Quantcast
Battlefield 3 - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

My Ride
    S13 / W204

I've started my rebuild on my comp just for this game......
    I need to be on max settings for this awesomeness...........
    T_T *cries from all the video teasing*

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by n1zm0
    ^ that Crysis 2 pull was Cryteks fault, not EA

honestly i still dont understand all the bitching, you have ppl who have paid over $1300 in the past 7 years jsut to play WoW, you preorder CoD products and you dont get anything, why can't EA do their thing?

Its still a nice gesture by EA, however ill still say that if youre good enough, 4 weapons and add-ons should make absolutely no difference in how good or bad you do in the game.

i dont see back to karkand pack getting the free treatment though
    ah, didnt see that. Newer games will be exclusive to origin though. I dont see why ea keeps making different download services over and over and sofar none have really caught on. I remember reviewing some pc games for them and everytime it was a different service
    People just dont want others to miss out on content depending on where they buy it. This is kind of what they are doing with forza where they have a few different cars that will be exlusive cars to different preorders. I want all the cars though, so what am I supposed to do?
    Karkand will be like the VIP pack for BC2 I believe so people will have to pay up for that.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

That PS3 footage, remember its still PRE-Alpha, it can only get better

http://thegamershub.net/2011/06/dice...battlefield-3/

some new screens, real faces much? , hard to tell if thats FB2 running that stuff or just 'art'

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

My Ride
    i-VTEC

Looks serious. I can't wait to get it in November.
    Built On Self Success

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Console version will run 30FPS, i guess however BC2 looks on consoles that's the rate you can expect. I didnt think it was that bad iirc, i played the BC2 beta on PS3 and had lots of fun.

Over the weekend, DICE confirmed that Battlefield 3 will run at 30 frames per second on consoles, half the framerate of the PC version. The developer claims that this will allow a greater degree of graphical detail whilst enabling the consoles to cope better with vehicles and multiplayer.

Speaking on Twitter in response to fan questions, DICE's Johan Andersson said: "We always do 30 fps on consoles, not possible to fit in vehicles, fx [effects], scale and all players otherwise."
    Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer, meanwhile, have consistently claimed that Modern Warfare 3 will never dip below 60fps.
    hate to kick the dead horse on this^ but with smaller maps and the same 4 year old engine sans-destructible enviro and vehicles, OF COURSE it will never dip much below 60...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1177168p1.html

My Ride
    STi

For those of you who were worried that the "exclusive" DLCs would imbalance the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/16/ba...ame=0&ns_fee=0

Troedsson says the Physical Warfare Pack, which many feared would imbalance the game, will eventually become available for all: “If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3 at a retailer carrying the Physical Warfare Pack, don’t worry. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack for free to all Battlefield 3 players later this year.”
    EDIT: Oops, didn't see it was already posted last page. Can't delete post
    Last edited by jsn; 06-22-2011 at 08:17 PM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

A look at the MP map from E3, Operation Metro

click for larger version

Lead Multiplayer Designer Lars Gustavsson-

In many ways, this map illustrates our multiplayer design philosophy for Battlefield 3. Operation Mtro starts out in a lush, rolling park outside of the Paris city center. As the attackers push forward and take out the two enemy installations, this is when a normal multiplayer mode in a normal game would end. In Battlefield 3, this is just the beginning of a much larger journey; a journey taking you through a number of distinct and varying environments, each tasking you to re-evaluate your combat tactics and loadouts on the go.
    ~
    Our efforts to let you play Battlefield 3 your way also means that you will have the option to play infantry only matches, for that up close and personal touch.
    ~
    At DICE we have always been proud about our classic mainstay game modes Conquest and Rush. They embody much of what Battlefield stands for: vast scale and all-out vehicle warfare with an emphasis on teamplay. But focusing almost entirely on these modes have meant sacrificing the pick up and play instant action experience that a tight Team Deathmatch mode delivers.
    ~
    Fans of the series can rest assured that both Conquest and Rush game modes are back, bolder and more beautiful than ever. Complementing these with Team Deathmatch means there are now even more ways to play Battlefield. From all-out vehicle warfare to tight infantry combat, its all about your current mood and your preferred play style. And this is far from everything we have waiting for you in the multiplayer component of Battlefield 3 -- we will return shortly to talk about more multiplayer modes and new features that change how you can play the game.
    i hope this means huge maps with more vehicles than needed, so almost everyone would need to be in one to travel or push forward in the game like Highway Tampa
    *crossfingers*

infantry only in BF2 if anyone remembers was a lot faster like in Karkand where they smashed 64 ppl into literally like 5-6 square blocks of city. good on DICE because this will bring alot of other 'instant action' shooter fans to their product imo.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-overview.aspx

My Ride
    06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33

Getting pretty tired of the same old Call of Duty crap...terrible spawns, famas whoring and trying to keep up with the new map packs.

I've stuck with COD since the first Modern Warfare, and it's largely been the same. In fact, with the exception of zombies and wager matches, COD 4 is still my favourite. Feels the tightest and played the best IMO. Even months later, I'm still struggling to get into a comfortable groove for Black Ops.

Seriously looking into switching to Battlefield though. Not sure if I'm ready to drop another $70 on a new COD which will probably be just like the rest...over run with 14-year olds who can kick my ass any day of the week.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Some info on the Classes in MP from DICE Sr MP Gameplay dev:

Our Assault class is still the frontline run and gun class, and considering the havoc and fallen team members someone will see while on the frontlines, the Assault soldier now has medic abilities. Thats right, all the abilities such as medkits and defibrillators typically found on the Medic class are now incorporated into Assault. It makes sense that the class on the frontline will be able to revive fallen team mates, right? Right! Remember, you can play it your way, so if you want to customize your Assault soldier more towards medic abilities or towards serious gunplay, its totally up to you.

Engineers are returning in Battlefield 3, bringing back the class in charge of making repairs to the various vehicles on the battlefield. On the other hand, the Engineer is very adept at taking down vehicles as well this class includes RPGs that can take down armored targets that cant be destroyed by bullets alone, or even building facades that enemy combatants may be using to take cover. Add the fact that an Engineers arsenal includes Carbine weapons, you get an extremely versatile multiplayer class that can truly move like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

The Support class makes its return in Battlefield 3, incorporating the ability to use light machine guns and can lay down heavy fire, allowing him to become a serious mobile weapons platform. Support has always been about heavy infantry firepower from his LMG, says Alan Kertz, Senior Multiplayer Designer at DICE. Its a role that weve wanted to feel different than Assaults running and gunning.

This brings us to two new features in Battlefield 3: Bipods and Suppressive Fire. Bipods have a very practical use, especially for LMGs, as they provide a substantial increase in stability while laying down a base of fire. Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. Youll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know its not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his characters in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!

Supported shooting with Bipods and Suppressive Fire finally allows us to achieve an obvious difference between Assault and Support, since the heavy LMGs are not terribly mobile, explains Kertz. When deployed with a Bipod, they become an incredibly powerful force. Suppressive Fire forces the enemy to keep their head down and lets the Support gunner pin his enemies in place so teammates can flank.

Love him or hate him, Recon is the long range sniper class for Battlefield 3 who excels at gathering intel while on the battlefield. His sniper scope gives this class a distinct view of the battlefield, making Recon particularly suited for spotting enemies as seen in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, ensuring your entire team can see the locations of spotted members of the opposing team. Recon traditionally has been seen as just a sniper, Kertz said. We wanted to change that perception, so weve built several completely new teamplay oriented gadgets specifically for the Recon class so he can be a team player, even if hes sitting on the top of Wookie Mountain. Well talk more about these toys and how they work in a blog post a bit further down the road.
    The surpressing fire mechanic works awesome in the BF2 mod Project Reality, you can't see shit all when being fired at even from the otherside of the wall, really effective because as long as someone pins the enemy down with sporadic intermittent fire in the general direction, teammates can start moving up or flanking, good that they put that in the game. Also bipods on LMGs from experience in other games with that ability is a good idea as long as they make it take a while to deploy and close the legs before moving otherwise its kind of unfair.

So if assault has the med duties now, then the Support should be like BF2 handing out ammo?

Pushing recon away from 'wookie mountain' mentality with gadgets sounds great but in the end imo the sniper mentality always stays the same, when the going gets rough they're nowhere to be found close by, all just bush fondling half a km away.

Engineer sounds like plain old engineer. but now actually tactically aiming your shoulder mounted rpgs to create more damage to buildings where ppl are hiding.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-of-class.aspx

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

n1zmo.. time to get the game and squad up again and just destroy everything like in bc2?
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by sh0ko
    n1zmo.. time to get the game and squad up again and just destroy everything like in bc2?
    kk np just have to wait 4 more months lol

sidenote: thats sad to think about isnt it, 4 more months its fken october already

hopefully a closed beta comes out soon tho, i can almost guarantee i will be getting 2 codes for that for PC or PS3 so when the time comes, i'd be happy to give a code out first come first serve when i post that i have it

edit: Just saw that EA is having their "Summer Showcase" event live stream at 1pm our time, will show BF3 i guess at some point.

http://www.ea.com/1/summer-showcase

also lots of new games announced i just saw, like an EA mini-E3
    Last edited by n1zm0; 07-07-2011 at 02:49 PM.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Wonder how good this will look on xbox compared to pc?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Troll-ol
    Wonder how good this will look on xbox compared to pc?
    Am sure looks will be there but as posted above, frame rate won't be.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Originally posted by Xtrema

Am sure looks will be there but as posted above, frame rate won't be.
    Doesn't xbox usually run games at 60fps ?

My Ride
    Grimace

Ya many do, but they already said that it would be 60fps didnt they but the textures and visuals will not be as good as on the pc.

M4 on an engineer? Yes please.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by schocker

Ya many do, but they already said that it would be 60fps didnt they but the textures and visuals will not be as good as on the pc.
    this is the pure and simple truth, DICE Frostbite engine coder Christina Coffin on twitter:

@ChristinaCoffin:
    competitor brags 60fps, ignores fact their game runs at lower resolution,clearly rehashing their same old game at 2x framerate is better too
    29 Jun

@ChristinaCoffin:
    I thought maybe they had to run at that high framerate because their upper management has a *really* short attention span
    29 Jun
    Just saw this on gamerzine via g4tv, good thing i set my sights on a 560 ti or 6950:

GameStop has published the minimum and recommended specs required to run the PC version of Battlefield 3, with a quad-core processor and 64-bit version of Windows 7 recommended to get the most out of DICE's upcoming shooter.

These are the PC specs required, according to GameStop's Battlefield 3 product listing:

Minimum:

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Operating System: Windows Vista or Windows 7

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz

RAM: 2GB

Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Download PCGZine Issue 53PCGZine Issue 53 GamerZines Magazine For our latest Battlefield 3 coverage, click here to download PCGZine Issue 53 for free.Recommended:

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

RAM: 4GB

Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

Please note that the specifications are still to be confirmed by EA or DICE and are subject to change.
    http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news/ba...-pc-specs.html

Also don't get your hopes up for a Steam copy, 'Origin Dickery' as Dtoid calls it is showing its asshole greediness, feel sorry for DICE as they are trying to push the whole PC first deal and if you dont have Steam download for BF3... youre pulling some dumbass shit EA - EA reinventing the wheel commie China copycat style imo - Steam is the original, the most experienced and the most efficient in digi downloads, anyways battlefield.com EA website posted this pic, then very quickly pulled it off the web:

seems like i should just hunt a physical copy down then.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Hmmm do I really want to upgrade my 5850?.....

My Ride
    STi

I just upgraded my laptop. I hope the GTX 560M can run it at decent specs.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

how does a gtx275 compare to the recommended video ?

Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast