Quantcast
Battlefield 3 - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

What is the best GPU bang for buck right now? My 4850hd is not going to cut it for this game.

Any suggestions?

I don't really have a preference ATI or Nvidia.

Also, am I the only one who gets lag, or a drop of fps quite a lot?

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by calgarydub
    What is the best GPU bang for buck right now? My 4850hd is not going to cut it for this game.

Any suggestions?

I don't really have a preference ATI or Nvidia.

Also, am I the only one who gets lag, or a drop of fps quite a lot?
    I keep reading the 560ti is the best bang for buck right now.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

ya 560ti ain't bad

for a bit more money a sapphire 6950 toxic is way better. good luck finding one though.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

Originally posted by ZEDGE

I keep reading the 560ti is the best bang for buck right now.
    thats what im using
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

How do you unlock a mobile spawn? I was squad leader in a match yesterday and got it but don't know how.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

once I was able to spawn directly into the pilot's seat of a jet. dunno how I pulled that off either

My Ride
    S13 / W204

my 6950 kicks this games ass lol.

i wonder if they tweaked the game today because i haven't fallen through any geometry yet.... yesterday i kept falling right through the grass when i went prone..........

My Ride
    TSX / R6S

Originally posted by beecue
    How do you unlock a mobile spawn? I was squad leader in a match yesterday and got it but don't know how.
    recon class has it

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by b_t
    ya 560ti ain't bad

for a bit more money a sapphire 6950 toxic is way better. good luck finding one though.
    and if you get a non reference card you can flash bios to a 6970, thats my plan in the near future.

Originally posted by Scat E46

recon class has it
    I was using assault. I hate this MOH style instant death where I can't even tell where I'm being shot from.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Sil80_D
    my 6950 kicks this games ass lol.

i wonder if they tweaked the game today because i haven't fallen through any geometry yet.... yesterday i kept falling right through the grass when i went prone..........
    Server side patches.

We have distributed a server side update with the following changes:

- Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB

- Preround is fully activated: 8 players required to transition from preround to in-game; when 8 players are reached, the start-timer is set to 10 seconds

- Fixes for the most common game server crashes reported over the past 48 hours

- Fixes for end-of-round progress reporting to Battlelog (so players will see their progress more detailed on Battlelog)

The Server Providers have been instructed to deploy before Fri Sep 30th, 0800 UTC (when it impacts players the least).
    Time for today's first Battlelog update starting in around 30 minutes. Downtime is expected to be up to 30 minutes.

Fixes include:

• Improved cancel state in Game Manager when joining servers with Quick Match

• Server Browser filter is now open by default, and Battlelog saves the state of the filter for the user

• Made sure we don't send -1 ping sites to Blaze, this to ensure that people don't get ping errors when trying to matchmake

• Added an error message for users with passwords containing non-alphanumeric characters to the Gate page - these users can't play due to a URL bug that's being fixed in our systems. We will ask you to change password before logging in.

• Improved default listing of servers in Server Browser to render servers with even more slots available

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Ok, WTF did they do with the player names???? I can't tell who the hell is who...

My Ride
    Grimace

So I figured out my problem, must disable firewall and peerblock even though I allow access in both

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

Wow, so many patches and fixes for the beta, kind of scares me for the full game.

Seems like they were super unprepared for this.

I am so bored of rush on Op met... I have lost all excitement for this beta.

I want to play Battlefield fucking 3, not call of duty meets medal of honor meets battlefield bad company 2.

Battlefield means vehicles, tactics, large maps, capturing flags. It also use to mean great squad system and commander position too, but the idiot masses enjoy simplistic shit.

How awesome was it to use artillery in BF 1942 with the arty system, or use the boats to fire missiles in BF2?

Great looking game, shitty beta.
    Last edited by calgarydub; 09-30-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Wow, so many patches and fixes for the BETA, kind of scares me for the full game.

I've underlined , bolded, and even capitalized the thing you seem to be not grasping, even though you said it 3 times in your post.

You're playing a BETA, this is NOT the full product and is subject to get tweaked.

As David Goldfarb said (On sept 28) "Folks. If it says BETA it is not, by definition, a final product."
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Wow, so many patches and fixes for the beta, kind of scares me for the full game.

I am so bored of rush on Op met... I have lost all excitement for this beta.

I want to play Battlefield fucking 3, not call of duty meets medal of honor meets battlefield bad company 2.

Battlefield means vehicles, tactics, large maps, capturing flags. It also use to mean great squad system and commander position too, but the idiot masses enjoy simplistic shit.

How awesome was it to use artillery in BF 1942 with the arty system, or use the boats to fire missiles in BF2?

Great looking game, shitty beta.
    Why would you be surprised about patches and fixes in a beta? lol

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Why would you be surprised about patches and fixes in a beta? lol
    I'm not really surprised, I just feel like this game has been a long time coming, and release is right around the corner. The state the game is(was?) in right now is not good. Hopefully the beta tells them what they need to know before it goes live.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I've underlined , bolded, and even capitalized the thing you seem to be not grasping, even though you said it 3 times in your post.

You're playing a BETA, this is NOT the full product and is subject to get tweaked.

As David Goldfarb said (On sept 28) "Folks. If it says BETA it is not, by definition, a final product."
    This isn't closed beta, and release is only a few weeks away, what's wrong with being concerned about shit like that?

This game has been hyped as being a true sequel to battlefield 2, I have very high expectations for it.

Caspian Border is fun, but the lack of squad controls (ability to chose them) really hurt the experience for me. I will reserve judgement until I play the real thing as intended.

PS. I hope the retail game at least shows my ping
    Last edited by calgarydub; 10-01-2011 at 02:22 AM.

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

My Ride
    S14|TB1

This isn't closed beta, and release is only a few weeks away, what's wrong with being concerned about shit like that
    there are 2 reasons for this beta imo. the first is to capture CoD fast paced players hence they used op metro and generally a big marketing ploy to get preorder incentive and most importantly second is to test server load. there is a beta testing company i am in that has done.beta testing for ALL bf titles on.pc, this time around.not so much as a word to test anything. i bet the real beta has already or is.in proper testing internally.

if you see what most of the DICE devs on.twitter have been saying, is theyre all basically doing playtests nonstop rather than.coding, which leads me to believe in-house testing for the real product and that the final.product is in its last stages, we all got this 'beta' as a teaser i think its a old build personally and they really just want to test server load capacity as that is why caspian was added for three days (infact thats what those who were invited were told they were testing), this is no real beta, closed or open, its a marketing demo.

ive been in alot of alphas and betas and they are.never reflected on as retail examples. they call in mass testers cause they do.not have the numbers.to mimic real world worldwide server load.

This isn't closed beta, and release is only a few weeks away, what's wrong with being concerned about shit like that?

Do a bit of research before getting on the soap box man.

From Daniel matros, one of the creators:

Daniel Matros
    A lot of what you are seeing in the BETA doesn't exist in the main game already. 1st Party submissions mean we couldn't give a version of the latest code in the BETA but the retail game is well ahead of what you are seeing now with a lot more bug fixes already in place.
    Even weeks before release , it's a beta... I swear to god it's like something has happened to gamers in the last 5 years... They feel a beta is a self entitlement and demand a full quality product when ACTUALILITY of a beta is for you to *GASP* ... TEST THE GAME FOR BUGS! it's not for your enjoyment or pleasure , it's to help the devs
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast