StickyRice3234

TCinfinity - calgarydub's friend

Kinjou - Kinjou

Caker2 - 86max

bynd_EmmaStone - taemo

Tears of joy, 6 years waiting for a proper followup from BF2

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...order-now.aspx

Those three things are what we've all been missing since BF2, hopefully see what Frosbite 2 engine can do, supposedly major advancements in destruction to buildings. Cant wait!!

edit: also from the cover art and the bs of a trailer looks like huge metropolitan city battle (L.A?), the cover art, on the right of the main soldier you see a palm tree and skyscrapers as well as in the trailer with apaches flying towards it, my guess following BF2 genre: chinese, russians or MEC invade stateside? just noticed the airplane flying in was an SU-37, so russia most likely

Here looks like blackhawk, LAV-25, Abrams, Bradley? and F-18s and a north american type downtown core
    click for larger version
    Last edited by n1zm0; 10-31-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Looks like it's going to be be pretty awesome. I was impressed with BC2 so I can't wait to see what they do with this game! Hope they reveal more footage soon.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

man this is off the hook!!!! the inner nerd in me almost caused me to jump right over my sad cubicle. oh god tears of joy.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

that video didn't show us shit. I've been waiting and researching bf3 forever now it seems. cant wait.

My Ride

It better play like fucking battlefield and not bad company

My Ride
    S14|TB1

^ it has to, its BF3 not BFBC3, BC has its own plot line which it does very well.

Someone punching in some urls on the EA website found this, Karkand ftw! with all the old guns and vehicles from that map i guess + whole destructible buildings? = :

click for larger version

My Ride
    S14|TB1

found on a site selling BF3, if anyone's played Arma and Arma 2, looks like theyre taking a few hints from that game, like drag wounded to safety instead of reviving out in the open and mounting your gun (bipod equipped stuff only i assume) to a surface for better accuracy. also fighting in a potentially fully destructible Paris, NYC and Tehran - awesome...

Also being from EA, they got some help from the EA sports guys for the human motion animation from NHL/Madden etc:

Feel The Battle! This fall, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite 2 gaming engine.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Features:
    • Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

• Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

• Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

• Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
    http://www.webhallen.com/spel/pc/990...imited_edition

from the official bf3 website:

One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3.
    Last edited by n1zm0; 02-07-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Originally posted by Wraith
    It better play like fucking battlefield and not bad company
    What didn't you like about BC or BC2? I never played any of the original battlefields but thought BC2 was pretty awesome. Were there a lot of major difference for multiplayer?
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride

Originally posted by n1zm0
    ^ it has to, its BF3 not BFBC3, BC has its own plot line which it does very well.
    I know. They are different games and I hope DICE keeps it that way. What worries me slightly is that it is also coming out on consoles and most developers tend to cater towards that market. The return of 64 players, prone and jets leads me to believe they know what we are looking for though. I really hope BF3 is amazing on PC and awful on consoles

Originally posted by Despair*
    What didn't you like about BC or BC2? I never played any of the original battlefields but thought BC2 was pretty awesome. Were there a lot of major difference for multiplayer?
    Don't get me wrong, they are both great games, just very different. I still play some BC2 when I can.

My Ride

Guy on neogaf got his copy of gameinformer early:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421095

-Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
    -Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
    -Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
    -Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
    -Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
    -Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
    -AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
    -No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
    -Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
    -Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
    -Plan on better, more immediate post release content
    -More unlocks than BFBC2
    -Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
    -4 classes
    -Will talk about squads "later"
    -Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
    -Will have co-op
    -There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
    -BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
    -They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
    -Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.
    -"Fuck" will be used often, so M rated for sure
    -There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
    -Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
    -More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
    -PC version is lead version
    -Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.
    -No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
    -Original story, not based on Bad Company at all.
    PC version is lead version
    4 classes

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by Despair*

Bad company played like you were in molasses. To knife a guy, or switch to pistol to finish someone took FOREVER. This is why I switched to COD after BC came out, I need a fast paced game. Then BC2 fixed this enough for me to switch back... huge hopes for BF3!!!!

My Ride
    my GF

Here's to hoping they actually have proper flight controls, like they did in BF2, BC2 was shit and childsplay.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

^ flying in BF2 was too easy imo, or the AA was too shitty. BC2 - helos were too over powered like BF2 imo, they should make critical hit boxes near the engines for small arms fire, just too f'n hard to take out the helos sometimes.

on a side note, will you be running BF3 lans?

PC version is lead version
    4 classes
    yeah i was surprised, so no more special ops i guess, too bad cause that role was the fun 'rambo' one - like strapping the C4 to the dune buggy or in the middle of a crossroads intersection and hide to wait for a vehicle to unknowingly pass for IED fun. i hope they only allow the recon guy to have C4 so he'll actually do something in battle... rather than set up shop with the rifle on the outskirts of the map.

but PC lead platform - TY DICE!!!!11, if they dont do mod tools (which seems unlikely now) at least hope that they give us the BattleRecorder again sometime down the road. also as tradition follows, i hope they put in Wake island :P

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Guy on neogaf got his copy of gameinformer early:
    so of course someone leaked it, 4chan got to it, scanned it, , love the parts about the rpg slamming into the room and the glass exploding on that floor from the splash radius, the sound engine sounds awesome and of course the destruction of Frostbite 2.0.

the exec producer seems pretty confident this game is going to be insanely amazing, cocky or not i sure fken hope so! guess well have to wait for this supposed first proper trailer on Mar1 @ GDC.

from the little blurb in the article 'power to the pc players', looks like i'll have to think about doing a crossfire to experience this new engine in full :

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

Last edited by beecue; 02-23-2011 at 09:30 AM.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

I have a boner.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Daaang!

My Ride
    S14|TB1

^
    Originally posted by beecue

Graphics looks pretty good.
    Frostbite.2 engine is gonna own! The character action is from the tech that produces all those EA sports games. almost looks like I need to get a new gpu for this game already, anyone need a 5770, cheap!

My Ride
    bird

Look's like I'll probably get this for pc, and burn a copy for xbox

My Ride

Page 1 of 80 1 2 11 ... LastLast