Quantcast
Where to eat in Canmore? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to eat in Canmore?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Default Where to eat in Canmore?

If looking for steak and seafood, what would be the absolute best resturant to eat at in Canmore?

Any other style of food places that are a "must eat at"?
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Default Re: Where to eat in Canmore?

Originally posted by legendboy
    If looking for steak and seafood, what would be the absolute best resturant to eat at in Canmore?

Any other style of food places that are a "must eat at"?
    Crazyweed Kitchen - tried it out this summer on our way home from Lac Des Roches and it was great. Not a shorts and t-shirt kind of place for the most part, but if wearing nicer casual clothing you'll feel right at home.
    Will fuck off, again.

Was at Luna Blue for New Years Eve, i thought it was pretty good, more for pasta but I think that they had a few seafood entrees.

My Ride
    ecoboost

Check out the website below:
    http://www.canmoredining.com/

I'll second Crazy weed, Habitat and the Quary are also pretty good.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Not steak and seafood but my favorite Canmore eatery by far is Tapas. Search the thread here. It's a very unique dining experience.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Yea I was looking at Tapas, definitely my kind of place.....not sure the couple were going with would be into it tho
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Wanted to throw out another vote for Crazyweed. Love the place, too bad Canmore wasn't a bit closer to Calgary.
    ---

Murrietas is a finer dining experience with quality food. Sits up high and if you can reserve a table get one along the window looking out to the downtown street.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by rinny
    Murrietas is a finer dining experience with quality food. Sits up high and if you can reserve a table get one along the window looking out to the downtown street.
    Overpriced in my opinion and the service isn't the greatest either. This is based on two visits over the past couple of years.

I've been to Crazyweed a few times and don't understand the hype AT ALL. The room is cold and sterile, and full of 40-something soccer moms who think it's hip and trendy because they bump 15-year-old downtempo beats over the speakers. Also, the food is... predictable, i guess i would say. I've had several dishes there, and I swear the chef is just pulling recipes off of epicurious.com (if you know what i mean).

I also agree with Isaiah re: Murietta's. I've had good experiences at the YYC location, but wasn't impressed with the canmore location. overpriced, LAME and pretentious food, and spotty service.

for steak and seafood, i think your options are pretty much Trough, The Wood (or whatever it's called at the end of Main), and The Quarry. Zona's might also have steak/seafood on the menu, but they definitely don't specialize in it... but out of those, i would most recommend Zona's. highly creative chef there who makes food you won't find anywhere else. I think all of the food is served on dishes that he makes himself, too. nice thing about zona's is you can walk in wearing muddy field gear and not feel out of place.

We ate at Tapas last summer and it was very good. Their spicy potatoes were awesome. The service was very good as well and i'd say it's definitely worth a try.

Originally posted by Isaiah

Overpriced in my opinion and the service isn't the greatest either. This is based on two visits over the past couple of years.
    Certainly pricier but the one and only time i've been there with moderate amount of customers the service was fantastic.

I'd also recommend The Wood for a moderate, Moxies-type meal for Moxies-type prices. I feel they've gone a bit downhill in the last few times since I've been there two years ago but generally very good food and portions for the money.

Location- its on a corner downtown, next to the library? I believe...Great views of the mountains

^^ I think The Wood is at the end of main... although i can never quite keep track of what the name is, because there have been probablly 5 different restaurants there in the last 10 years.

My Ride
    G37X Coupe

Kinda a hole in the wall joint, yet is quite enjoyable for lunch or dinner
    It's global fusion cuisine so the entrees sound bizarre, just don't let that sway you since every dish I've tried has been amazing.
    Elita on Main Street near the Towne Centre (2nd level if you're looking for the sign)

OP is looking for steak and seafood and you guys recommending Italian and "global fusion cuisine."

My Ride
    G37X Coupe

No Steak or Seafood to be found here...

Hmm must of also missed the have to try part of the OP's post...
    Got another joke funny man?

My Ride
    jeep

Default Re: Where to eat in Canmore?

eat at in Canmore?

Any other style of food places that are a "must eat at"? [/B][/QUOTE]

a must eat at in camore is"" chef studio japan."" if you need japanese food by japanese people. not chinese guys trying to pass off all you can eat crap.

My Ride
    1991 MX-5 / R6

Originally posted by Guillermo
    ... but out of those, i would most recommend Zona's. highly creative chef there who makes food you won't find anywhere else. I think all of the food is served on dishes that he makes himself, too. nice thing about zona's is you can walk in wearing muddy field gear and not feel out of place.
    I love Zona's too, so I'm seconding this. Great atmosphere, great food.
    When buying a used car, punch the buttons on the radio. If all the stations are rock and roll, there's a good chance the transmission is shot. ~Larry Lujack

Walking isn't a lost art - one must, by some means, get to the garage. ~Evan Esar

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

I like Lina's in Canmore.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    97prelude

I am surprised no one has mentioned Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co.
    It's warm and cozy inside because they make bake their pizzas in a wood burning oven, and the ingredients are all fresh, some organic. The bruschetta is to die for, and their pizza is delicious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast