Quantcast
looking for a place that does rust repair and a good paint job - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: looking for a place that does rust repair and a good paint job

My Ride
    AP2

Default looking for a place that does rust repair and a good paint job

so like the title states, i am looking for a place that fixes rust and does a good paint job, my budget is $3000. let me know thanks !

My Ride
    Blue boy

That won't happen, unless you find a backyarder. $3000 will not get you paint at a bodyshop, let alone rust repair

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    That won't happen, unless you find a backyarder. $3000 will not get you paint at a bodyshop, let alone rust repair

My Ride

Default Re: looking for a place that does rust repair and a good paint job

Originally posted by -CHRISS
    so like the title states, i am looking for a place that fixes rust and does a good paint job, my budget is $3000. let me know thanks !
    I've been looking at getting my project car painted, I found you should expect a minimum ~$5-6000 for a GOOD paint job. Any reputable shop will likely require that any rust be cut out, etc... and most reputable places probably run between $75-100 an hour for labour.

In my car's case, it has one spot of rust + paint and I was told about $7-8k. (Although this did include door jambs)

As for the $3,000 jobs... When I was 17 I had my car painted for around $2500. Paint didn't look bad at the time, little over spray on the trim... but all in all not bad. After 2 years and about 25,000km the paint looked brutal. Didn't hold up well at all. Chipped easily, spider cracking on the rear bumper, etc.

Food for thought anyway

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Screamin Paintworks is a reasonable and good quality place. Not sure if 3k will do it or not...

As for rust repair - shops almost never will do bondo-style jobs for you. If you're looking for a proper job (cutting out and replacing metal), you will pay a lot more than 3g - no matter where you go.

My Ride
    Starion / 2010 Camaro

i had my car repaired, rust was cut, new metal welded in on both rear quarters and around the windshield, replaced the rsted sunroof panel and painted the whole car for 2100.00. was a great job with no issues. and they waranteed the rust repair. there was a small bubble where the weld was a year later and they fixed it with no issues. not sure if you can still find a deal like that but i am sure if you phone around you might. they did however mention that they wont be doing rust repair anymore due to its complexity.

^^^ I have trouble believing you got a good, proper, paint job for $2100, even if you don't count the rust repair.

My Ride
    Starion / 2010 Camaro

it looked great even after a year when i sold the car, they removed the bumpers, mirrors, lights, and handles to paint it. no tape lines, no overspray. i would say it was a really good job and the car was black with a blue fleck in the paint. the sheen was consistant all around, no dull spots. they even reapirs a small palm sized dent in the door for that price.