn dogs.

LRT Tip 10: Newer LRVs (the boxy ones) now have Air Conditioning. Enjoy.

LRT Tip 11: Because they are Air Conditioned, the windows DO NOT OPEN! But the on the older LRVs, feel free to open the windows.

LRT Tip 12: Please remember to bathe. Odours and crowded CTrains aren't fun for anyone.

LRT Tip 13: There are 2 LRT stations that access the park: Victoria Park/Stampede and Erlton/Stampede.

LRT Tip 14: Keep the onboard YouTube videos tasteful and not x-rated. No one wants to see your 8 second ride.

LRT Tip 15: Try to Watch your language. Kids are around. Try Yee Haw! instead of the F-bomb.

LRT Tip 16: Hang on! The straps and poles are there for a reason. No! Not for that! Sheesh!

LRT Tip 17: Help out visitors if you can. I know a lot of you will.

LRT Tip 18: Your 4ft-high Stuffed Bear doesn't deserve it's own seat. Give up your seat for someone who needs it.

LRT Tip 19: LRT Park-n-Ride lots have reserved parking for half of the lot. The non-reserved areas are free (if you can find a spot).

LRT Tip 20: There are 3 CTrain cars w/ 4 exits on each. Plenty to get on/off the CTrain. No need to 'herd' at one entrance.

LRT Tip 21: Escalators: Stand to the right. Walk on the left. Simple right?

LRT Tip 22: City Hall station has reopened. Olympic Plaza has permanently closed.

LRT Tip 23: The CTrain may run 24 hours a day during Stampede, but the overnight frequency is only every 30 minutes.

LRT Tip 24: Very important for your safety: STAY BEHIND THE YELLOW LINE!

LRT Tip 25: Keep children and strollers safely away from the edge of the platform until the CTrain comes to a complete stop.

LRT Tip 26: When onboard, if you are standing, please move away from the doorways.

LRT Tip 27: Smoking is prohibited at all platforms and stations. Be considerate.

LRT Tip 28: Last One: Have Fun! CT is there to get you to Stampede

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast