Quantcast
too loud stereo? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: too loud stereo?

My Ride
    my gf nuts & cb9

Default too loud stereo?

so i'm driving today on macleod near 58th, and traffic is somewhat heavy. i hear bass coming from a black alero, and it was the loudest car i've ever heard. you could hear him coming from like 5 blocks away......is there any law or is there anything in this situation to do? even with my windows rolled up and the stereo cranked i could still hear and feel this guy's bass....is there anything in that situation i could do? cause honestly, i don't mind bass from a system, but this guys so excessive. has anyone else heard this ass?

My Ride
    AWOL

It's not too loud, you're just old.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by Grogador
    It's not too loud, you're just old.

Haha bass travels pretty well. Also the Alero has absolute shit for sound deadening.

If you're truly bothered by stuff like this, you probably live a fairly stressful life. Just don't worry about it, and let him shake his car to pieces.

My Ride
    my gf nuts & cb9

honestly no. i can appreciate a decent stereo, but when you feel the bass from 5 cars away, or see the bus windows beside you shaking as if they were about to fall out, then it might be too loud. i've been debating whether or not this guy is deaf to begin with.....

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

First word that pops into my head every time I encounter people like that:

Fag.

Also applies to obnoxious Harley riders. See the South Park episode "The F Word" for further clarification.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    Horse

I bet the guy has a huge wang though.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    95 240SX

This is why my car is lined with B-quiet.

Not everyone enjoys the mellow undertones of The RZA like i do

My Ride
    W204

Whatever... It'll catch up to them. It's just a car. Just don't drive near them. They'll be seriously deaf before they turn 30. Just like all those people on the CTrain that like to crank up their music so loud that I can hear them from across the train.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Are you seriously complaining about how loud a cars stereo was beside you at a light for the 120 SECONDS that you were beside him?

I sense an extreme lack of pussy in your life...

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

You should have asked him "how much was the Bass Cannon from XS Cargo?" Sounds sick Brah
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    2002 Alero

can u feel it? lol
    parts so far: 10000k hid heads and fogs, alpine kd v600, alpine 400bt, alpine mrp-m2000, 18fi btl, all LED lights and color changing signals white/amber (every bulb other then dummy lights) and limo back 3 and 20% in the front and tinted tails
    check out my car http://www.youtube.com/user/scott192

it's just some dumbass kid looking for attention. either that, or some insecure loser who does nothing with his life, and is trying to come off as what he thinks is cool and superior.

i never had subs in any of my cars, mostly because i've been a musician for the last 20 years, and you really CAN'T HEAR the music when you have all that bass... it's a fucking stupid attention grabber that defeats the purpose of even playing music in the first place.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Guillermo
    it's just some dumbass kid looking for attention. either that, or some insecure loser who does nothing with his life, and is trying to come off as what he thinks is cool and superior.

i never had subs in any of my cars, mostly because i've been a musician for the last 20 years, and you really CAN'T HEAR the music when you have all that bass... it's a fucking stupid attention grabber that defeats the purpose of even playing music in the first place.
    When the bass is THAT loud, of course it's overkill and it's just some kid being retarded. However, don't lump all music lovers with systems into the category of 'attention grabbers'.

I turn my music down when I'm waiting in traffic

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by Canmorite
    I turn my music down when I'm waiting in traffic
    You too, eh? I like it loud, but if my windows are open, I'll adjust the volume to compensate for wind and road noise. Louder when the vehicle is moving, quieter when I'm stopped.

Many newer stereo systems do this on their own. Hell, the CD changer in my 4th gen F-Body had speed volume compensation.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    Vmax

Damage to his hearing is already done just a matter of time until he feels its effects. Probably already has tinnitus.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Exposure-T...itus&id=384469

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html

Originally posted by nismo_fan
    .. i hear bass coming from a black alero
    Originally posted by Guillermo
    it's just some dumbass kid looking for attention.
    this is why I never understood losers that pump big stereos in their cars in traffic or worst of all "fart cans". Why would you want to draw attention to your shitty azz ride.

I always see kids rolling these days in old integras with loud exhausts... so let me get this straight, you put a loud exhaust on to draw attention to your "performance" ride and then you go and run 15+ in the 1/4

same thing with stereos, you want to draw attention like you're a baller.... but you drive an alero
    Last edited by J-hop; 02-09-2011 at 11:45 PM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

It would be cool if you could have it so that no one else outside the car could hear the party going on on the inside. I love slamming Opeth or something, but it's do belligerent; I no longer have massive womp from back of vehicle.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

I just point and laugh at them because they don't truly understand what audio quality is.

My old car had a sub, single 10". Barely turned up, enough to add a little more bass to my music... Which is exactly what a sub was designed for. But mind you we were all that young once. When I was in high school (apologies for making me sound old, it really has only been 4 years) I thought car rattling bass was the shit too. Now I understand what actually sounds... Good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast