Quantcast
Kilimanjaro / Zanzibar - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Kilimanjaro / Zanzibar

Default Kilimanjaro / Zanzibar

So I'm headed to Tanzania to Climb Kili, do the Serengeti safari and spend some time in Zanzibar recovering. There's going to be a 24 hour stop over in Amsterdam on the way down and I think most of my time is probably spoken for while I'm there. Any suggestions for places to visit in Zanzibar and Arusha? I'm thinking a trip to Pemba for scuba diving and the obligatory Stone Town tour while in Zanzibar, but any other suggestions/protips are welcome.

Oh - it's for me and two friends and we leave on the 29th. No pressure
    Last edited by SportTwin; 01-20-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Great scotch is great precisely because you drink it with great friends.

make sure your place on zanzibar is on the east coast.

For sure. I've heard that a couple of times. We're at the Ocean Paradise resort which seems to be a fairly decent spot. East Coast and not far from Pemba and some great diving.

We do spend our last night on Zanzibar in Stone Town (West Coast), and then we fly out to Dar Es Salaam to return home.
    Last edited by SportTwin; 01-23-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Great scotch is great precisely because you drink it with great friends.

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Two years ago, we did kili up the rongai route for 6 days and then did a 7 day safari near Arusha. I found Arusha and Moshi to be pretty dodgy and your guide will most likely tell you to stay in your hotel and not go out alone too much. Do you really have spare time since I think you have to go on a tour up kili and for the safari? Either way, there's not much to do there. Can't comment on Zanzibar execpt that 1 person on our tour got malaria even though she was on malarone pills cause apparently that particular strain of mosquitoes are immune to it.