Quantcast
What happened to Logitech Wilife? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What happened to Logitech Wilife?

My Ride
    Lease

Default What happened to Logitech Wilife?

Been researching to purchase Logitech Wilife camera system, the Canadian site doesn't offer info anymore, and for the past 2 years Staples had been selling them but now they're off the shelf.

Anyone got suggestions for non-PC required surveillance systems (i.e. cameras over ethernet? where you plug the cameras into a pvr and the pvr links to the router)

i bought and installed a set from costco for a friend. worked as advertised, the router setup was a bit of a pain. cameras are only great with good light.

i think everyone should lower their expectations with night-time surveillance. either have sensing lights that turn on by movement so you have sufficient illumination, or expect to spend lots for a decent camera.

i know a lot of ppl who cheap out on the cameras. i always ask them wtf they're gonna do with a crappy picture of the suspect lol

the software that came with the set in costco was hard to use for an average joe i thought, and it felt like it worked half the time (logging in remotely) and wasn't very snappy when accessed remotely.

there are systems that 'push' the images or videos to you should there be a trip on a user-set threshold. i think those are more useful (and cool).

the only decent systems i've seen are ones installed by professionals. full setup and wiring for a big house for $3000 i think, including good cameras that will produce useful images should the time come. maybe you should get a consultation by a professional. there are forums dedicated to CCTVs.

Thomas, give me a call, I happen to have 3 complete sets in the package that I have not used. I am running the maximum number of 6 cameras on my system so these are not needed.