Quantcast
Getting Car Detailed? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Getting Car Detailed?

My Ride
    changes every year

Default Re: Personal Touch

Originally posted by Wrath
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Dave @ Personal Touch Car Care.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=...67764&z=14

Dave and his wife have been doing the best job on Calgary's nicest cars for years. They do 1/2 of all the World of Wheels cars...all of Davenports customer cars and have been doing City of Calgary Ambulances for years...

Nice guy.....kinda crazy...but does great work

-Scott
    hes my(step) uncle and ya hes crazy but him and Lori do amazing work. people probably dont know him because he is out in the boonies. anyways i actually bumped this because of the calgary deals and discounts for supreme shine and wanted to know if anyone has used them yet.

Default Re: Re: Personal Touch

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

hes my(step) uncle and ya hes crazy but him and Lori do amazing work. people probably dont know him because he is out in the boonies. anyways i actually bumped this because of the calgary deals and discounts for supreme shine and wanted to know if anyone has used them yet.

I have had 2 good experiences with supreme shine, I would recommend them.

Stay away from Calgary auto spa, and Absolute auto detailing. Seriously, stay away.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Forgot about this thread. I spoke negatively of Jeds work from my previous experience (only one), last fall I tried him again (without mentioning my previous exp.), and he did an awesome job this time.

I'd recommend him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    NC1

Has anyone used Bubbles on Macleod? (seriously)
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    Haven't had them polish anything or do any extensive work but they do pretty good quick jobs, in and out in 20 minutes interior & exterior. Major work I'd still leave for Jed due to experience and he takes his time to make sure it is right, there is no line up being him waiting to be done the same day/hour.

EDIT: This was the one just off Macleod in front of Hooters at whatever it is, 42nd, not the one on 58th by Chinook. The one near Hooters as a wash bay setup for higher end vehicles, especially with wheels, where they do it mostly by hand and do not run it through the auto tracks, Chinook only has the auto tracks.

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

My buddy used em for his 2011 Ram, worst job we've ever seen, I could do better in an hour with a sponge and a spray hose. The interior looked like it had been coated in some sort of baby oil and it was greasy for about 3 days until my buddy finally got tired of it and cleaned it all off with a paper towel. Never use bubbles on Macloeod Trail.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by 93VR6

My buddy used em for his 2011 Ram, worst job we've ever seen, I could do better in an hour with a sponge and a spray hose. The interior looked like it had been coated in some sort of baby oil and it was greasy for about 3 days until my buddy finally got tired of it and cleaned it all off with a paper towel. Never use bubbles on Macloeod Trail.
    They probably used petroleum based interior quick-detailer (think Armour-All).

For anyone that would like to remove petroleum based interior quick-detailer, use diluted all purpose cleaner and microfiber cloth.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I've used them twice when for their "executive package" which includes hand wash, tire shine, wheel clean and full interior including shampoo.

They charge about $300 for this service which I think is a total rip for what you get. Both times the windows were so steaky that I can't see in the sun and the dash is covered in cleaning residue, cracks are leaking excess cleaning product, shampoo is fine. When I called back they were super good about it though, said to bring in in and they'd fix it.

Only reason I ever use them is because you can roll up at 8 am on any day and your car will be done same day, no appt or anything. If you do use them just make sure to have a roll of paper towel and some windex to do a quick tidy up of their mess.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4