Quantcast
Mayor Nenshi is brainwashing you - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mayor Nenshi is brainwashing you

Dimes? Hell, those guys are pretty much short the whole dollar.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Is it the same guys as "A-channel: Stop the killings"?

My Ride
    Hondas

Maybe it's the brainwashing talking, but those guys are fuckin' wacko.

My Ride
    Some wedges.

One of these nutjobs is always at the UofC train station..
    Same URL as on the leaflets..

WTB:
    87+ AW11 ds valence panel, ds fender, rear visor. Burgundy interior parts as well.
    7th gen Celica antenna assembly

Please PM me, thanks!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-01-2019 at 12:30 AM.

I unfortunately read up on these guys. Filling in some gaps by inference, here is the story:

In 1982, one of them was charged with assault causing bodily harm and Legal Aid appointed Alain Hepner (Now a prominent criminal defence attorney, then pretty new) as his lawyer. The day of the trial comes, and buddy says "I don't want to have my trial today, because [some reason]". Hepner says, 'you can't put it off, it has to go ahead today.' So they have the trial, and Papez loses, he might have even gone to jail for a bit. The victim (I'm guessing) of the assault may have been this Cheuk Tam that they're angry about.

So, these guys are then mad about Hepner's representation and launch a decades long battle to try and rouse the public to his 'crimes' and to restore their good names. Hepner happens to be Jewish, so they go after him for for being Jewish, and Tam is Chinese, so they now hate the Chinese.

One of their favourite spots to set up shop is out front of City Hall. Several times, City Hall security has told them to move along. They blame this on the mayor (First it was Klein, then Duerr, then Bronconnier, now Nenshi). Since the mayor is obviously attempting to support the massive cover-up that has gone on against them by employing security that doesn't let them do whatever they want at City Hall, all of the mayors have been labelled as 'Hitlers'.

When demonstrating, they distribute pamphlets to people trying to convince people of the wrongs committed using hate speech. The leader of the Jewish Defence League in Canada happened to receive their pamphlet one day, and he made a complaint to the Human Rights Commission for the distribution of Hate Speech. There was a hearing around 2000, and the commission found agains the Papez father and son, and ordered them to stop distributing this stuff and pay $2500 in damages.

They now petition everybody they can think of from the Premier and the Prime Minister to the Herald, etc. When these people don't help them, they label them as complicit in the massive conspiracy that has gone on against them.

They now style themselves as advocates for minorities, currently for the mentally ill, but their main point seems to be that they are oppressed by this conviction from 1982 and now by the Human Rights decision against them.

They claim that the transcripts of the Human Rights commission have been falsified to make them guilty, and they claim that all records of the trial in 1982 have been destroyed to hide the evidence of how the conviction was falsified and so that they can't appeal it. I think that the courts might not have kept the original recordings of the court proceedings, since the period you're allowed to launch an appeal ended about 28 years ago.

They're nothing if not determined, because they still plug away at it today, almost 30 years later.
    Last edited by dexlargo; 01-26-2011 at 09:51 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by dexlargo
    They're nothing if not determined, because they still plug away at it today, almost 30 years later.
    Who funds them? Are they loaded? I can't see them being employable.

My Ride
    '99 Civic HB, '95 Odyssey

are these the same pair I used to see at lunch hour on 3rd Street by the C-train platform. The old man was on about "Shame on you Calgarians for the murder of SChizophenics...yadda...yadda yadda"

seemed to really love it when people would try and argue with him or confront him.

Originally posted by sputnik
    I wonder if those are the weird guys that used to hand out pamphlets in the +15 above the James Short Parkade.

They were basically photocopied letters that they would send to local politicians about strange subjects and the replies from aldermen and MLAs.
    It's a father son team - I've met them and know their names, but won't post them here. The son is a massive man, and friendly giant sort. They've been pamphleteering for almost 20 years, as far as I can tell.

The basic routine is this: Mental health is an important issue to them, and anyone who isn't proactive about funding or community support is against human rights and therefore immediately compared to a Nazi.

Originally posted by DonJuan
    Yeah he looks real sinister. I wonder what maniacal plan he has for the city? Will he make the snow plows run during the summer and road works in the winter? Who will save us?

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

^ That's a Burberry tie. Maybe he is taking bribes....
    +1

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Actually I find the Cheshire cat very creepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Originally posted by LollerBrader

It's a father son team - I've met them and know their names, but won't post them here. The son is a massive man, and friendly giant sort. They've been pamphleteering for almost 20 years, as far as I can tell.

The basic routine is this: Mental health is an important issue to them, and anyone who isn't proactive about funding or community support is against human rights and therefore immediately compared to a Nazi.
    Just a shot in the dark here but are they Milan Papez Sr. and Milan Papez Jr.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2