Quantcast
Right on time... another year, another CoD - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Right on time... another year, another CoD

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Right on time... another year, another CoD

supposed to be a continuation in plotline of MW2 (fill in the rather huge holes in the story i guess) , 'MW3' release of 11/11/11 o_0, on time for november as usual, since IW is at basically half strength, Activision's called upon Sledgehammer (Some James bond games, crash bandicoot lols, guitar hero, tony hawk games) for the SP and Raven (Singularity, which wasnt that bad imo) for the MP to help finish IW's 'MW3'.

on another note, Sledgehammer was already working on another CoD title (futuristic space theme) before they were called up to help on 'MW3' which they now put on hold...

Also, get ready for
    , CoD MMO supposed release for 2012

so is everyone already ready for yet another modern warfare genre'd CoD already? a CoD MMO, CoD Space soldiers?... CoD with Kinect?? err ready for CoD's maybe every 6 months?

lol sounds like its becoming a little much on the quantity before quality there activision... but who knows they might be breakthrough hits (especially with the sales cause we all know all the kiddies/fanboys would buy every CoD forever anyways, even if it was CoD: My Little Pony ) using all these new-to-CoD dev companies with new fresh talent/ideas?

This rumor lends credence to the recent website registrations by Activision, however, which included "Future Warfare," "Advanced Warfare," "Secret Warfare," and "Space Warfare."
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...-meltdown.html

http://callofdutyghost.com/source-co...n-warfare-3-30

http://mwarfare3.com/modern-warfare-...ree-studios-25

edit:, i just thought tho, a CoD MMO might be interesting, just like MAG and BF2, 64-128-256 man servers would be pretty damned awesome with the CoD platform with hundreds of ppl running all over a huge map and a hopeful potential for teamwork for once, its every FPS players dream for their favorite games i'd think: more ppl = more kills/points/credits/money
    Last edited by n1zm0; 01-25-2011 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

i got tired of black ops way too fast because it was so much like MW2 and the multi player levels sucked monster dick

prob wont even buy another version.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    i got tired of black ops way too fast because it was so much like MW2 and the multi player levels sucked monster dick

prob wont even buy another version.

Yep exactly how I feel about it. Maps are complete garbage and I still don't like how you buy weapons.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Yea I'm put off about having to buy weapons in mp on COD:BO I think it's pretty dumb
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

I didn't like Black Ops story line very much. I kina figured it out a little too quickly. I like the mulitiplayer cuz there are less areas for people to be super cheap etc but I didn't like half of the guns and I don't really like how you hafta purchase everything either.

But Im already looking forward to this one cuz Im a lemming and will buy it regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Had COD4 never come out, Black Ops would be the best COD game yet. MW3 is going to be garbage though. I bet they won't change too much from MW2 because they don't have time. I will continue to play COD as long as Treyarch is still making them. Also buying weapons and perks is awesome. You can have the loadout you want right from the beginning. I don't know what you guys are complaining about.

My Ride
    Silverado

o rly? cause im pretty sure i have to wait until level 32 to get the fn fal

My Ride
    STi

I miss the days when FPS games lasted years and became classics like counter strike. They're becoming like sports games where they come out once a year now...

I didn't buy black ops so I most likely won't buy this one.

My Ride
    rally pig

^

ever since MW2 I swore to boycott any future CoD unless they were going for under 10$ on steam.
    I have BC2 nowadays anyway to fill up my occasional FPS crave.

I'm not ready to see another COD game. I know they come out every year but it seems a bit much. At this rate is does feel like Quantity. Lets hope the MP is significantly better than MW2, I don't want to see another game littered with so many glitches, and problems. Boosting, danger close, noob tubes, one man army, 10 ft knifing. I'm curious to see what improvements and innovations they can make compared to Treyarch.

As for the whole buying weapons in Black Ops, if you think about it, it's not all that much different than MW2. You still have to wait until you rank up before you get access to certain guns. And by the time you reach that level you should have more than enough cod points to buy any gun, unless you are wasting them on wager matches etc. I personally like the whole system of buying guns, attachments and perks. I doubt IW and Raven would copy the same system in the next MW though.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I enjoy Black Ops maps WAYYY more than MW2, there's no serious camp spots, and it's not all run and gun, you can if you want, but you can be a little more tactical too. I'm so sick and tired of playing Nuketown and Firing Range.

I'm on the fence about the buying guns and perk. Doesn't bother me, but I'm not for it.

Either way MW3 is going to be a steaming pile, a "futurisitc CoD" may as well play Halo, and a MMO? That's not really the target audience of CoD.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 01-27-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by jsn
    I miss the days when FPS games lasted years and became classics like counter strike. They're becoming like sports games where they come out once a year now...

I didn't buy black ops so I most likely won't buy this one.
    I actually couldn't have said it better man. I remember craving new patches for counter-strike for balancing issues, new maps, and the occasional new gun. I didn't need a whole new game.

Hell, I even played team fortress classic for 2 years solid (and team fortress from quake 1 for like 3).

I hate how games just get abandoned and thrown aside just so companies can make an extra buck by tossing out a new game with just a fresh coat of paint on it a year later.

Modern warfare 2 felt like 1, but almost a bit worse. I haven't even tried black ops since MW2 left such a bad taste in my mouth.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    ED-7

It's all about the shareholders... Every big game company is doing it now... sigh.
    Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I swear he was thrown into the ditch by the VTEC sonic boom.

My Ride
    STi

^^ I understand why they do it. Just dissapointed in them for doing so and the games they produce get worse and worse. Alot of companies don't buy out like that. Look at blizzard. Their games take 5 to 10 years to make each time. Instead of comming up with new names each time, like "black ops", they should just scrap it and start calling them by year like sports games do. Modern warfare 09, modern warfare 2010, modern warfare 2011....

They shoulda let users create their own maps like CS did, but they're too greedy for that to be posible. I'd still be playing Modern warfare 1 if they had new maps now and then.